Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:17 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
46 posts
180 upvotes

Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

Deal Link:
Savings:
20%
Retailer:
Walt Disney World & Disneyland
For those thinking of travelling to Walt Disney World (Florida) there are discounted tickets for Canadians. Disney did a similar promotion last year. Canadians save 20% off of tickets. Details from the WDW site are below. The one catch is the tickets expire on December 31st, 2018. Although I believe, and I am sure we will see confirmation soon, that even though the tickets expire, I think you still get a credit for the money you paid for the tickets if you want to buy tickets in the future.

From the WDW site:

Now’s the time to experience more magic for less—with special savings on 4-day or longer tickets and upgrades to Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus Options.

With this offer, Canadian residents can save 20% on 4-day or longer tickets when purchased in advance online or over the phone between November 1, 2017 and February 10, 2018. Tickets are valid November 1, 2017 through December 31, 2018.

-----------------------------------------------------------

For those travelling to Disneyland(California), there is a 25% off ticket prices for Canadians.

Details from the Disneyland website:

With this offer, Canadian residents can save 25% on 3-Day or longer tickets when purchased in advance online or over the phone between November 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018. Tickets are valid November 1, 2017 through December 31, 2018.
104 replies
Nov 30, 2012
215 posts
102 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP! Already booked to go later this month and were hoping for a ticket sale!
Feb 3, 2010
102 posts
22 upvotes
Charlottetown
We bought the tickets the last time the offer was available (25% off at the time)

Word of caution
Others have found that any attempt to add to your tickets that you get what you paid for them NOT what they are worth so your 20% would immediately be lost if trying to add days or hopper etc.
Jan 14, 2017
165 posts
40 upvotes
simplyton wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:41 am
We bought the tickets the last time the offer was available (25% off at the time)

Word of caution
Others have found that any attempt to add to your tickets that you get what you paid for them NOT what they are worth so your 20% would immediately be lost if trying to add days or hopper etc.
Same! It was a better deal last time around and those would never expire until we use it.
Aug 16, 2011
75 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville, ON
First time booking disney for my family, is it cheaper to book flight/hotel separately and then add the tickets using the 20% off?
Registered Real Estate Sales Representative
Apr 18, 2009
124 posts
18 upvotes
Hamilton
lonelybadger wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:18 am
First time booking disney for my family, is it cheaper to book flight/hotel separately and then add the tickets using the 20% off?
check westjet vacation deals from hamilton to orlando staying at clarion bueno vista, which is 20min from orlando airport, they have free shuttles to disney. we are westjet cardholders and got a flight for 2 roundtrip from hamilton to orlando for $349 all in. joined clarion hotels membership online and got $71 a night there.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
46 posts
180 upvotes
Agreed. It was a better discount last year, but I think Disney is trying to compensate for the lower Canadian $. Last year on Nov 1st, 2016 the Canadian $ was at $0.74697 US. Today it is at $0.77563. We are about 3-4% higher on exchange this year over last year (on this date). Of course the Canadian $ was much higher a couple of weeks ago, but has suffered recently since BoC news and the recent trade numbers.

So my guess is this is part of the reason the deal isn't as good as last year due to the stronger Canadian $.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1241 posts
99 upvotes
simplyton wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:41 am
Word of caution
With previous ticket discounts, you needed to use your ticket (passing through the gate) to lock it in and could then add days/hoppers as if it were a full priced ticket. As today is the first day, I don't imagine anyone has locked in a ticket and reported it.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Apr 22, 2014
761 posts
178 upvotes
, ON
lonelybadger wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:18 am
We went to Disneyland few months ago and didn't stay in the resort. I think you might get a deal of you stay in resort. The best thing for you to do is to ask travel agencies.

Seeing this deal now is aching me as I paid full price few months ago :(
Mar 26, 2017
77 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks,

Any deals on Universal Studios?

I know they have a new waterpark open.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2343 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmmm, I bought Disneyworld tickets during the last sale, banking on the no expiry as I don't intend on going any time soon. If the new sale tickets have an expiry date, any chance they'll retroactively set an expiry date for the tickets from the last sale? I'm wondering if there's something I can print out that will confirm it for me when we finally use them.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3436 posts
449 upvotes
Windsor
Gord18Stirr wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:40 pm
Thanks,

Any deals on Universal Studios?

I know they have a new waterpark open.
Recently went - they have a buy two days get two days free deal. I wouldn't however recommend Volcano Bay - it was too busy, even in off season. Better off using two days at Studios and two days at Islands of Adventure.
Feb 26, 2016
447 posts
73 upvotes
i wish my kids were older.. I would definitely take advantage. thanks op. hopefully there's this deal two years from now.