Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets & 25% off Disneyland Tickets *Ending Soon & WDW Price Increase Soon

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 9:08 am
Apr 5, 2009
141 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver
With booking through Expedia - it tells me to select a specific date. We're not sure exactly which dates we're travelling yet, does that mean if I book through expedia I have to go on those days, or are the tickets for open ended dates? I tried calling Expedia customer support and they aren't very helpful. Thanks!
Feb 17, 2009
86 posts
6 upvotes
Surrey
We've booked with Expedia in October 2016, and at that time the dates were opened ended. We also booked tickets at Universal Studio where it said the tickets were for the specific date only, and I made the mistake of refreshing the screen so the date went back to the same date as I was purchasing. I called Expedia and they contacted Universal and said it couldn't be changed, I took the tickets anyways to Universal and they worked just fine, even with the wrong date. This was back in October 2016 though.
May 23, 2012
104 posts
11 upvotes
anyone know some website has best discounted tickets?

thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3102 posts
655 upvotes
Edmonton
tititatamu wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:35 am
anyone know some website has best discounted tickets?

thanks.
Undercovertourist... but if you want disneyland they are still on sale I think for a few days. I dont believe there's anywhere to get the discounted Canadian rate though for WDW. If someone knows, please post.

Even with a 'discounted' rate, the tickets are only a few dollars cheaper.
Mar 27, 2006
130 posts
8 upvotes
Sudbury
Crap , just missed the deal. Let me know if anyone wants to sell
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5534 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
Went to California Adventures last week and it was amazing. Only did a 1 day value ticket on Wednesday ($95) which was flagged a "ghost town" day on isitpacked.com and it was still busier than I expected. I can't imagine how busy weekends and holidays are and wouldn't dare go then. Even on a "ghost town" weekday, Fast Passes were gone early (only snagged 2) and it was a 30-40 min standby lineup for the big rides like Guardians, Soarin and Toy story Midway. 75-90 minutes for Cars Land but we got on that twice in 15-20 minutes using the single rider line. We manged to get on all the big rides over 8 hours including Cars Land and Soarin' twice. Single rider line for Cars Land is clutch if you don't care about riding with your party.

I kind of regret not going to the main Disneyland park as well but we heard California Adventures was far better for adults and we did have a great time there. I might go back and check out the other park next time i'm in Cali.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5534 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
jaksdj22 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:20 am
Any other low budget attractions worth to visit besides Hollywood and beach area in LA?
$20-25: Petersen Auto Museum, The Comedy Store, The Getty Centre/Villa (free entry but paid parking), LACMA
Free: Griffin Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, The Broad (have to book a few weeks in advance)
Dec 26, 2007
135 posts
18 upvotes
North York
Has this been a regular annual promotion? I missed out this time, but the initial post said there was a similar Nov-Feb deal last year. Thinking about going next December, don't know if it is worth waiting and hoping...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
42982 posts
10725 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:33 am
$20-25: Petersen Auto Museum, The Comedy Store, The Getty Centre/Villa (free entry but paid parking), LACMA
Free: Griffin Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, The Broad (have to book a few weeks in advance)
Anything else within two hours (light traffic) of LA? I know San Diego is right about there but then there's a lot to do there too and I don't want analysis paralysis if we only have 5-6 days in and around LA.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5534 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:20 pm
Anything else within two hours (light traffic) of LA? I know San Diego is right about there but then there's a lot to do there too and I don't want analysis paralysis if we only have 5-6 days in and around LA.
If you can make the drive, the San Diego Zoo is phenomenal and totally worth the trip. Took a little over an hour to get there from Irvine where I was staying so maybe 2 hours from LA depending on traffic and when you leave. I did the Air and Space museum last week as well which was pretty cool though a bit overpriced for what it was ($20 USD). There are bunch of museums around Balboa park but the Zoo is definitely the highlight there. Also caught the sunset at Harborview park which was beautiful and free to do.

if you don't want to drive all the San Diego, Newport beach is nice, and Laguna Beach is one of our favorite places we've ever been to period. The Top Of The World trail in Laguna is breathtaking and completely free to enter, highly recommend this.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
42982 posts
10725 upvotes
Damn it. :) At least there's this Southern California pass to cover the zoo and a few others.

Thanks ReeGee.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5534 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:49 pm
Damn it. :) At least there's this Southern California pass to cover the zoo and a few others.

Thanks ReeGee.
You need at least 4-5 hours at that Zoo to really take it in, I had about 3-4 hours on a quiet day and felt somewhat rushed. Disney is a full day thing as well. Honestly there's so much to do in Cali and only so much you can fit in 5-6 days, just pick a few things, take your time and enjoy.
One other quick thing you can do near LA is hop on the PCA and drive north to Malibu. Gorgeous drive and lots of nice restaurants around there. You can do Santa Monica Pier and that in the same day.
Dec 14, 2006
301 posts
331 upvotes
Glad you had a good time. Whenever I go with friends/family, we try to do a three day trip. Day-1 Main park, Day 2- California Adventure and Day 3 whichever one the group wants to do again (or both if you have a park hopper).

The next time we go, I think we are going to splurge and stay at the Grand California so that you have direct access to California adventure, cut out security/wait times and get to maximize fun times.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5534 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
iceman2929 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:21 pm
The next time we go, I think we are going to splurge and stay at the Grand California so that you have direct access to California adventure, cut out security/wait times and get to maximize fun times.
Is that the fancy looking hotel right off the Grizzly River Run path? Do you think the main park is worth it just for adults? I really enjoyed California Adventure and was debating going to the main park the next day but didn't want to pay that much again and possibly be disappointed as quite a few people told me it's more for kids and wouldn't be as good.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
42982 posts
10725 upvotes
What are some reasonably priced accommodations around LA and San Diego (okay, even San Francisco)?

Where can I start checking prices out? Airbnb isn't quite cost-effective with families as they charge by the guest.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)