Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World] Canadian Residents Save 20% on 4+ Day Tickets (also save 25% on Disneyland tickets)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 10:29 am
Jul 23, 2006
2 posts
Does anyone know if I can pass this on to someone else say i bought the 8 day pass in advance but end up only able to go for 5 days? Does it have name on the tickets and if I need to show ID to go in each time? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3215 posts
1113 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
mashipoo wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 12:03 pm
Does anyone know if I can pass this on to someone else say i bought the 8 day pass in advance but end up only able to go for 5 days? Does it have name on the tickets and if I need to show ID to go in each time? Thanks.
At Disney World, they would need your fingerprints.
Jun 26, 2007
460 posts
62 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 11:01 am
I actually bought the socal pass from Costco in July in conjunction with the 5x aeroplan promo. Seemed like a really good value to me. At $400, it's actually $100 less than buying directly from citypass. We also plan on adding an extra day at legoland for $25.

5 parks for $400 CAD sounds great to me. My kids are late risers so we may not get to use the magic morning. We'll see.

Thing to note is that the socal citypass is a physical card and not just an e-ticket. It took a week or 2 to show up at my door.
In this situation it is better to buy socal pass, as it has three (3) days of park plus seaworld and legoland. If you buy 25% off for three days and seperate tickets for other two then it will be aroung 520? correct me if i am wrong?
Dec 12, 2003
149 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond
Wow, the May 23 2019 expiry for the tickets is a shocking change. I remember back in Dec 2016 we bought 5 tickets to use for Disneyland and we used it in our Aug 2017 family trip. I guess the Costo city pass would be the better deal from now on then.........
Sep 23, 2013
346 posts
266 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
guitar_pic wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 1:01 pm
Wow, the May 23 2019 expiry for the tickets is a shocking change. I remember back in Dec 2016 we bought 5 tickets to use for Disneyland and we used it in our Aug 2017 family trip. I guess the Costo city pass would be the better deal from now on then.........
I could be wrong, but this may be due to the opening of star wars land. Alot of people may hold off going until it opens and this is a way to boost numbers beforehand
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10266 posts
16300 upvotes
Scarborough
b0ne wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 12:19 pm

At Disney World, they would need your fingerprints.
And if your fingerprint fails for whatever reason they send a manager over to take your photo.
hartzfizzo wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 1:09 pm

I could be wrong, but this may be due to the opening of star wars land. Alot of people may hold off going until it opens and this is a way to boost numbers beforehand
Pretty sure they timed the expiry of these to coincide with the approximate opening dates of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at both resorts.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... axys-edge/
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3215 posts
1113 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 1:20 pm
And if your fingerprint fails for whatever reason they take send a manager over to take your photo.
..and the tickets expire 14 days after first use anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8203 posts
839 upvotes
armaan wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 12:47 pm
In this situation it is better to buy socal pass, as it has three (3) days of park plus seaworld and legoland. If you buy 25% off for three days and seperate tickets for other two then it will be aroung 520? correct me if i am wrong?
That sounds about right which is why I decided to buy the pass.

Interesting note, you can upgrade the socal pass to more days at Disney but the fee is based on the discounted value of the socal pass so it's a more than if you bought direct.

I looked up my work discount for Universal Hollywood and it's actually huge. 1day is $9x USD and a season pass is $10x USD with a few black out periods. Good to note for future. Unfortunately I can't share cause the rfd effect would destroy it.
Jul 23, 2006
2 posts
Haha I thought you were being sarcastic about the fingerprints. I guess you are serious lol. Thanks.
Feb 13, 2011
652 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
tickyboy wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 6:32 am
The week of the 1-6 should be very busy due to Christmas break. The week following will be very quiet, prices drop into "value" season.

At 2, you're probably going to see more benefits than they are. The best park would be magic kingdom followed (likely) by animal kingdom, Hollywood then Epcot. You could spend a couple days there but the crappy part at 2 years is that they now need a ticket ($$).

