Expired Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets & 25% off Disneyland Tickets *Ending Soon & WDW Price Increase Soon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 3:56 pm
Sep 21, 2007
221 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Walt Disney World (Florida) official website price for Canadian after 20% discount is US$280 per adult (4 days pass) + 6.5% tax = US$298.20. Did anyone ever order Walt Disney World (Florida) tickets from Travelocity.ca? How much you had to pay end up if you order from Disney official website (well I know the exchange rate is different everyday, but if I have 4 adults and 2 kids, would it save me a hundred bucks to avoid the bad exchange rate with credit card company)?

It's C$323.23 per adult (4 days pass - tax included). With today rate it's about the same. However if I use my Canadian credit card to pay in USD, usually the rate is horrible.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1337 posts
254 upvotes
Renous
mobilelinkage wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 8:12 pm
Walt Disney World (Florida) official website price for Canadian after 20% discount is US$280 per adult (4 days pass) + 6.5% tax = US$298.20. Did anyone ever order Walt Disney World (Florida) tickets from Travelocity.ca? How much you had to pay end up if you order from Disney official website (well I know the exchange rate is different everyday, but if I have 4 adults and 2 kids, would it save me a hundred bucks to avoid the bad exchange rate with credit card company)?

It's C$323.23 per adult (4 days pass - tax included). With today rate it's about the same. However if I use my Canadian credit card to pay in USD, usually the rate is horrible.
I went through Expedia. I did the math, and with the cash-back from Ebates, I ended up saving 5.9% (3.4% cash back, and I'm counting the 2.5% forex fee savings) on $840 = $49.56, not a super saving, but enough to go through them imho.

Some have stated that they have issues when the get to the parks with the voucher. I've been to Disney over 3 times and never bought directly through the site. It's either been undercover tourist, Love orlando tickets, or this time Expedia. If Travelocity is cheaper, go for it, but don't forget Ebates! .. or your preferred cash-back site.

* I was one of the lucky ones to get in on the 30% cash back years ago through Orbitz - the good old days!
Reserved for future time travellers
May 23, 2012
112 posts
11 upvotes
Anyone happens to know how to link the tickets with the magic band?

when i booked the all-star resort last week, i didn't buy the tickets as a package.

and now i bought the tickets, i don't know how to bind them together?
Feb 12, 2017
14 posts
15 upvotes
add the tickets to your my disney experience app, assign the ticket to a guest, assign the magic band to the same guest (this will be done automatically if you are staying on site and have all the same guests on your reservation) and thats it.
May 23, 2012
112 posts
11 upvotes
nightwing1221 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 9:26 am
add the tickets to your my disney experience app, assign the ticket to a guest, assign the magic band to the same guest (this will be done automatically if you are staying on site and have all the same guests on your reservation) and thats it.
thanks..will try it out at nighttime.. in the day time the app is quite slow to open.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16463 posts
2107 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:20 am
Any other low budget attractions worth to visit besides Hollywood and beach area in LA?

Getty Museum and Griffith Museum are both free. Santa Monica Beach Pier plus the amusement park is free (rides you pay). Hollywood IMO is over-rated... It's basically a street with a bunch of weird performers.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16463 posts
2107 upvotes
Netace444 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 4:25 pm
Be sure to pack a powerbank with your phone, you will need it.
Yes, very important considering there are only handful of FastPass terminals so you'll be using your phone a lot to schedule rides.
Jul 22, 2015
373 posts
65 upvotes
Ontario
discoblues wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 10:44 pm
My wife booked 5 nights for end of Feb. $3800usd for family of 4 which includes 5 night Disney hotel, 4 day park pass, medium Disney dining plan and memory maker photo package thru a travel agent. To pay for it She bought 5k worth of Disney gift cards at the Disney store at STC. Most places limit gc purchases but Disney store did it no questions asked.

While we're down there After Disney we are doing a week on the Royal carribian cruise (thanks to rfd on that one too) going to need the vacation after Disney!
By paying with GCs, don't you miss out on any credit catd benefits you would have had if you paid with your credit card, ie trip cancellation, lost baggage, out of country insurance, accident benefits. My credit card gives me all of these benefits which is my I tend to pay with my credit card.
Nov 27, 2014
159 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB
mobilelinkage wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 8:12 pm
Not sure where you got CA$323, as both Expedia and Travelocity have been showing CA$375 for the past 2 weeks now (which is the US$298.20 Disney charges, at today's exchange rate of CA$1.25/US$1, and I have been checking twice a day. Disney's cost for Canadians with tax is US$298.20 so the only way you got it for $323, is if the US$/CA$ exchange rate was CA$1.08/US$1 which we haven't seen since Summer of 2014. Or if you got it a long time ago when there was more discount or lower priced tickets. Lucky you anyway....

Lucky you.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1337 posts
254 upvotes
Renous
Just thought I'd add my experience with Expedia. Bought through them two days ago, and tonight I received an email with the 12 digit theme park confirmation numbers attached.

These are the numbers you link the tickets to your 'My Disney experience'. It was pretty painless. I thought I would have to phone Expedia, and maybe not get these numbers, (or at least have to be transferred to managers or something similar) and worst case scenario have to bring my vouchers etc, but nope.

If anyone's on the fence with Expedia, I would say go for it.
Reserved for future time travellers
Jul 10, 2011
50 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
At Disney stores you can buy $1000 GC per day per person.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1258 posts
2538 upvotes
Pawtucket
Chase US has a nice sign up promo for the Disney Visa Card. You will get a $200 statement credit after spending $500 within 90 days. This is only available via referral though. Non-referral applications only get $50 statement credit.

I have this card and used it for our Disney World vacation last year. You get a special photo opportunity exclusively for Chase Disney Visa cardholders inside Epcot. We took pictures with Mickey and Goofy with no lineups. You also get discounts on merchandise inside the park and at Disneystore.com and you will also receive exclusive dates to book the Free Dining promo not available to non cardholders. There are other perks as well. The $200 statement credit is nice and you can easily buy $500 worth of gift cards or any purchases for that matter to get the $200 statement credit.

The card is not subject to the Chase 5/24 rule but you will need to be able to qualify for a US Credit Card in order to get this. PM if you want details
Oct 27, 2009
135 posts
46 upvotes
Hamilton
digitalyogi wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 12:44 pm
At Disney stores you can buy $1000 GC per day per person.
I was going to pick up gift cards today but :
1. realized you're not buying in US currency on the cards, its just Canadian funds. The exchange is calculated upon day of usage. If I was getting today's exchange rate I'd be more tempted to buy.
2. found out the resort (Swan & Dolphin) does not accept these because its only a Disney 'affiliate' instead of Disney resort.

Maybe its worth it for some, but I only need $3k at most and I'm not travelling until the summer so I'm not to risk losing gift cards to save 2.5%.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
66 posts
224 upvotes
Just to update. Word is that Disney World price increasing is coming Monday February 12th.

Link here

Pretty substantial increase. If right a 5-day ticket will go up $45/person. You can do the math for a family.

Also note the Canadian ticket deal ends on Saturday February 10th. If you were considering going, you might look seriously at buying tickets before the price increase
Jul 10, 2011
50 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
Correct! :)

I bought only for the tickets purpose, and something spend inside the park. For rest, I'll be using US CC, as I have USD funds so doesn't have to worry about Exchange or 2.5% :) Cheers!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)