Expired Hot Deals

[Walt Disney World] Walt Disney World - 2019 Free Dining Promo Released (Valid July 5-September 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2019 3:00 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3080 posts
787 upvotes
Ajax
djdestroyer wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:38 pm
Wow just read the entire thread -- seems like you have to come prepared and ready. Experienced vets only.
No not at all. But this is no all inclusive vacation whereby you book it and forget it. Research, patience, planning and not trying to do it all, will serve you well.

It's not what it once was:

Only 1 park.

Then 2.

Then add 1 water park.

Add Downtown Disney.

Add 3rd park, then 4th along with a 2nd water park.

Add in fast pass, and 6 month dining reservation and more and more to do on property.

You now get a fairly prescribed vacation, that may not be for everyone.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12514 posts
8680 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mrtvgame wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:19 pm
The last I did it before XMas, they only allowed $1000.00 per gift card. And that was at the Disney Store at Scarb. Town Centre.
I've purchased GC both at Vaughan Mills and STC and both had the same daily limit. This was just this past November. The cashier needs to ask the manager for approval and this was consistent with both locations, so if they didn't than that's why you were only able to purchase $1000. Just trying to save people time that are reading this otherwise it will take multiple trips to use GC to pay the resort/cruise. Took my wife and I 4 trips to purchase enough GC to pay for the trip.

I've learned a lot of new things from your posts and I'm taking notes for next time :)
Aug 24, 2011
102 posts
60 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
Another thing to look for when checking in that was offered in 2018 is the "Opt out of Housekeeping" program. You will get a Disney gift card for $10/night (minus your first night) if you prefer to forego houskeeping. Example: Your trip is 7 nights, you get a $60 gift card (7 nights - first night = 6 nights) that can be applied to your Hotel statement. Just make sure to go to the front desk the night before you checkout to have it applied. You can still call Housekeeping from your room phone for towels, toiletries etc if you run low/out. Gift card gets emailed to you within a few hours of check in.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
countysat wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:37 pm
If you're referring to Disneys "Minnie Van" service, keep in mind they are $25/ride. That can add up quick.
It's actually $15 + $2.75 a mile now. They changed it back in September. The biggest reason to use them in my opinion is that they each have 2 car seats in them.
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:17 pm
I've purchased GC both at Vaughan Mills and STC and both had the same daily limit. This was just this past November. The cashier needs to ask the manager for approval and this was consistent with both locations, so if they didn't than that's why you were only able to purchase $1000. Just trying to save people time that are reading this otherwise it will take multiple trips to use GC to pay the resort/cruise. Took my wife and I 4 trips to purchase enough GC to pay for the trip.
Starting around September 2017 you could buy Disney gift cards at most stores that sell gift cards (Shoppers, Rexall, Sobeys, Canadian Tire, etc.) and can load up to $500 onto each. One stop at a store with enough gift cards and you can pay off most Disney vacations.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1528 posts
464 upvotes
Wow, thanks a LOT for all of the sage advice guys! I am blown away by how many helpful, knowledgeable people there are here on RFD that are more than willing to help others!

I just checked Southwest for a Saturday to Saturday non-refundable Wanna Get Away (cheapest option by far) flights in July for 4 people flying from BUF to MCO and back and it came to 1075 USD. Is it really about 400 dollars cheaper if you book it right when the flights are released?

Getting 4 return flights for less than 700 USD sounds unreal . . .but you would have to book flights during the week and also book them as soon as they are released, right? It would be worth driving to Buffalo to save over a thousand CAD (I think the flights are over 1500 USD if you book through Disney and I don't think it is any cheaper on TripAdvisor!?).
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12514 posts
8680 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:28 pm
It's actually $15 + $2.75 a mile now. They changed it back in September. The biggest reason to use them in my opinion is that they each have 2 car seats in them.

Starting around September 2017 you could buy Disney gift cards at most stores that sell gift cards (Shoppers, Rexall, Sobeys, Canadian Tire, etc.) and can load up to $500 onto each. One stop at a store with enough gift cards and you can pay off most Disney vacations.
Yes there are lots of stores that carry Disney GC but stores have different policies. Shoppers for example have a limit of $100 per card. I needed to purchase nearly $12,000 so even at $500 per card that isn’t practical.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12514 posts
8680 upvotes
Richmond Hill
feminazi wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:54 pm
Wow, thanks a LOT for all of the sage advice guys! I am blown away by how many helpful, knowledgeable people there are here on RFD that are more than willing to help others!