What they might enjoy is riding around on the monorails, character meals (at resorts). Things that don't necessarily need a park ticket for. Lots of things to do outside the parks themselves.

You could also check out sea world or Legoland when you're in the area and wanting to venture off Disney property.
sorry I meant Disney Land in LA
Called them and confirmed there's no blackout date there
I will be there between 29th - 5th, guess there no big difference which date that I go
Feb 16, 2018
183 posts
94 upvotes
For a Family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages 7+) how much should I be budgeting for a trip to Disney world for a week? From what I have been researching it looks like if I stay at the resort itself, I should be budgeting about 4-5k plus travel costs to get there? Does that sound about right? We are planning on driving there

Does the savings staying at a hotel or air B&B nearby make up for lost features Like getting into the park an hour early and staying extra hours when the park closes if you stay at one of the disney hotels on site?

Are we going to be facing extra lines staying off site compared to staying at one of the Disney hotels? Anything else to look out for if we choose to stay off site rather than at one of the Disney hotels?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2010 posts
1199 upvotes
St. Catharines
HghSsociety wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 7:01 am
For a Family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages 7+) how much should I be budgeting for a trip to Disney world for a week? From what I have been researching it looks like if I stay at the resort itself, I should be budgeting about 4-5k plus travel costs to get there? Does that sound about right? We are planning on driving there

Does the savings staying at a hotel or air B&B nearby make up for lost features Like getting into the park an hour early and staying extra hours when the park closes if you stay at one of the disney hotels on site?

Are we going to be facing extra lines staying off site compared to staying at one of the Disney hotels? Anything else to look out for if we choose to stay off site rather than at one of the Disney hotels?
Go to the DisneyWorld site, make yourself a profile, and play around with options. You can stay at the super cheap campsites at Fort Wilderness to the elaborate Contemporary resort with a Magic Kingdom view. But, most people land somewhere in the middle. Also, by playing around logged in and almost making a purchase, Disney will sometimes send you a discount code to give you that extra push to order.

The free transportation is another bonus of staying on site. Just hop on a bus (or monorail) and take it right to your hotel. Huge time saver and stress reliever at the end of the night to just let Disney get you home and hot have to deal with the parking lot transfer, or getting to a off site hotel shuttle.

Staying on site also gains you access to free Magicbands, and lets you book your FastPass+ picks at 60 days out, as opposed to 30.

Here's a good recap. https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disne ... e-on-site/
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1328 posts
128 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 7:20 am
The free transportation is another bonus of staying on site. Just hop on a bus (or monorail) and take it right to your hotel. Huge time saver and stress reliever at the end of the night to just let Disney get you home and hot have to deal with the parking lot transfer, or getting to a off site hotel shuttle.
One other benefit to the Disney transportation system is that you can take that all-important midday break from the parks and go back to your hotel for a quick nap/swim and head back out to the parks afterwards.

That break can really make the difference between an enjoyable day at Disney or a horrible forced march of fun.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23850 posts
1254 upvotes
Markham, ON
i read that the monorails will required a security check in 2019....not sure if true.

hopefully not true which will make the monorail ride longer.

the shuttle buses are wonderful...after a long day...someone to drive you back to the lodges are great.
Sep 23, 2005
422 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
Just like everything that keeps going up I spent $499 USD on a 10 day water park and more, park hopper, no expiry pass back when the dollar was par. Still have 6 park days left on them and 9 water park days too.

Tickets – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.
I purchased theme park tickets years ago and never used them. Are they still valid?

A.
Walt Disney World Resort continues to honor all unexpired theme park tickets with remaining admission days.

However, be aware that unless you purchased the No Expiration Option, theme park tickets purchased after 2004 expire 14 days after their first use. While the No Expiration Option is no longer available, if you have previously purchased theme park tickets with the No Expiration Option, your tickets will still be honored.

If you have additional questions about your specific theme park tickets, please check with Guest Relations at the theme parks or call (407) 939-1289. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.