Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World] Canadian Residents Save 20% on 4+ Day Tickets (also save 25% on Disneyland tickets)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 10:29 am
Aug 10, 2010
211 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
So I'm meeting my family from the UK in Florida in October. They've been shopping tickets just now, the UK priced deal for 7+ days seem to be better.

The UK tickets don't seem to have the residency requirement on them that Canadian ones do. You'd be charged in GBP£ rather than USD$ so FX charges either way. I have already bought 4 day passes using the CAD deal so can't test the process.

The only offers on the UK site I see are for 7, 14 and 21 days, but they are Ultimate tickets so include photos and are hoppers. When on the Disney ticket site, change your local to UK and you can check them out.

Quick math -
CAD Deal - 7 day plus hopper plus photos on this deal = US$632 or ~CAD$825 = CAD$117/day
UK Deal - 7 day Ultimate which is the same = GBP£365 or ~CAD$620 = CAD$88/day - the 14 day deal isn't much more total so is a really good deal if you've a longer trip

Edit - Adding to highlight this is 7+ days tickets only and it's YMMV as I've not gone through process
Aug 24, 2011
76 posts
32 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 11:02 am
i read that the monorails will required a security check in 2019....not sure if true.

hopefully not true which will make the monorail ride longer.
The security checks prior to boarding the monorails is already in place. However once done at monorail boarding it does not have to be repeated at park entrance. You bypass security and go straight to admission.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2183 posts
729 upvotes
London
Nigel wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 11:11 am
Just like everything that keeps going up I spent $499 USD on a 10 day water park and more, park hopper, no expiry pass back when the dollar was par. Still have 6 park days left on them and 9 water park days too.

Tickets – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.
I purchased theme park tickets years ago and never used them. Are they still valid?

A.
Walt Disney World Resort continues to honor all unexpired theme park tickets with remaining admission days.

However, be aware that unless you purchased the No Expiration Option, theme park tickets purchased after 2004 expire 14 days after their first use. While the No Expiration Option is no longer available, if you have previously purchased theme park tickets with the No Expiration Option, your tickets will still be honored.

If you have additional questions about your specific theme park tickets, please check with Guest Relations at the theme parks or call (407) 939-1289. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Were they purchased prior to 2004? If not, they expire 14 days after first use....
Aug 24, 2011
76 posts
32 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
Nigel wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 11:11 am
Just like everything that keeps going up I spent $499 USD on a 10 day water park and more, park hopper, no expiry pass back when the dollar was par. Still have 6 park days left on them and 9 water park days too.

Tickets – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.
I purchased theme park tickets years ago and never used them. Are they still valid?

A.
Walt Disney World Resort continues to honor all unexpired theme park tickets with remaining admission days.

However, be aware that unless you purchased the No Expiration Option, theme park tickets purchased after 2004 expire 14 days after their first use. While the No Expiration Option is no longer available, if you have previously purchased theme park tickets with the No Expiration Option, your tickets will still be honored.

If you have additional questions about your specific theme park tickets, please check with Guest Relations at the theme parks or call (407) 939-1289. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
tickyboy wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 7:46 pm
Were they purchased prior to 2004? If not, they expire 14 days after first use....
He said he bought the "No expiration option" so his tickets are still valid
Sep 25, 2014
34 posts
25 upvotes
Macdonald, MB
When you buy tickets online, do you just pick them up at the gate?
Dec 12, 2003
149 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond
Golfclubs67 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 9:04 pm
When you buy tickets online, do you just pick them up at the gate?
You can print them out once they email it to you.

Also remember to bring your passport for the fist day when they are validating your ticket. Last year we were asked that and thankfully we were staying at one of the hotels close by.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10266 posts
16300 upvotes
Scarborough
guitar_pic wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 12:49 pm
Also remember to bring your passport for the fist day when they are validating your ticket. Last year we were asked that and thankfully we were staying at one of the hotels close by.
You can also validate your tickets at guest services in Disney Springs. Usually less busy than at the parks.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
May 9, 2003
919 posts
121 upvotes
b0ne wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 12:19 pm
At Disney World, they would need your fingerprints.
FYI you can OPT OUT of giving your finger print to Disney. Instead you will go to a special line up at each park entry and show your ID.
Aug 10, 2010
211 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary
guitar_pic wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 12:49 pm
You can print them out once they email it to you.

Do you need passports or can you use drivers license? I'm a Canadian resident with a UK passport so the driving license will show the residency rather than the passport.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10266 posts
16300 upvotes
Scarborough
Hobbess wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 2:17 pm
Do you need passports or can you use drivers license? I'm a Canadian resident with a UK passport so the driving license will show the residency rather than the passport.
From the fine print:
Residents of Canada who are not Canadian citizens must bring a valid passport and proof of Canadian residency.
You'll need your UK passport and Canadian drivers license.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 23, 2005
422 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
tickyboy wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 7:46 pm
To be honest I don't even know why it mentions 2004 because you could buy no expiry tickets right up until at least Jan 2013

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201301/3322/

Here's another source that says Feb 2015

http://www.disneydining.com/news-update ... y-tickets/

EDIT: I think the way its worded means this, any tickets bought before 2004 automatically had the no expiry status built into the ticket. After 2004 the no expiry was an option and it cost extra. If memory serves me i think a 10 day park hopper water park and more ticket was $380 but if you added the no expiry option it took the ticket to $499 which I did and they were bought around 2010. It even says right on the plastic ticket by the bar code No expiration.
Jan 10, 2018
34 posts
32 upvotes
Can anyone comment from past experience if a license and/or picture of your passport is sufficient. Don’t want to have to walk with my passport at the parks.
Oct 5, 2003
118 posts
13 upvotes
Waterloo
veuve2990 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:10 am
Can anyone comment from past experience if a license and/or picture of your passport is sufficient. Don’t want to have to walk with my passport at the parks.
Was just there a month ago. Will not need a passport for entry, but will need it or a picture of it along with a second piece of photo id if you want to purchase any alcoholic drinks at any restaurants in the park.
License is sufficient for ticket pickup if you've purchased in advance and are picking up at the park.
Dec 5, 2010
35 posts
31 upvotes
toronto
Pulled the trigger this morning in case the price goes up for my travel dates on October 16th when Disney introduces their new pricing tiers for peak times. Realized I could book the tickets through PC travel and get 3% back in points from my world elite mastercard. I think I did much better on the conversion too since PC Travel charged me in Canadian dollars. Canadian dollar is at $0.77 this morning and they converted it at $0.70 plus the 3% in points - so $0.73 and no foreign transaction fee. Is this the best I could have done?