Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World] Canadian Residents Save 20% on 4+ Day Tickets (also save 25% on Disneyland tickets)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 10:29 am
Feb 13, 2011
652 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
Never been there, but thinking of taking my 2 yr old there the first week of Jan.
Is it 3 days a little bit too much? How's the line up?
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10266 posts
16298 upvotes
Scarborough
pswart wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 11:19 am
I'm thinking of taking my daughter to Disney Land to see some of the princesses since we'll be in the area.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting a deal on tickets for one day or any advice on the visit? Thanks.
Unfortunately there aren't really any savings on 1 or 2 day tickets. 3 days is where the savings really kick in, especially with the extra 25% off currently being offered. There's easily enough to do at Disneyland to spend 3 days there but if you don't have the time then you might just have to bite the bullet and pay the 1 day price if you really want to go.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2189 posts
232 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 11:45 am
Unfortunately there aren't really any savings on 1 or 2 day tickets. 3 days is where the savings really kick in, especially with the extra 25% off currently being offered. There's easily enough to do at Disneyland to spend 3 days there but if you don't have the time then you might just have to bite the bullet and pay the 1 day price if you really want to go.
It'd just be a day trip from where we are staying, so we'd only be there one day. Plus she's only 4 so wouldn't really do any rides, just go see the princesses. Thanks for letting me know!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23849 posts
1254 upvotes
Markham, ON
wait for Starwars land :)

if not, i would not wait last minute to buy tickets...you can fast pass select and restaurant reservation earlier (if one day trip...dont bother; it will be a little stressful getting the fastpass at the park)
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2009
1001 posts
144 upvotes
Parknrec wrote:
Sep 1st, 2018 5:56 pm
Book the tickets? I have the hotel booked already at the Disney Swan resort and I should get the 60 day fast passes. So I am planning on getting the tickets just before the 60 day mark which should be in February. So this deal should still be around February since it says expiry date is March?
Last I checked, Swan/Dolphin are not considered Disney properties. They're owned by spg...
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1377 posts
265 upvotes
Renous
cuto wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:40 pm
Woah is this loveorlandotickets.ca legit? I thought Disney sites say to never buy from 3rd party sites? I guess Expedia and other travel sites.

Edit: NVM, after doing FOREX, a 2 day pass is ~$586CAD direct through Disney vs $620 through loveorlandotickets.ca. Oh wellz.
Totally legit. Been using them for 4 years of travelling to Disney / Universal. It's usually a little bit cheaper than Undercovertourist, and it's already in CDN so no Forex fees
Reserved for future time travellers
Nov 22, 2012
45 posts
15 upvotes
Fredericton
pswart wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 11:55 am
It'd just be a day trip from where we are staying, so we'd only be there one day. Plus she's only 4 so wouldn't really do any rides, just go see the princesses. Thanks for letting me know!
Lots of 4 year old princesses doing the rides especially at Magic Kingdom
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2009
1001 posts
144 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 6:21 pm
This is true but they still get many of the Disney resort benefits including booking FastPass+ at 60 days out.

https://www.swandolphin.com/leisureinfo/benefits.html
Damn, I didn't know that. These used to be 10k/12k points a night with fifth night free. Totally would've done that instead of booking the first night at the lake buena vista best western to get the disney benefits and the rest at a marriott. Oh well....
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2183 posts
729 upvotes
London
cnbobby wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 11:40 am
Never been there, but thinking of taking my 2 yr old there the first week of Jan.
Is it 3 days a little bit too much? How's the line up?
The week of the 1-6 should be very busy due to Christmas break. The week following will be very quiet, prices drop into "value" season.

At 2, you're probably going to see more benefits than they are. The best park would be magic kingdom followed (likely) by animal kingdom, Hollywood then Epcot. You could spend a couple days there but the crappy part at 2 years is that they now need a ticket ($$).

What they might enjoy is riding around on the monorails, character meals (at resorts). Things that don't necessarily need a park ticket for. Lots of things to do outside the parks themselves.

You could also check out sea world or Legoland when you're in the area and wanting to venture off Disney property.
Aug 18, 2013
139 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Darn it!! Purchased 5 day pass a month ago through ticketsatwork for $365 per person USD. This was significantly cheaper than Disney or UC Tourist site at the time. This deal makes it almost $30 cheaper per person.

Oh well. I'm there within the next 30 days so this would have been too risky to wait as I wouldn't have been able to book the rides on FP+
Jul 4, 2017
53 posts
76 upvotes
brianious wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 7:16 am
Darn it!! Purchased 5 day pass a month ago through ticketsatwork for $365 per person USD. This was significantly cheaper than Disney or UC Tourist site at the time. This deal makes it almost $30 cheaper per person.

Oh well. I'm there within the next 30 days so this would have been too risky to wait as I wouldn't have been able to book the rides on FP+
Happened to me too... I saw a 4 day + 2 days free ticket and jumped at the opportunity. Lost ~60$ USD, but could have been worse.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10266 posts
16298 upvotes
Scarborough
tickyboy wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 6:32 am
The week of the 1-6 should be very busy due to Christmas break. The week following will be very quiet, prices drop into "value" season.

At 2, you're probably going to see more benefits than they are. The best park would be magic kingdom followed (likely) by animal kingdom, Hollywood then Epcot. You could spend a couple days there but the crappy part at 2 years is that they now need a ticket ($$).

What they might enjoy is riding around on the monorails, character meals (at resorts). Things that don't necessarily need a park ticket for. Lots of things to do outside the parks themselves.

You could also check out sea world or Legoland when you're in the area and wanting to venture off Disney property.
Great tips but I wanted to mention that children under 3 are free.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go. ... en-350799/
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8203 posts
839 upvotes
ken604 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 11:43 am
Thanks.
Need to compare with Costco SoCal pass if you're visiting San Diego too
https://www.costco.ca/2018-Southern-Cal ... 92507.html
I actually bought the socal pass from Costco in July in conjunction with the 5x aeroplan promo. Seemed like a really good value to me. At $400, it's actually $100 less than buying directly from citypass. We also plan on adding an extra day at legoland for $25.

5 parks for $400 CAD sounds great to me. My kids are late risers so we may not get to use the magic morning. We'll see.

Thing to note is that the socal citypass is a physical card and not just an e-ticket. It took a week or 2 to show up at my door.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1328 posts
128 upvotes
Hobbess wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 11:25 am
What's the best hotel options for Universal to get Express pass? Also do others agree that mid-week Oct express pass is likely not needed.
If you're already booked into a hotel I wouldn't spend the money to stay on-site just for the Express passes, especially with a mid-October visit. You should be fine as long as you avoid the Hallowe'en Horror Nights.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!