• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2005 9:45 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 11, 2004
114 posts

Walt Disney Deals From Toronto???

We're planning another Disney trip in August and have always done a package out of Toronto that included onsite hotel, passes, flight and a rental car.

With the new $1500 US (without airfare) deals advertised I'm not sure what's better. We could fly from Toronto or Buffalo if it would save us a lot of $$$. Has anyone done their homework on Disney lately??? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated!!! :razz:
20 replies
Jul 22, 2004
516 posts
1 upvote
nance wrote:We're planning another Disney trip in August and have always done a package out of Toronto that included onsite hotel, passes, flight and a rental car.

With the new $1500 US (without airfare) deals advertised I'm not sure what's better. We could fly from Toronto or Buffalo if it would save us a lot of $$$. Has anyone done their homework on Disney lately??? :confused:

does the $1500 include meals
Nov 22, 2004
582 posts
8 upvotes
$1500 does NOT include meals.

You may be able to get a better price if you want to stay off the property, but keep in mind that if your single purpose is WDW, then staying on the property means you can use their exclusive airport shuttle n/c (a new benefit of staying on the property). NOte that that means you don't have a rental car - you need to decide if you really need one or not.

Fly out of buffalo - drive there and park if you can - save a bundle on airfare.

Have fun!
--

C3

(o"()
Jun 15, 2004
17 posts
Just booked a trip to Disney (for May) a couple of weeks ago.

Flying out of Buffalo, instead of Toronto. Was about $400 cheaper for 2 adults and 2 children. Could have got cheaper but didn't want to fly Southwest as I didn't hear good things about their cattle call boarding (no pre-assigned seats, first on plane gets choice of seats). Booked with US Airways (have to stay 7 nights instead of 6 as I wanted a direct flight and US Airways only has them on Saturdays) picked my seats when I booked the tickets.

Since I was not going during low season and wanted the Park Hopper and Magic Plus Package (first time there for all of us, didn't want to miss anything) it ended up costing just under $1,800 US.

I found the cheapest way was to book with Disney (Online) and then book the airline online on there site. Don't go through any of the online travel agents direct is cheaper.

I choose the Pop Century value resort as it is new and has been getting great reviews.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them.
Feb 20, 2005
126 posts
Newmarket
$1500 for how many days? And how many adults/children?

We drove to WDW weeks ago. It is about 2500km drive (one way).
Stay at their All-Star resort (cheapest) for a week.
It was fun. Went out around 7:25am to catch the first shuttle and got back to resort around 10:30pm (most of the night).

The good think about driving there are:
>Save thousand $ (we had 2 adults and 2 kids)
>We fully loaded our van with Disney stuff on the way back.
>No need to pay and get a rental there
>My wife feel more comfortable drive our own car around town compare to rental.

Like others suggested, you don't really need a rental car if you stay onsite. But there are lot of other stuff you want to get to. Check car rental rate in advance.

We took a trip to St.Augustine (4 hours drive from WDW). It was a very good experience. I probably will visited this place again.

;) :D :o :lol:
Apr 26, 2004
611 posts
I just came back from Disney for 7 days staying at Disney Resorts. The lowest rate without airfare is about $1300 for two, and I upgraded the hotel and total about $1500. I used aeroplan for tickets, so can't help you there.

But the best part of staying in Disney Resort is the new rule they started this year. They are opening the parks (1 night per week for each of the parks) 3 extra hours for resort residences. So beside the extra 1 hour in the morning before open, this adds a whole new dimension to it.

We never have to wait in line for rides, we go to our room to take a break during the day and come back to take the rides. We do stay in the day time for some of the live shows, but never lining up.

Disney buses are free and about 10 mins wait is the max to every direction. Resort staying allowed us to go in and out of all parks anytime.

Some other stuffs were great for me, like DisneyQuest for free, and the Night Club pass. But I don't know if those varies between different offers.

Book though CAA.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
188 upvotes
I strongly suggest you to get a car even if you live on site. The first time I lived inside I did not rent a car. These were the problems I had without a car:

1. I have to eat in Disney. That is damn expensive.
2. I have to buy 'supplies' in Disney.
3. Waiting for bus is painful especially when it is late at night, the kids are tired and a long line up for the bus. It can easily waste you 1+ hour per day just for waiting and riding the bus. Yes, I waited longer than 10 minutes. If yo u have just missed the bus, it could be half an hour in odd hours.

My last visit to Disney. Also, live inside but with a rental car.

1. I can eat outside. Danny's, Pondonosa, etc.
2. I can go to local Walmart to stock a case of bottle water, fruit, instant noodles, etc.
3. I don't need to spend time to wait for the bus.
4. I can visit another attraction such as Universal Studio.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
The last time I went to Disney was in 97.

