Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:17 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
49 posts
185 upvotes
ofdoom wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:01 pm
Disney World is also offering the free dining plan package if on certain dates if that works better for some.
Don't think there is "free" dining going on at Disney World right now. There is a package deal, Play, Dine, Stay, and Save. What it means is you pay rack rate for hotel, full price on tickets (Canadian ticket offer wouldn't be valid), and then you get something like 40% off the dining plan (discount varies depending on whether you are staying at a Value, Moderate, or Deluxe resort). Deal is available for stays January 1, 2018 to March 10, 2018.

The typical "free" dining package historically is released at the end of April and covers dates in the fall
Apr 9, 2015
17 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
simplyton wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:50 am
Currently holding off in the hope of Black Friday deal for Sea World and Busch Gardens
A quick google will show results of previous years Blue Friday promotions - A lot of "BOGO 50% off" which may work out for you depending on group make-up and plans.
Another option is discount codes on Ebay - we've used these before with success for SW, BG & Legoland but its obviously taking a chance

Universal is a tough one - You can maybe shave $10 of ticket price by shopping around but a good deal is hard to find.
We went down the route of staying onsite with front of line passes (which can be crazy $$$) and early entry included.
They do have a Canadian resident offer but dont such much savings over regular pricing plus you need to stay 5+ days
Did some googling, looks like Sea World has BOGO 50% Single day admission so exactly what we need, thank you!
As for Universal, I don't see much savings even with corporate discounts which are targeted for 2-day+ admissions anyway. Guess we'll have to buy it at regular prices
Mar 28, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Last year this time the discounted Canadian WDW tickets were USD $300 for 10 days, now it's USD $344 for 9 days. And the WDL tickets expire on January 2019 which gives you basically one year to use them.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8488 posts
12857 upvotes
Scarborough
kr8zyduke wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:30 am
Last year this time the discounted Canadian WDW tickets were USD $300 for 10 days, now it's USD $344 for 9 days. And the WDL tickets expire on January 2019 which gives you basically one year to use them.
It's a 20% discount this time (versus 25% before) but it's the best price for tickets at the moment and there may not be better between now and when these expire. If you know you're going between now and then it's not a bad idea to take advantage of this deal.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 30, 2015
109 posts
26 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm going down in January but was only planing on doing Disney two days...
Feb 26, 2016
449 posts
73 upvotes
mudd_stuffin wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:50 pm
Agree with Uglyguy.

More on point, and I am not sure how old your kids are, but since you say "kids", one must theoretically be at least 1. I was in probably a similar situation as you, and I was looking into bringing my son to WDW for his first bday. Wifey had her doubts but all in all, the trip was worth it. We went to WDW and stayed at the Swan (I think).

If you do the research about bringing a 1/2/3 year old to Disney, more parents would encourage taking a LO to Disney than not. At least one of the posters on another forum/website said the key on a trip like that is to see Disney through your kids' eyes, not yours... and I could not agree more. Just the look of my son observing all the lights/parades/characters was worth the trip alone.

You can also buy this now, and use this two years later.
My son is a bit over two so I think he's ready to go for the Disney experience and would have the time of his life. My daughter is just one month so I think she'll be a bit too young to go next year. we plan on taking them when they are 4 and 2. I'm always weary about buying things that far in advance although it would likely translate to savings.
Dec 29, 2006
31 posts
3 upvotes
simplyton wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:50 am
Currently holding off in the hope of Black Friday deal for Sea World and Busch Gardens
A quick google will show results of previous years Blue Friday promotions - A lot of "BOGO 50% off" which may work out for you depending on group make-up and plans.
Another option is discount codes on Ebay - we've used these before with success for SW, BG & Legoland but its obviously taking a chance

Universal is a tough one - You can maybe shave $10 of ticket price by shopping around but a good deal is hard to find.
We went down the route of staying onsite with front of line passes (which can be crazy $$$) and early entry included.
They do have a Canadian resident offer but dont such much savings over regular pricing plus you need to stay 5+ days
I am refunding my Disney tickets today and buy new ones with this deal. =)
And thank you for the information... I just signed up for the Sea World Blue Friday newsletter and will wait for the promo. ^^
May 6, 2010
373 posts
112 upvotes
Ottawa
otaknap wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:01 pm
My son is a bit over two so I think he's ready to go for the Disney experience and would have the time of his life. My daughter is just one month so I think she'll be a bit too young to go next year. we plan on taking them when they are 4 and 2. I'm always weary about buying things that far in advance although it would likely translate to savings.
Well these tickets have to be used by December 2018 according to the OP. So these tickets wouldn't do any good for you
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8488 posts
12857 upvotes
Scarborough
tim.ng07 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 1:42 pm
Well these tickets have to be used by December 2018 according to the OP. So these tickets wouldn't do any good for you
Would've had to have bought the Canadian ticket deal from earlier this year which had no expiry date. I'm hoping we keep seeing more special offers for Canadian residents in the future.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jan 21, 2007
99 posts
18 upvotes
cata2you wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:03 pm
for those looking for just 1 day @ Universal Studios in value season (includes spring 2018), you may get a 2-park for 110US (105US for 3-9yo) on CAA.
check the calendar for value periods http://universalticketcalendar.com/
Did you have a special link for those tickets? This is what I'm seeing
Images
  • IMG_0372.PNG
Nov 1, 2017
2 posts
Do you mind sharing the one day BOGO 50% link? I am looking for this too. Many thanks.
c229chen wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 8:53 am
Did some googling, looks like Sea World has BOGO 50% Single day admission so exactly what we need, thank you!
As for Universal, I don't see much savings even with corporate discounts which are targeted for 2-day+ admissions anyway. Guess we'll have to buy it at regular prices
Nov 1, 2017
2 posts
Do you mind sharing the Sea World has BOGO 50% link please? Thanks!
c229chen wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 8:53 am
Jan 14, 2017
165 posts
40 upvotes
kr8zyduke wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:30 am
Did ticket prices go up over the year???
Dec 29, 2006
31 posts
3 upvotes
Mavrik55 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:20 pm
Did you have a special link for those tickets? This is what I'm seeing
post mentioned CAA, so I guess you gotta be a CAA memeber and buy tickets through them in order to get the discount....