Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7606 posts
2952 upvotes
East York
anyone know if there's deals on the afterhours christmas party's at magic kingdom?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA ... /purchase/

i heard they open the doors at 4pm to midnight, and there's little to no lineup on all the rides, so it seems like a way better deal for adults than during the day, since you're not needing to wait in lines it's like a fastpass
patpond wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:05 pm
You cannot get gift cards by redeeming Shoppers points. You could try, you may find the one cashier at Shoppers that doesn't know the rules.
damn, thanks
Aug 31, 2006
138 posts
8 upvotes
Great deal, we took advantage of this last year twice and it was awesome. We are going again in Jan 2018 so this sale is perfect timing!

Travel tips for those who are going:
- we flew into the Palm Springs airport which there are directs from Calgary and it was amazing we rented a van and stopped at Target on the way to get supplies for the week. Returned the car right by Disneyland and it was painless. Way better than dealing with LAX traffic and general crappiness of that airport. (I hate LAX, they always lose our bags)
- we said off resort, Marriott courtyard theme park entrance super convenient right across the street. Great waterpark. Right next to McDonald's. we actually would regularly pick up brekkie in the AM. For magic morning it was a lifesaver with the kiddies!

We have young kids, four aged 7 and under so we prefer Disneyland as it is more compact and easier to walk.

Cheers!
Apr 16, 2009
507 posts
75 upvotes
cbrunett wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 8:44 am
Don't think there is "free" dining going on at Disney World right now. There is a package deal, Play, Dine, Stay, and Save. What it means is you pay rack rate for hotel, full price on tickets (Canadian ticket offer wouldn't be valid), and then you get something like 40% off the dining plan (discount varies depending on whether you are staying at a Value, Moderate, or Deluxe resort). Deal is available for stays January 1, 2018 to March 10, 2018.

The typical "free" dining package historically is released at the end of April and covers dates in the fall
Thanks for pointing that out I'm thinking I might be better off using the Canadian discount rather than going for the dining package promo which I now see says save up to $500 USD.
Jan 12, 2017
285 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
My 6yr loved Blizzard beach more than any parks.
It's only $15 addon when you buy hopper.(one water park only(.
Feb 21, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
For those planning to grab gift cards from shoppers to take advantage of the bonus points, do any of you by chance live in the GVA? Went to a few and haven't found any...
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
2997 posts
607 upvotes
Edmonton
patpond wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:12 pm
I've got an interesting problem. I bought the tickets last year with the 25% off deal - no expiry. We've already begun planning a trip in April 2018, and have a resort booked etc. When I log into Disney.com I see the resort, and it has my tickets linked with the trip.

Question : Anyone know if I can buy these tickets, link them to the trip in April and keep my non-expiring tickets for a future trip? I'm assuming yes, but how? Call WD?
We have the same question... I might call Disney and see how that works. We're going in Feb and also have tickets and hotel already all linked up on my account. We bought them last year with no expiry, so were debating about buying another set and using them first.
Dec 8, 2013
149 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
Where can you buy Disney gift cards besides the Disney Store? Anyone see them in grocery stores?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1880 posts
403 upvotes
Edmonton
booruce wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:20 am
Where can you buy Disney gift cards besides the Disney Store? Anyone see them in grocery stores?
shoppers. If you collect points buy pairs equaling $200 or more and do this 3 times on different transactions yields 8000x3 points..... Or about $30 value.... This week only. See Shoppers thread.
Feb 21, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
frankmp wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:48 pm
shoppers. If you collect points buy pairs equaling $200 or more and do this 3 times on different transactions yields 8000x3 points..... Or about $30 value.... This week only. See Shoppers thread.
Is it easy to find where you are? I've went to a few of the larger ones in the GVA and haven't found any.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8489 posts
12857 upvotes
Scarborough
biglazybug wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:24 pm
Is it easy to find where you are? I've went to a few of the larger ones in the GVA and haven't found any.
I've seem them at many Shoppers, Rexall and Canadian Tire locations here in the GTA.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1152 posts
166 upvotes
Renous
U4IA wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:41 pm
We have the same question... I might call Disney and see how that works. We're going in Feb and also have tickets and hotel already all linked up on my account. We bought them last year with no expiry, so were debating about buying another set and using them first.
First world problems eh? If you find the answer before me, please share. If I get off my lazy rear-end I'll give them a call.

It's a race! :P
Reserved for future time travellers
Dec 8, 2013
149 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
biglazybug wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:24 pm
In GVA as well. Let me know if you find any. Grocery store preferred, trying to get 5X points on the Amex Cobalt :)
Feb 21, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
booruce wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:33 pm
In GVA as well. Let me know if you find any. Grocery store preferred, trying to get 5X points on the Amex Cobalt :)
There was some at the Metrotown Superstore if you don't need the Optimum points.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1241 posts
99 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:16 pm
anyone know if there's deals on the afterhours christmas party's at magic kingdom?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA ... /purchase/

i heard they open the doors at 4pm to midnight, and there's little to no lineup on all the rides, so it seems like a way better deal for adults than during the day, since you're not needing to wait in lines it's like a fastpass
Depends on the day you want to go as they are hard-ticketed items and can sell out. Days bracketing the weekend (Thursday/Friday/Monday) are usually the most crowded. Regular admission guests are still in the parks until 7pm, so there won't be any let up in the crowds until then but after 7pm they'll start being ushered back to the gates and won't be able to scan their wristband at any more rides.

We've done both the Halloween and Christmas parties and found them fun but the Christmas party less fun than the Halloween mainly due to the ticket prices continually climbing year-over-year. I think tickets were $74 adult/$69 child when we went in 2015, which was a big jump from the Halloween tickets in 2013 at $62 adult/$57 child. Now the tickets are between $89-$109 adult/$84-$104 child depending on the date. I don't think I'll ever do another party though I don't hesitate to recommend doing it once (especially since it's not my money).

The early parties (but not the first) are a lot less crowded than the ones closer to the the end. The last week before Christmas will be long lines for anything even with the reduced number of people in the parks.

If you know anyone who is a Disney Vacation Club member, they can get you discounted tickets. Otherwise, Undercover Tourist is your best bet - I think you can save about $7 per ticket through UT.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Aug 1, 2008
55 posts
14 upvotes
I did the SDM GC from a local West GTA store (3476 Glen Erin) after phoned 4 other stores in the area and was told they don't carry Disney GC. Paid with CC and conversion rate on redemption was very good as well. No CC international transaction fee (2.5%) this way.
Combined all 100 GC in 2 (max 1000CAD for each GC). Can redeem max 2 GC over phone. They had to split the purchase though.