Expired Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets & 25% off Disneyland Tickets *Ending Soon & WDW Price Increase Soon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 3:56 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1671 posts
1423 upvotes
Langley, BC
sixer wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 8:28 am
Anyone know the cheapest way to get only a 1 day pass?

I hate how they only offer this for a 4 day pass and can only find regular price for 1 day.
They don't want people only going for 1 day :P

It's like how Costco doesn't have an express checkout lane.
May 5, 2006
490 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone else see a date other than 12/31/18 expiry when they load their pass into the Disney Experience app?
Mar 13, 2012
420 posts
236 upvotes
Surrey
Any other low budget attractions worth to visit besides Hollywood and beach area in LA?
Jun 7, 2013
133 posts
72 upvotes
Mascouche
jaksdj22 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:20 am
Any other low budget attractions worth to visit besides Hollywood and beach area in LA?
If you have a car and some time, Joshua Tree National Park is awesommme (about 90 mins from LA).
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9782 posts
14837 upvotes
Scarborough
markol wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 1:41 pm
Weird... I just bought the tickets and loaded them up in the Disney app and they say "Valid Through: 12/31/30" for some reason. Thought they had to be used by 12/31/18?
The original 25% off no-expiry Canadian discount tickets from last year display the 2030 expiry date in the app. It must be a bug in the app. I wouldn't risk not using them this year.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1396 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
game_fanatic wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 7:45 am
The advantage of using gift cards is avoiding the foreign currency transaction fee charged by most CC company's when making a US purchase (usually 2.5%). The conversion is based on the prior day's exchange rate so you save a bit that way. You can also collect cash back on the gift cards themselves; my Visa gives me 3% cash back at grocery stores, hoping to find some Disney cards at a Loblaws so I can really maximize the value.
I've seen many 50$ Disney cards at retailers but short of buying 50 of them...

Other than CT and Disney store, does anyone know where I can buy 500$ cards ?

Preferably at a pharmacy or grocery store so I can get some cashback on my visa momentum cars :)
Knowledge is power
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1450 posts
335 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:27 am
The original 25% off no-expiry Canadian discount tickets from last year display the 2030 expiry date in the app. It must be a bug in the app. I wouldn't risk not using them this year.
I bought when the discount went to like 35% (because Disney increased the US price but kept the Canadian discount price the same) and they all have the 2030 date. It was in the terms and confirm back then with Disney that it was 2030 for Disney World, Land was 2018 at the time.

But not sure now as the term say 2018, could be a bug for this years tickets.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4231 posts
313 upvotes
Nitram wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 1:54 pm

Preferably at a pharmacy or grocery store so I can get some cashback on my visa momentum cars :)
At my local Shoppers Drug Mart they had cards where you could add $25-$500 I believe.
Dec 26, 2004
267 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Did anyone ever use Photopass while visited Disneyland? I looked at the website and the price is per ticket. So if we are a family of 4, we need 4 tickets for pictures? Can we buy 1 and use that to take our family photo or they won't allow it?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9782 posts
14837 upvotes
Scarborough
Nitram wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 1:54 pm

I bought a $25-500 card from Rexall.
wackojacko wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 2:15 pm
I bought when the discount went to like 35% (because Disney increased the US price but kept the Canadian discount price the same) and they all have the 2030 date. It was in the terms and confirm back then with Disney that it was 2030 for Disney World, Land was 2018 at the time.

But not sure now as the term say 2018, could be a bug for this years tickets.
I've seen a few people call in and ask about the weird expiry in the app and they confirmed that the app is wrong and they do in fact need to be redeemed (as per the fine print) by Dec. 31, 2018.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 26, 2004
267 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
The Disney gift cards at SDM are already removed. They won't be back till Feb 12. One of the cashiers told me when I was looking for one. By that time, the sale would be over, I think.
I bought mine from Loblaws. They're only $50 each at the one near my house. So I had to buy quite a few.
Aug 29, 2011
19 posts
46 upvotes
Edmonton
oratihsus wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 2:29 pm
Did anyone ever use Photopass while visited Disneyland? I looked at the website and the price is per ticket. So if we are a family of 4, we need 4 tickets for pictures? Can we buy 1 and use that to take our family photo or they won't allow it?

I think the Photopass is $39, and you should be able to use it for the entire family.

I would recommend getting the mobile App and then adding the MaxPass add on for one of you, this includes photopass, and costs $10USD per admission.

You will have a Barcode on your phone that the Photographer will scan, They may also give you a physical card with a barcode, I think you link multiple barcodes on the app.

You will also be able to access any of the Pictures that are snapped automatically on various rides, ie. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain

Be sure to pack a powerbank with your phone, you will need it.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1906 posts
101 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
oratihsus wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 2:29 pm
Anyone not with you will generally ask for a physical photopass card that get scanned for taking photos (ask for one with your first photo and keep it). At the end of the day you can add those cards to your one account in the app (scan/type in code from card)
Keep in mind that photopass/fastpass are the same purchase, so there might be a benefit to adding it to all tickets.

When I went to disneyland we had two fastpass and two non-fastpass and we just used the card for the other two people.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2008 posts
488 upvotes
Edmonton
Poutinemaster wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:22 am
If you have a car and some time, Joshua Tree National Park is awesommme (about 90 mins from LA).
+1. Went last week. $25 / car. It’s 90 min from la if you’re lucky and traffic is light to Palm Springs. Add 30 min from ps to the park entrance. Pack a lunch some really nice picnic areas...........
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2008 posts
488 upvotes
Edmonton
jaksdj22 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:20 am
Go to the Getty museum. Think we paid just parking for about $15 a few years ago.