Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets and 25% off Disneyland Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 3:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2076 posts
589 upvotes
London
simce9 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:09 am
What about 1 day? I am going with my wife and daughter Xmas day.
Unfortunately no deals on single days tickets.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2076 posts
589 upvotes
London
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:25 pm
Also we are going there for the first week of January. Is it very busy in the parks at that time of year ? What is the weather like ?
Weather is usually spring jacket or if you're lucky you might be able to pull out the shorts. Hit or miss, basically. Parks will be very quiet though, so that should be a great time to go!
sujat wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:16 pm
Looking at the disney resorts @disneyworld and even the cheapest ones are significantly more exp than surrounding hotels.

Any specific advantage if u stay at the resorts ?
Extra magic hours will let you in specific parks before/after general public. Transportation is usually very good and can get you all over the place in WDW, as well as to-and-from MCO airport.
Aug 31, 2006
140 posts
8 upvotes
We like to stay at the courtyard Anaheim theme park entrance.

It's very very close to the park and next to am McDonalds. We would pick up breakfast on the way to the park and eat in line.

We are a family of six and they have rooms with bunk beds which work out great for our family. They also have a great waterpark for the kids. Definitely not the cheapest but I think good value.

One time we stayed at the residence inn as it had free breakfast but it was a bit further away and we found that it made huge difference after you were on your feet all day.
Feb 17, 2009
137 posts
39 upvotes
shushwap wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:51 pm
We did Cali 4 years ago and we were not allowed to bring food into the park... Seems as though they changed the policy at both parks...
Bring in your own food and snacks if you are on a budget as eating in the parks is expensive
Disneyland will let you bring in your own food if you're reasonable about it. No problem packing home-made sandwiches and water in your backpack. They will however not let you bring in a cooler filled with food and drinks, nor will they let you bring in take-out bags from a nearby restaurant/fast food joint.

Niklasky wrote:
Also we are going there for the first week of January. Is it very busy in the parks at that time of year ? What is the weather like ?
Disneyland is always busy. There are off-peak days but don't kid yourself -- it's still pretty darn busy. Still, going in mid to late-January on a weekday is probably the best bet for avoiding the crowds (although it will still be crowded). And if you're Canadian, you're going to find it balmy in January. We took the kids to Disneyland in late January once and it was 17 C to 22 C every day. Even when there was some rain, it was still pretty warm. We did encounter some pansy Americans wearing parkas though.

Bishop8 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:44 am
Right there with you -- fortunately, my wife is actually cheaper than me!

That's basically how we do it, but maybe just brings snacks from the hotel (eg. bananas, dry cereal, muffins, etc.) rather than a lunch. There are cheap ways of eating, at least for Disneyland. I'd often go out to the Pizza Press (or some other restaurant) across the street and bring a couple of pies back. All the other families look at them in envy, haha. One Disney staffer saw me bringing them in and told me it's the unofficial hangout for cast members.
If you have a car, Little Saigon is not too far from Disneyland and you can get a variety of great Vietnamese/Chinese meals for the entire family for inexpensive prices. We had some take out dim sum (hot and ready to eat) at a Vietnamese supermarket and it was really delicious. Fed a family of four for under $20.
Feb 17, 2009
137 posts
39 upvotes
sine wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:28 am
Sorry to derail, but where did you see the BOGO Legoland deal?
It's too late but for future reference, Legoland has great deals on their hotel rooms and admission tickets during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. Our kids love staying at the Legoland hotel (and being completely immersed in the Lego bubble) so we always book our room during this sale every year. This year, the sale offered hotel rooms at 30% off, BOGO tickets, and hotel/ticket combination packages. Unlike previous years, rooms with balconies were not included in the sale.
Aug 31, 2006
140 posts
8 upvotes
snootchiebootchies wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:08 am
Disneyland will let you bring in your own food if you're reasonable about it. No problem packing home-made sandwiches and water in your backpack. They will however not let you bring in a cooler filled with food and drinks, nor will they let you bring in take-out bags from a nearby restaurant/fast food joint.

Disneyland is always busy. There are off-peak days but don't kid yourself -- it's still pretty darn busy. Still, going in mid to late-January on a weekday is probably the best bet for avoiding the crowds (although it will still be crowded). And if you're Canadian, you're going to find it balmy in January. We took the kids to Disneyland in late January once and it was 17 C to 22 C every day. Even when there was some rain, it was still pretty warm. We did encounter some pansy Americans wearing parkas though.

