Expired Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets & 25% off Disneyland Tickets *Ending Soon & WDW Price Increase Soon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 3:56 pm
Sep 9, 2015
248 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
minimalist wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 5:29 pm
Did Perkopolis give you actual Disney tickets or vouchers?

The difference is that you can go right up to the turnstile with the tickets but the vouchers require lining up with those who are buying tickets. This line can be long...
So what I can tell you is they gave us a letter with a bar code for people lining up at the turnstiles to get in. The ushers scan the letter and gave me a ticket the size of a credit card. We wrote our names and they took out pictures on the spot and we were inside in less than 5 minutes. Didn't need to line up to buy and we got skip it.

I'm not sure what the vouchers look like but from how you describe it it sounds like I got tickets.

Planning to go again in April for Disney world next time.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1680 posts
350 upvotes
rainyeyes wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 11:23 am
So what I can tell you is they gave us a letter with a bar code for people lining up at the turnstiles to get in. The ushers scan the letter and gave me a ticket the size of a credit card. We wrote our names and they took out pictures on the spot and we were inside in less than 5 minutes. Didn't need to line up to buy and we got skip it.

I'm not sure what the vouchers look like but from how you describe it it sounds like I got tickets.

Planning to go again in April for Disney world next time.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got the actual tickets and not the vouchers if you were able to go straight to the turnstiles. That makes Perkopolis a very good deal!
Alterna Savings Visa Infinite
2% cold hard cash on everything, no caps, VISA acceptance
48 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1680 posts
350 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 12:35 pm
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got the actual tickets and not the vouchers if you were able to go straight to the turnstiles. That makes Perkopolis a very good deal!
@rainyeyes I just got off the phone with Perkopolis. They said that they are selling vouchers. From my experience this could delay you up to 45 min from entering the park. Not sure if the rep was wrong or what but it sounds like you got actual tickets. Confused...
Discuss here
Sep 9, 2015
248 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
minimalist wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 3:03 pm
@rainyeyes I just got off the phone with Perkopolis. They said that they are selling vouchers. From my experience this could delay you up to 45 min from entering the park. Not sure if the rep was wrong or what but it sounds like you got actual tickets. Confused...
If it helps clear things up for you, here is a pic of what we receive at the gate: Image
Edit: found a pic of the tickets!

The second pic is what perkopolis gave us, the top pic is what we receive at the gate after scanning.
Last edited by rainyeyes on Dec 27th, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1680 posts
350 upvotes
rainyeyes wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 8:07 pm
If it helps clear things up for you, here is a pic of what we receive at the gate: Image

So that is NOT what perkopolis is selling. That above is the actual ticket. We got two, and the barcode and name that we write on the back is hidden for obvious reasons.

So if that's the ticket then what perkopolis is saying is correct; they are the vouchers but to redeem them i didn't have to line up anywhere other than the actual park entrance where people scan the above ticket(s) to get in.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for posting the pic. That helps. OK, I think I was given wrong info. over the phone from Perkopolis. I was told that it was a voucher that I would have to redeem not in the regular line but in a special line that includes those who dont already have tickets. I ve had those kind before and they were inconvenient.

So, I*ve decided to go ahead and buy the Perkopolis tiks. Odds are they will be actual tickets and I:ll be able to go right to the turnstiles and exchange them in the regular line and have my pic taken.

Thanks again and I:ll update when I get the email tickets.
Discuss here
Sep 9, 2015
248 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
minimalist wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 8:28 pm
Thanks for posting the pic. That helps. OK, I think I was given wrong info. over the phone from Perkopolis. I was told that it was a voucher that I would have to redeem not in the regular line but in a special line that includes those who dont already have tickets. I ve had those kind before and they were inconvenient.

So, I*ve decided to go ahead and buy the Perkopolis tiks. Odds are they will be actual tickets and I:ll be able to go right to the turnstiles and exchange them in the regular line and have my pic taken.

