Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:17 am
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10055 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
So if I go with the 20% off I can’t get a meal plan...

How much is food gonna cost me.. assuming a quick lunch and a decent dinner
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
3966 posts
66 upvotes
Booked - Four Seasons + Direct Flights + Disney Tickets.

Christmas shopping done.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1154 posts
167 upvotes
Renous
shaolinmonk wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 3:43 pm

There's resources out there with a bit of googling - try 'How to dine at Disney affordably' or something like that. One thing I found out just by searching is that it's hard to get the value out of the dining package anyway. Sounds like the better deal for you would be 20% off.
Reserved for future time travellers
Apr 20, 2006
160 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
shaolinmonk wrote:

Quick lunch inside Disney around $15 per person. Decent dinner=table service around $40-50 per person. Price for restaurant in Disney Spring around the same.
Jan 29, 2007
573 posts
57 upvotes
lindmar wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:20 pm
Booked - Four Seasons + Direct Flights + Disney Tickets.

Christmas shopping done.
When are you visiting ?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1067 posts
2058 upvotes
Pawtucket
Dining plan for 2018 now includes an Alcoholic beverage.
Aug 16, 2011
77 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I broke it down for a few resorts, it really depends what resort you are looking to stay at and for how long. For me, i am choosing the current stay, play, dine package (for $500 off the resort) because I have already booked 5 character lunches/dinners that make the all inclusive dining package more attractive. The numbers are pretty close but based on the prices for some of the character dinners I would rather bite the bullet now, pay it all off using gift cards (with no foreign exchange fee, and a decent conversion rate) than have to worry about budgeting while I am staying.
Registered Real Estate Sales Representative
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
3966 posts
66 upvotes
sujat wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:33 pm
When are you visiting ?
First week of January. Great deal for the four seasons plus flights. Disney tickets at 20% off are great. Got the park hopper option too.
Mar 5, 2007
862 posts
433 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:

$70-80USD/per adult/per day. You'll have to adjust that per child. Also be aware that most buffets charge for 3+ year olds basically the same (or fully the same) as adults.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3445 posts
408 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:

Bring in your own food and save a ton
Feb 3, 2010
102 posts
22 upvotes
Charlottetown
shaolinmonk wrote:

You can still pay for the meal plan (assuming you have a Disney hotel stay booked)
Cost are all listed here for 2018 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/06/2 ... s-alcohol/

Dining Plan in its current guise and price divides a lot of opinion - Its really depends how you tackle the parks and dining reservations.
If you want a few dining experiences then the cost soon mounts up and the middle and upper tier dining plan might be for you
If however food is just squeezed in between all the fun stuff then the dining plan is likely not for you

I love this calculator tool which gives a good comparison between being on the plan or eating out of pocket
Start off by putting in the just standard counter service meals and see your base rate. Add in some sit down meals or character meals and watch the total skyrocket
https://www.distripplanner.com/

You cant combine the 20% CA Ticket discount with either Play Stay Dine or Free Dining promotion but you can combine 20% discount with discounted room rate and full price from dining plan to create your own "package"
We found that as a family of 4 (but 3 Disney Adults) that this worked out better for us that the other promos

We saved over $500 on tickets where our total saving was with Play Stay Dine was $510 from full price but with PSD there were a limited number of resort participating etc
On this trip we booked 7 nights at a discounted room rate which when combined with tickets were already $300 better off than the PSD promotion if paying full price for regular dining plan
Having done the regular dining plan 2 years ago we decided to scale back our dining reservations and snack more than sit down meals
For our family the regular dining plan was $1750US for our 7 nights stay
We are doing 2 character meals but still projecting much less than that total - if we added 2 or 3 more sit down meals it becomes a close call in terms of getting the most for our money.
Jan 1, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
simplyton wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:57 pm
You can still pay for the meal plan (assuming you have a Disney hotel stay booked)
Cost are all listed here for 2018 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/06/2 ... s-alcohol/

Dining Plan in its current guise and price divides a lot of opinion - Its really depends how you tackle the parks and dining reservations.
If you want a few dining experiences then the cost soon mounts up and the middle and upper tier dining plan might be for you
If however food is just squeezed in between all the fun stuff then the dining plan is likely not for you

I love this calculator tool which gives a good comparison between being on the plan or eating out of pocket
Start off by putting in the just standard counter service meals and see your base rate. Add in some sit down meals or character meals and watch the total skyrocket
https://www.distripplanner.com/

You cant combine the 20% CA Ticket discount with either Play Stay Dine or Free Dining promotion but you can combine 20% discount with discounted room rate and full price from dining plan to create your own "package"
We found that as a family of 4 (but 3 Disney Adults) that this worked out better for us that the other promos

We saved over $500 on tickets where our total saving was with Play Stay Dine was $510 from full price but with PSD there were a limited number of resort participating etc
On this trip we booked 7 nights at a discounted room rate which when combined with tickets were already $300 better off than the PSD promotion if paying full price for regular dining plan
Having done the regular dining plan 2 years ago we decided to scale back our dining reservations and snack more than sit down meals
For our family the regular dining plan was $1750US for our 7 nights stay
We are doing 2 character meals but still projecting much less than that total - if we added 2 or 3 more sit down meals it becomes a close call in terms of getting the most for our money.
Hi SimplyTon,

I tried to combine the 20% on tickets with hotel and Dining plan and I wasn't able.
Maybe I am not doing it the right way
I have to select a room , add tickets (at regular price), then I get the option to add the dining plan.
If I select the 20% off tickets, I didn't find a way to combine directly with a room to be able to add a dining plan.

Thank you for letting me know.
Feb 3, 2010
102 posts
22 upvotes
Charlottetown
Sorry you have to call in to add the dining.
Jul 26, 2007
925 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary
snootchiebootchies wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:03 am
For those who are visiting Disneyland and are also interested in visiting Legoland and Sea World, the Costco Southern California CityPASS easily gives the best value. I've worked it out and it's about a $300 to $350 savings, but only if you are going to both Legoland and Sea World anyway.
yep.

if you're *just* doing legoland and disneyland, it's better just to take advantage of the 20% off canadian offer + there is a buy 1 get 1 promo going on for legoland right now until the end of this year as well. so essentially it's 50% off.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
3966 posts
66 upvotes
I'm excited for our trip, but one thing about Disney is you can't go there expecting to save money. I was at a conference recently where they shared two interesting thoughts...

80% of families come to Disney with a solid "we're not spending more than this" budget and 80% go over that budget before lunch on the first day.
Disney knows how to extract more revenue per head on a daily basis than Vegas.

The 20% is a great deal, but don't go to Disney thinking you can save money! The stats are against us. The upsells are already relentless. The dinners are getting booked and we're finding so much is already completely booked for the first week of January.

Commit and then just give'er!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

c229chen