299 CDN per person including ai and hotel and rental car!!! lol.

May go there again in the summer or next winter, looking for advice too.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2003
1717 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Check out www.mousesavers.com. In general, if the best deal you can find is directly through Disney, you haven't done your homework. ;) Depends on what you're looking for as well (ie. honeymoon? kids?).
Oct 3, 2004
51 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
Hi.

Disney has this meal plan. Did you buy it or are you planning to pay as you eat?

level01 wrote:Just booked a trip to Disney (for May) a couple of weeks ago.

Flying out of Buffalo, instead of Toronto. Was about $400 cheaper for 2 adults and 2 children. Could have got cheaper but didn't want to fly Southwest as I didn't hear good things about their cattle call boarding (no pre-assigned seats, first on plane gets choice of seats). Booked with US Airways (have to stay 7 nights instead of 6 as I wanted a direct flight and US Airways only has them on Saturdays) picked my seats when I booked the tickets.

Since I was not going during low season and wanted the Park Hopper and Magic Plus Package (first time there for all of us, didn't want to miss anything) it ended up costing just under $1,800 US.

I found the cheapest way was to book with Disney (Online) and then book the airline online on there site. Don't go through any of the online travel agents direct is cheaper.

I choose the Pop Century value resort as it is new and has been getting great reviews.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them.
Jun 15, 2004
17 posts
I am planning to buy as I eat. The meal plan seemed overpriced. From searching the internet and talking with people who have been there, I think there will be lots of ways to eat for much less then the meal plan. I'm sure there will be one or two nights that end with a pizza supper.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3847 posts
43 upvotes
nance wrote:We're planning another Disney trip in August and have always done a package out of Toronto that included onsite hotel, passes, flight and a rental car.

What time are you going in August....the rates drop just before school starts at Disney (also because of the approaching hurricane season).

Staying onsite...has it rewards again with early admission etc but you can also find deals at nearby hotels (eg Kid suites).

Tickets for the park can be purchased at CAA (4 day or 7 day park hoppers) so you save a bit there.

Book your special events before you go to ensure a good start time (character breakfast's) that can help getting into the park early as well.

As mentioned on here already check out the message boards for Disney info and deals (eg mousesavers).
Nov 8, 2004
390 posts
4 upvotes
US $1500 for 6 nights. 2 Adults & 2 kids. Disney 3 stars Resort, like All-Stars, Pop Century. Includes 7 days basic tickets in Walt Disney. valid for any time. Try to book it through travel agent. They can cut their commission in order to give you discount.
Waiting ....... and waiting.............
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1985 posts
57 upvotes
level01 wrote:I am planning to buy as I eat. The meal plan seemed overpriced. From searching the internet and talking with people who have been there, I think there will be lots of ways to eat for much less then the meal plan. I'm sure there will be one or two nights that end with a pizza supper.
The portions at Disney are huge! I ended up sharing a lot of counter service meals with my boyfriend. We also got Quick and Casual meal vouchers which worked out really well for some locations like Beaches and Cream (best hamburgers at Disney :D ) and the Tangerine Cafe. I think one of the cheapest on-site buffets is Trail's End at Fort Wilderness, $9.99 for lunch? I haven't eaten there so I have no idea what kind of food they serve.

If you're planning on doing any of the character meals, especially the Princess breakfasts... make sure you call ahead! Some of the meals start booking 90-days ahead of time and they go quickly! My favourites are Chef Mickey and the Crystal Palace.

I also recommend making a grocery stop to buy bottled water. Water inside the parks is about $2 and if you're going during the summer, you'll be going through a lot of it. Speaking from experience... you can refill at the water fountains or get more at the counter service locations but there is a certain "taste" to the water. I've had friends who bring down Brita water bottles and they say that will take the taste away but I haven't tried it myself.

If you're staying on site with a car and you plan to drive, the one park I would say you should take the Disney buses to is Magic Kingdom. At MK, the buses drop you off right at the park entrance. If you drive, you'll get dropped off at the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) and have to take either the ferry or monorail to the park. It's only a 10 minute ride/wait but I'd rather not have to wait :)

I've been to WDW 4 times in the last 2 years so if you have any questions feel free to PM me :)
Oct 3, 2004
51 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
bunnyfoo wrote: I've been to WDW 4 times in the last 2 years so if you have any questions feel free to PM me :)
Where did you stay? On site or off site?
When did you go (low, medium, of high season)? IF at different times, how did you find the crowd? weather? etc...