Thanks again and I:ll update when I get the email tickets.
Sorry i updated my previous post. I found the picture of the tickets i got from perkopolis, see the second pic.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1680 posts
350 upvotes
rainyeyes wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 8:30 pm
Sorry i updated my previous post. I found the picture of the tickets i got from perkopolis, see the second pic.
You are awesome!

Yeah that:s definitely an official Disney e-ticket.

Totally different from the *voucher* that I got from Air Canada Vacations last year for Disneyworld. That was on an Air Canada type letterhead vs the official Disney letterhead.

Very cool that Perkopolis actually sends you official Disney tickets instead of vouchers.
Discuss here
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9031 posts
798 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 8:40 pm
You are awesome!

Yeah that:s definitely an official Disney e-ticket.

Totally different from the *voucher* that I got from Air Canada Vacations last year for Disneyworld. That was on an Air Canada type letterhead vs the official Disney letterhead.

Very cool that Perkopolis actually sends you official Disney tickets instead of vouchers.
Is there an expiry on the perkopolis tickets? What kind of discount do you get on them?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2112 posts
630 upvotes
London
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 8:30 am

I just did what you instructed. My tickets do not have a listed expiry date anywhere on the page (I am using Firefox on my desktop).
Sorry (my bad), the expiry only shows on the disney app.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4223 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
tickyboy wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 9:47 pm
Sorry (my bad), the expiry only shows on the disney app.
I guess it doesn't really matter, there's no way I'll use these after 2030. I'm trying hard not to use these before 2020...lol.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1680 posts
350 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 8:52 pm
Is there an expiry on the perkopolis tickets? What kind of discount do you get on them?
No sure about the expiry. With current exchange rates you only save a few dollars per ticket with Perkopolis. Savings were greater when USD was in the 1.3X range as Perkopolis is priced in CAD while Disney must be paid in USD. If you don't have a no FX fee credit card you can save an additional 2.5% with Perkopolis as Disney's prices are in USD. Or you can buy Disney GCs at stores like RCSS and use them on Disney's site to purchase. This saves the FX fee as the Disney GCs have no FX fee.
Discuss here
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
1977 posts
599 upvotes
Burnaby
Thought id just throw this reminder out:

You wil be subject to search before you enter the park.

You can enter faster if you don't have bags/ backpack. Less searching needed and a seperate line.

You can book photos with the characters at scenic locations for an extra charge and the app will remind you of your schedule.
Selfie sticks are BANNED. They make you throw them away at the gate so don't bring them.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1680 posts
350 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 9:32 pm
No sure about the expiry. With current exchange rates you only save a few dollars per ticket with Perkopolis. Savings were greater when USD was in the 1.3X range as Perkopolis is priced in CAD while Disney must be paid in USD. If you don't have a no FX fee credit card you can save an additional 2.5% with Perkopolis as Disney's prices are in USD. Or you can buy Disney GCs at stores like RCSS and use them on Disney's site to purchase. This saves the FX fee as the Disney GCs have no FX fee.
Just wanted to provide an update on the Perkopolis tickets. I ordered mine and the actual Disneyland e-tickets (not vouchers) arrived within 24 hours. These are the actual official Disney e-tickets that have an image of Mickey Mouse along with 2 bar codes on them. The benefit of these e-tickets vs the "vouchers" that Expedia.ca and Air Canada Vacations (and others) sell is that you can take these e-tickets straight to the turnstiles to convert to your multi-day pass card. With the vouchers you have to line up in the same line as people buying tickets to convert them. Been there, done that, no thanks. Just read someone complain online that they had to wait over 90 minutes with such vouchers at Disneyland last month. Caveat Emptor!

BTW, with the Canadian Dollar in the 1.25xx range I only ended up saving a few dollars but was able to pay in CAD.
Discuss here
Dec 21, 2016
5 posts
11 upvotes
Planning to visit Disney World Apr (1-7), please advice best way to get tickets from Disney world website or Expedia. Any suggestions on purchasing Memory Maker

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)