Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 3:42 pm
Dec 17, 2014
435 posts
62 upvotes
It seems as though they are having these deals more frequently.
Apr 12, 2017
81 posts
75 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
lindmar wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 7:17 am
I'm excited for our trip, but one thing about Disney is you can't go there expecting to save money. I was at a conference recently where they shared two interesting thoughts...

80% of families come to Disney with a solid "we're not spending more than this" budget and 80% go over that budget before lunch on the first day.
Disney knows how to extract more revenue per head on a daily basis than Vegas.

The 20% is a great deal, but don't go to Disney thinking you can save money! The stats are against us. The upsells are already relentless. The dinners are getting booked and we're finding so much is already completely booked for the first week of January.

Commit and then just give'er!
I must be in the 20% then (which I'd assume a lot of rfd'ers are). Went to Disneyland and Disney world on budgets and came home spending even less. Stayed at hotels with continental breakfast, took some of the breakfast along (which was even allowed by the hotel), ate that extra breakfast for lunch, and bought a $11 fast food supper to share with my wife and bought some kids meals for the kids. Wasn't hard at all if you already have a frugal mindset.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3034 posts
454 upvotes
shadarap wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 7:32 am
I must be in the 20% then (which I'd assume a lot of rfd'ers are). Went to Disneyland and Disney world on budgets and came home spending even less. Stayed at hotels with continental breakfast, took some of the breakfast along (which was even allowed by the hotel), ate that extra breakfast for lunch, and bought a $11 fast food supper to share with my wife and bought some kids meals for the kids. Wasn't hard at all if you already have a frugal mindset.
Yeah,...that’s definitely the vacationing minority’
Dec 19, 2002
84 posts
Clement wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 5:46 am
yep.

if you're *just* doing legoland and disneyland, it's better just to take advantage of the 20% off canadian offer + there is a buy 1 get 1 promo going on for legoland right now until the end of this year as well. so essentially it's 50% off.
Sorry to derail, but where did you see the BOGO Legoland deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2363 posts
396 upvotes
Vancouver
shadarap wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 7:32 am
Right there with you -- fortunately, my wife is actually cheaper than me!

That's basically how we do it, but maybe just brings snacks from the hotel (eg. bananas, dry cereal, muffins, etc.) rather than a lunch. There are cheap ways of eating, at least for Disneyland. I'd often go out to the Pizza Press (or some other restaurant) across the street and bring a couple of pies back. All the other families look at them in envy, haha. One Disney staffer saw me bringing them in and told me it's the unofficial hangout for cast members.
Feb 12, 2009
214 posts
13 upvotes
North York
What about 1 day? I am going with my wife and daughter Xmas day.
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do parks allow you to bring your own food inside ?
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Also we are going there for the first week of January. Is it very busy in the parks at that time of year ? What is the weather like ?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3462 posts
416 upvotes
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:24 pm
We did Florida a couple years ago and we brought our own food and water in everyday
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3458 posts
449 upvotes
Windsor
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:24 pm
Yes and would recommend it if you have kids, especially snacks otherwise you're going to burn through a LOT of cash in no time!
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shushwap wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:30 pm
We did Florida a couple years ago and we brought our own food and water in everyday
Ok thanks. I am wondering because Canada's Wonderland doesn't let you bring any food in the park. You have to leave it in your car and go out to eat it...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41547 posts
10222 upvotes
For Disneyland California, which are the most reasonable hotels (cost, proximity, cleanliness) outside of the amusement park?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3462 posts
416 upvotes
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:43 pm
Ok thanks. I am wondering because Canada's Wonderland doesn't let you bring any food in the park. You have to leave it in your car and go out to eat it...
We did Cali 4 years ago and we were not allowed to bring food into the park... Seems as though they changed the policy at both parks...
Bring in your own food and snacks if you are on a budget as eating in the parks is expensive
Jan 29, 2007
574 posts
57 upvotes
Looking at the disney resorts @disneyworld and even the cheapest ones are significantly more exp than surrounding hotels.

Any specific advantage if u stay at the resorts ?