If you have a car, Little Saigon is not too far from Disneyland and you can get a variety of great Vietnamese/Chinese meals for the entire family for inexpensive prices. We had some take out dim sum (hot and ready to eat) at a Vietnamese supermarket and it was really delicious. Fed a family of four for under $20.
We've brought in a small lunch size cooler under our stroller with about 6 bottles of water and brought in Mcdonalds bags with no questions.

We are going second week of January this year. We've heard it's much slower at this time of year.
Mar 3, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
thanks, but look like it is AAA web site, does the price apply to Canadian as well?
Nov 5, 2009
91 posts
12 upvotes
Niklasky wrote:
We went last January, early enough to still get the Christmas decorations at Disney. The park was still very busy. You have to watch out for when the blackout dates for the local annual pass holders are lifted, because we found that to be the main driver of the busy-ness. Locals also want to get in while the Christmas decor is still up.

It was quite wet when we went last year. We lucked out on our Disney days as 2 of the 3 were dry. I recall it was about 12-13* lows, and just under 20* in the afternoon if the sun was out.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3461 posts
416 upvotes
I was just getting ready to purchase my tickets for DW when I had a look on expedia and it looks as though they are offering tickets for 23% off
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1240 posts
225 upvotes
shushwap wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:53 am
I was just getting ready to purchase my tickets for DW when I had a look on expedia and it looks as though they are offering tickets for 23% off
Do you know if Expedia.ca will email you the tickets right away as I assume Disney would? Just trying to figure out if there are any disadvantages with buying from Expedia.ca.
Jan 19, 2010
18 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
frankmp wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:25 pm
Here's a question on this deal. We are looking at getting multiple 5 day passes....... amounting to nearly $1K USD (~$1300CND) . On another thread Shoppers this week has their promo on GC's where buying $200CND worth of a card yields 8000pts ( yes we are shoppers point collectors). Happened to see there are DISNEY loadable gc's at Shoppers from $50-500. Just curious, has anyone had any experience using Disney GC's on online purchases? (rumour has it you can go to Disney's GC website and combine GC's as apparently there is only 1(one) GC allowed per online pass purchase transcations? Adds up to lots of SHoppers points if feasible.............? Thanks
Let me know if you have tried this and if you were successful in using the GCs to buy the DC passes. thanks!
Dec 11, 2013
115 posts
35 upvotes
Victoria
minimalist wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:33 pm
Do you know if Expedia.ca will email you the tickets right away as I assume Disney would? Just trying to figure out if there are any disadvantages with buying from Expedia.ca.

Print your Voucher
-Upon arrival at the redemption location, please present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for your activity
-If you are staying at an on-site hotel (Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa or Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel), you can present your voucher and photo identification at the front desk upon check-in
-If you are staying at any other hotel, present your voucher and photo identification at any main entrance ticket window of the Disneyland® Resort

Just bought my tickets from Expedia. Hopefully it qualifies for 8% on resort tickets but if only 1%, I'm still happy with the price.
Jan 19, 2010
18 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
bob5593 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:14 pm
Print your Voucher
-Upon arrival at the redemption location, please present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID in exchange for your activity
-If you are staying at an on-site hotel (Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa or Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel), you can present your voucher and photo identification at the front desk upon check-in
-If you are staying at any other hotel, present your voucher and photo identification at any main entrance ticket window of the Disneyland® Resort

Just bought my tickets from Expedia. Hopefully it qualifies for 8% on resort tickets but if only 1%, I'm still happy with the price.
From the reviews on the expedia site, people are suggesting that you do the actual ticket pickup, possibly on the first day when you aren't entering the park, because the process could be quite long to do the ticket pickup.

-"I wouls recommend people exchange their vouchers the day or night prior to when they want to use them at the park as the process is lengthy. The lady had to get help to do ours, but got it sorted out."

https://www.expedia.ca/things-to-do/dis ... 2017-12-31
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1899 posts
417 upvotes
Edmonton
tenshi04 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:58 pm
Let me know if you have tried this and if you were successful in using the GCs to buy the DC passes. thanks!
yes, but can only use one gc to purchase tickets so if you have multiple gc's call in or go to their gc website and combine into one. Then use it to purchase passes.....
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3461 posts
416 upvotes
Can you link your tickets to my disney once you get the voucher from Expedia... as I want to book my fast passes 30 days out