Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walt Disney World & Disneyland

Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets & 25% off Disneyland Tickets *Ending Soon & WDW Price Increase Soon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 3:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
HH5 wrote: Try looking at air bnb's. We found some really good deals.
yep. don't bother with hotels. you can find some great deals around the Anaheim and surrounding cities if you're willing to drive 15-20 minutes or so to the park. I found an airbnb to share with my friend for $850 all in for 9 days. about 50/night per person. can't do much better than that.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Clement wrote: yep. don't bother with hotels. you can find some great deals around the Anaheim and surrounding cities if you're willing to drive 15-20 minutes or so to the park. I found an airbnb to share with my friend for $850 all in for 9 days. about 50/night per person. can't do much better than that.
For disneyland, best western is close by. I used some points for a few free nights. (Signed up for the cc when there was bonus points)
Best Western Plus Pavilions has free breakfast at the Dennys next door and was a 10~ minute walk to downtown disney/monorail into the park.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
HH5 wrote: Try looking at air bnb's. We found some really good deals.
But you'd have to factor in parking each day, right? How much is parking?
Board games!!!!
Jul 5, 2003
792 posts
127 upvotes
Mississauga
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: $1500 US per night? How much must you make in order to afford a room like that for a week?
Oops, I meant, per week.
Dec 26, 2004
292 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
Where can we buy Disney gift cards in Canada?
Apr 7, 2005
170 posts
42 upvotes
nightwing1221 wrote: ive seen them at walmart, shoppers and sobeys
can you use the disney gift-cards for everything at the parks? Is the exchange rate better?
Feb 12, 2017
19 posts
34 upvotes
if you buy a CDN gift card, the amount on it will vary when you check in the parks based on the previous days exchange rate. meaning if you load $50 CDN on it, one day you might have $40 usd value, the next 35, then 45, it will change daily based on the exchange rate. you do save the 2.5% foreign transaction fee on most credit cards, and the rate is the actual exchange rate, not visa's rate or whatever (thats usually a bit higher). You can use the cards for everything at disney, tickets, rooms, food, souvenirs etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
We are not planning a trip to Disneyland (California) in Feb./2019; do you think I should buy ticket now (25% discount) and ask for renewal at year-end if I don't use them?

TIA
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
uglyguy wrote: We are not planning a trip to Disneyland (California) in Feb./2019; do you think I should buy ticket now (25% discount) and ask for renewal at year-end if I don't use them?

TIA
I think the discount expires with this promo if you don't use the ticket by Dec. 2018. After that time, you would still have the value you paid for the tickets, but you would probably have to re-buy (is that a thing) with the dollar amount.. I'm assuming
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
HH5 wrote: can you use the disney gift-cards for everything at the parks? Is the exchange rate better?
I just returned from Orlando the other day... The cards have nothing to do with the exchange rate being worse or better as you pay whatever that days exchange rate is.... The Real savings is you are not paying the %8 bank fees our $50 Canadian DIsney Gift card gave us $40.15 us.... Much better then any bank rate I have ever seen....
The money we exchanged before we left was at %28 percent and the disney cards were around 20... I know some people may say 8% isnt much... On a thousand dollars its $80 bucks
Jul 4, 2008
101 posts
72 upvotes
Psykopathik wrote: You can book photos with the characters at scenic locations for an extra charge and the app will remind you of your schedule.
Selfie sticks are BANNED. They make you throw them away at the gate so don't bring them.
How do you do this? Link?
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
My wife booked 5 nights for end of Feb. $3800usd for family of 4 which includes 5 night Disney hotel, 4 day park pass, medium Disney dining plan and memory maker photo package thru a travel agent. To pay for it She bought 5k worth of Disney gift cards at the Disney store at STC. Most places limit gc purchases but Disney store did it no questions asked.

While we're down there After Disney we are doing a week on the Royal carribian cruise (thanks to rfd on that one too) going to need the vacation after Disney!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
discoblues wrote: My wife booked 5 nights for end of Feb. $3800usd for family of 4 which includes 5 night Disney hotel, 4 day park pass, medium Disney dining plan and memory maker photo package thru a travel agent. To pay for it She bought 5k worth of Disney gift cards at the Disney store at STC. Most places limit gc purchases but Disney store did it no questions asked.

While we're down there After Disney we are doing a week on the Royal carribian cruise (thanks to rfd on that one too) going to need the vacation after Disney!
That's genius. I'm going to do the same to pay for this. THANKS!
Dec 26, 2004
292 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
nightwing1221 wrote: ive seen them at walmart, shoppers and sobeys
I'll have to do a bit of searching as I haven't seen any in Mississauga.
Aug 1, 2008
136 posts
73 upvotes
oratihsus wrote: I'll have to do a bit of searching as I haven't seen any in Mississauga.
not all stores carry them. I had to call couple Shoppers stores around me to find one that does.
Feb 12, 2017
20 posts
10 upvotes
rfdnutz wrote: When we go on trips to the US - occasionally we just buy a cheap car seat at Walmart/Target/Costco and Just leave it in the car when we leave. Usually works out cheaper or even the same price as renting ... but the rental car seats are disgusting and sometimes so bad, I’m not even sure they are safe.
We're planning on going in a few weeks for the first time ourselves. We're renting a 4-bedroom house at a nearby golf course and a minivan. I was also worried about car seats but it turns out that airlines let you bring car seats at no extra charge. You bring your own and they put it in the luggage, free of charge.

EDIT to ask a question: We were originally planning on hitting Universal for the Harry Potter stuff for one day during the week. Apparently though, even the CAA prices have gone up to $179 with 2 parks and the Hogwarts train! If I had bought it a few weeks ago, it would've been ~$110 US! Is the deal really gone or am I missing something?

Also, I ordered a Home Trust visa specifcially to avoid the foreign fees. However, after reading this thread a bit, it seems Disney GCs are a better idea? Is that true over the visa?
Aug 1, 2008
136 posts
73 upvotes
dreadknot6969 wrote: We're planning on going in a few weeks for the first time ourselves. We're renting a 4-bedroom house at a nearby golf course and a minivan. I was also worried about car seats but it turns out that airlines let you bring car seats at no extra charge. You bring your own and they put it in the luggage, free of charge.

EDIT to ask a question: We were originally planning on hitting Universal for the Harry Potter stuff for one day during the week. Apparently though, even the CAA prices have gone up to $179 with 2 parks and the Hogwarts train! If I had bought it a few weeks ago, it would've been ~$110 US! Is the deal really gone or am I missing something?

Also, I ordered a Home Trust visa specifcially to avoid the foreign fees. However, after reading this thread a bit, it seems Disney GCs are a better idea? Is that true over the visa?
If you want to ride the train you'll need the Park-to-Park option ($165 for Value Season, $179 anytime). A 1-day 2-Park Base ticket in Value season (no train ride) is still $110.
https://purchase.universalorlando.com/w ... AAAtickets
Check the calendar here: https://site.universalorlando.com/pdf/s ... lendar.pdf

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)