I just checked Southwest for a Saturday to Saturday non-refundable Wanna Get Away (cheapest option by far) flights in July for 4 people flying from BUF to MCO and back and it came to 1075 USD. Is it really about 400 dollars cheaper if you book it right when the flights are released?

Getting 4 return flights for less than 700 USD sounds unreal . . .but you would have to book flights during the week and also book them as soon as they are released, right? It would be worth driving to Buffalo to save over a thousand CAD (I think the flights are over 1500 USD if you book through Disney and I don't think it is any cheaper on TripAdvisor!?).
Is it a direct flight from BUF to MCO? Last time I let my friend book and yes it was stupid cheap but I wanted to kill myself. We had a 4 hour layover at Atlanta :facepalm: before heading to Miami.

If no layover it’s worth it but do yourself a favour and book an overnight stay in Buffalo that also includes parking and shuttle service to the airport.
Dec 24, 2007
925 posts
858 upvotes
BC
djdestroyer wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:38 pm
Wow just read the entire thread -- seems like you have to come prepared and ready. Experienced vets only.
A Disney vacation is not cheap and as RFDers we like to get as much value as we can. You can like many Disney guests just show up, go with the flow, and have a good time. They might be able to go on 6 rides a day and still have a great vacation as there is so much going on at the park. But, being prepared you would have a even better experience (like ride twice the number of rides, spend less time in long hot lines, eat at preferred restaurants at your preferred times, etc.). Experienced vets learn lots of little tips on how to maximize their time and experiences for the least cost.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1528 posts
464 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:10 pm
Is it a direct flight from BUF to MCO? Last time I let my friend book and yes it was stupid cheap but I wanted to kill myself. We had a 4 hour layover at Atlanta :facepalm: before heading to Miami.

If no layover it’s worth it but do yourself a favour and book an overnight stay in Buffalo that also includes parking and shuttle service to the airport.
I am only going to select direct flights . . .it was 1075 today which is good but I hope it could be a lot cheaper . . .under 700 would be an incredible deal for four return flights and we would probably stay in Buffalo overnight the night before.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12514 posts
8680 upvotes
Richmond Hill
feminazi wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:18 pm
I am only going to select direct flights . . .it was 1075 today which is good but I hope it could be a lot cheaper . . .under 700 would be an incredible deal for four return flights and we would probably stay in Buffalo overnight the night before.
$1075 is just ok, $700 would be amazing. We paid $1300 for 3 with assigned seating with Westjet from YYZ.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1402 posts
3386 upvotes
Pawtucket
Another tip regarding the Fastpasses. You are allotted 3 per day so its best to schedule all 3 as earliest as possible because once you have used all 3, then you can start booking Fastpasses again one at a time. Once we have checked into our 3rd Fastpass of the day, I immediately go into the app to schedule the the fourth. That way, we can try to get in as many rides as possible without having to wait in the regular lines.
Also note that the rides are tiered. The more popular ones like Test Track, Frozen, Soarin', Flight of Passage, River Na'vi, Slinky Dog, Alien Saucer, Toy Story Mania are Tier 1 meaning and you can only select one Tier 1 at a time. You will need to decide which Tier 1 ride is most important. Once you've used your 3 Fastpasses for the day, then you can schedule another Tier 1 ride if available.

Also, you can actually scan in exactly 5 min. before the scheduled if you want to get into the ride as soon as possible.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
feminazi wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:54 pm

When I booked my most recent flight from Buffalo it was about $79 per person each way. I booked that right when the flight schedule opened up for my dates. There's no guarantee that the price will be the lowest at that time but from my experience it usually is.

They often have flight sales but they don't apply to that route. The best price I've paid out of Buffalo in recent years was $57 per person each way but I don't expect to ever see it that cheap again.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1374 posts
165 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:34 am
If I don't get the fast pass, what are wait times like in July/August?
Just in case you didn't know, I wanted to point out that everyone gets Fastpass. It's part of your Disney park entry, not a separate thing that you have to buy like most other parks.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
May 16, 2010
137 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
but if you stay on Disney property, you can book some fastpasses 60 days out.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2263 posts
625 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
WetCoastGuy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:11 pm
A Disney vacation is not cheap and as RFDers we like to get as much value as we can. You can like many Disney guests just show up, go with the flow, and have a good time. They might be able to go on 6 rides a day and still have a great vacation as there is so much going on at the park. But, being prepared you would have a even better experience (like ride twice the number of rides, spend less time in long hot lines, eat at preferred restaurants at your preferred times, etc.). Experienced vets learn lots of little tips on how to maximize their time and experiences for the least cost.
I wasn't being negative about it... I find it incredibly intriguing.