Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World & Disneyland] Canadians save 20% on Walt Disney World Park Tickets & 25% off Disneyland Tickets *Ending Soon & WDW Price Increase Soon

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 10:30 am
Apr 5, 2009
141 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:43 pm
What are some reasonably priced accommodations around LA and San Diego (okay, even San Francisco)?

Where can I start checking prices out? Airbnb isn't quite cost-effective with families as they charge by the guest.
Check out Tripadvisor, can sort by review / price. I stayed at a suite in LA with free parking and free breakfast and i found it through Tripadvisor. I can't remember the name now but I recall it to be very affordable but still nice (not dingy like a motel).
Apr 5, 2009
141 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver
U4IA wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:52 am
Undercovertourist... but if you want disneyland they are still on sale I think for a few days. I dont believe there's anywhere to get the discounted Canadian rate though for WDW. If someone knows, please post.

Even with a 'discounted' rate, the tickets are only a few dollars cheaper.
Thank you for this, I just booked through Undercover tourist and got 1% CB, so it ended up saving me $15 for a 2 day pass. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3096 posts
652 upvotes
Edmonton
ReeGee wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:36 pm
Is that the fancy looking hotel right off the Grizzly River Run path? Do you think the main park is worth it just for adults? I really enjoyed California Adventure and was debating going to the main park the next day but didn't want to pay that much again and possibly be disappointed as quite a few people told me it's more for kids and wouldn't be as good.
It's worth it if you absolutely need the quickest/easiest way into the one park. But, its going to run average of $500+ a night so it's not cheap. It's nice if you want to take an afternoon break though, since it's so close.

Disneyland has sooo many decent hotels in a 15 minute walking distance though, it's a bit hard to justify the cost. That being said, security and line up's can be pretty darn slow at opening time in the main center entrance.
Dec 14, 2006
298 posts
330 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:36 pm
Is that the fancy looking hotel right off the Grizzly River Run path? Do you think the main park is worth it just for adults? I really enjoyed California Adventure and was debating going to the main park the next day but didn't want to pay that much again and possibly be disappointed as quite a few people told me it's more for kids and wouldn't be as good.
Ya it's the fancy hotel by the river run. I've never stayed there but I've heard its very nice.

As far as if its worth it, I suppose it depends on the individual. I'm an adult (Sorta...lol. 27 and no kids) and I love the main park. Might be because it's a kick of nostalgia right in the feels - I love Disney though, always have, and going there makes me feel like a kid again. You have space mountain (my number 1 favorite ride at disney, I go on that 3 or 4 times per visit at least), Indiana Jones, big thunder mountain, the matterhorn, star tours, splash mountain, and then there are your relaxing rides like pirates of the Caribbean, jungle cruise, etc). Oh and if you are not going back for awhile, Starwars land will be in the main park and that alone will be worth it.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2034 posts
241 upvotes
for those who buy disney ears for the whole family, it's 25% off on shopdisney until monday. same ears as buying inside the park but obviously 25% off. good if buying multiple and with US address only for free shipping.
PSN: Sakaban

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Peacenutman