Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World] Canadian Residents Save 20% on 4+ Day Tickets (also save 25% on Disneyland tickets)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2018 9:21 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3544 posts
336 upvotes
Kick_me wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:38 am
Was just there a month ago. Will not need a passport for entry, but will need it or a picture of it along with a second piece of photo id if you want to purchase any alcoholic drinks at any restaurants in the park.
License is sufficient for ticket pickup if you've purchased in advance and are picking up at the park.
License is sufficient to pick up Canadian Resident discounted tickets? It was not this way in the past. You were required to show your passport at the ticket pick-up window. I remember having to show it last year and being on the bus with someone from Canada who had just been sent back because they only brought their driver's license.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9760 posts
14786 upvotes
Scarborough
jcon wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 11:55 am
License is sufficient to pick up Canadian Resident discounted tickets? It was not this way in the past. You were required to show your passport at the ticket pick-up window. I remember having to show it last year and being on the bus with someone from Canada who had just been sent back because they only brought their driver's license.
Looks like it might be good enough now? When I picked up my Canadian resident tickets early last year I remember passports being required.

The website just says "government-issued photo ID" right now.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jan 10, 2018
29 posts
24 upvotes
I bought disney gift cards at shoppers to get the percentage back in points. And avoid the FX fee
8738trevor wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 11:36 am
Pulled the trigger this morning in case the price goes up for my travel dates on October 16th when Disney introduces their new pricing tiers for peak times. Realized I could book the tickets through PC travel and get 3% back in points from my world elite mastercard. I think I did much better on the conversion too since PC Travel charged me in Canadian dollars. Canadian dollar is at $0.77 this morning and they converted it at $0.70 plus the 3% in points - so $0.73 and no foreign transaction fee. Is this the best I could have done?
Nov 7, 2015
65 posts
24 upvotes
8738trevor wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 11:36 am
Pulled the trigger this morning in case the price goes up for my travel dates on October 16th when Disney introduces their new pricing tiers for peak times. Realized I could book the tickets through PC travel and get 3% back in points from my world elite mastercard. I think I did much better on the conversion too since PC Travel charged me in Canadian dollars. Canadian dollar is at $0.77 this morning and they converted it at $0.70 plus the 3% in points - so $0.73 and no foreign transaction fee. Is this the best I could have done?
How did you avoid the conversion/foreign exchange fees? Is this specific to PC Financial and your credit card?
Aug 27, 2016
20 posts
8 upvotes
Kick_me wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:38 am
Was just there a month ago. Will not need a passport for entry, but will need it or a picture of it along with a second piece of photo id if you want to purchase any alcoholic drinks at any restaurants in the park.
I was there last month too. For the quick service places in Disney World I (Mid-twenties) was only asked for ID 3/7 purchases and two of those three accepted my Canadian driver's license. The third wanted a picture of my passport and I was denied as I didn't have one. So it is a good idea to have it but if you're doing the quick service or cart places they don't seem to care much.

At Universal I was asked for ID 1/3 times (Hog's Head checked) and they accepted my Canadian DL.
Dec 5, 2010
31 posts
30 upvotes
toronto
pureelite1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
How did you avoid the conversion/foreign exchange fees? Is this specific to PC Financial and your credit card?
Because PC travel did the conversion and charged me in Canadian dollars instead of the credit card company doing the conversion.
Jan 10, 2018
29 posts
24 upvotes
pureelite1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
No. Disney gift cards are available in a lot of places. Gives you rate of exchange of previous day. Use it to book tickets. Hotels. And while you’re there.
Jan 21, 2003
238 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
8738trevor wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 2:21 pm
Because PC travel did the conversion and charged me in Canadian dollars instead of the credit card company doing the conversion.
Did you have to call PC Travel to purchase these? Thanks!