Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Zhiyun Smooth Q Gimbal for Smartphone $99.99!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2018 2:07 pm
Sep 4, 2015
11 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Walmart] Zhiyun Smooth Q Gimbal for Smartphone $99.99!

Was looking around for a gimbal and came across the Smooth Q at 99.99! Looks like a good deal if you’re not chasing the latest and the greatest. The newer Smooth 4 and Osmo Mobile 2 are hovering around the 150-160 range. You can get the Smooth 4 at Costco.ca for 159.99 less 20 if you use MasterPass.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 5th, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: edited retailer name
45 replies
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1744 posts
3075 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Wow. That's a hot deal.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2081 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver
Awesome. Just ordered one.
May 10, 2010
937 posts
1482 upvotes
Kenora
Does anyone know if this will support the Note 9?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
poopdedoop wrote: Does anyone know if this will support the Note 9?
Yes it will as well as a Sony RX series camera with some DIY mounts
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3897 posts
2322 upvotes
Ottawa
That's an excellent price. That's pretty much the price that a lot of us got it at, when we PM'd Visions.ca back in August
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I’ve has this over a year, unless you want to shoot with your large phone case-less risking a drop, and possibly needing a counter-weight depending on the naked phone weight, this does not support a large phone very well.

Basically if you can’t get it to balance without the motor on using a DIY mount or not, it will overheat and shut down. Somebody on YT already said this about their Note 9 needing to take off the case. You don’t want to miss a moment because it suddenly flops dead. My friend is looking for a solution for his iPhone Max. My X works great, but I prefer my Smooth II because it has interchangeable batteries. Once the Q dies, you need to plug it in.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
1108 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote: I’ve has this over a year, unless you want to shoot with your large phone case-less risking a drop, and possibly needing a counter-weight depending on the naked phone weight, this does not support a large phone very well.

Basically if you can’t get it to balance without the motor on using a DIY mount or not, it will overheat and shut down. Somebody on YT already said this about their Note 9 needing to take off the case. You don’t want to miss a moment because it suddenly flops dead. My friend is looking for a solution for his iPhone Max. My X works great, but I prefer my Smooth II because it has interchangeable batteries. Once the Q dies, you need to plug it in.
check out the snoppa atom or feiyu tech spg 2. play load of 310g and 300 g respectively.
Jul 20, 2007
692 posts
260 upvotes
Aurora
Not sure how good this is. Buy first will think later.
Jul 8, 2015
19 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I was about to pull the trigger but... can this handle an iPhone XS Max (weight 208g)? =/
It's a clearance item, so it's a final sale no return.
Feb 23, 2010
191 posts
79 upvotes
tonyny wrote: I was about to pull the trigger but... can this handle an iPhone XS Max (weight 208g)? =/
It's a clearance item, so it's a final sale no return.
I thought you can still return it within 90 days
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1773 posts
2867 upvotes
Kingston
It days 90 days return next to the price (see image). Just bought one. Thanks OP.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Nov 8, 2007
666 posts
387 upvotes
I tried to cheap out and use this as a 2-in-1 and seriously just don't. The compact camera hacks are total jank, ugly and puts extra strain on the motor and batteries. The time you will waste putting that monstrosity together is better spent towards a proper solution.

Using with a phone is just fine but the one I got last year could not invert as it runs into itself. I doubt they've updated it since.
Jan 12, 2010
197 posts
142 upvotes
Brossard
TU for sweet price! Looks like it even comes with a case from the pictures?
SEO & SEM Pro - World Traveller - Food Enthusiast - Deal Ninja
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a useful tool to make youtube videos? My kid asked for some kind of stick to help make videos. Would the smooth 4 from Costco be able to handle larger phones like the note 9?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried this with my iPhone max and it seemed to work without a case, but I didn't test it extensively. With a case it would not balance at all. In the end, I sold it to a friend who was using it with a smaller phone and will wait for a deal on one that can handle larger phones with ease
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)