Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World - 2019 Free Dining Promo Released (Valid July 5-September 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2019 3:00 pm
Oct 23, 2018
277 posts
147 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: I am not sure your ticket selection really fits your stay. The 6 day Hopper Plus essentially means 6 days of regular theme parks with the option to hop between them and 6 days of water parks/mini-putting/regular golf. Essentially meaning 12 days of activity. Your first and last day are travel days. With a 9 or 10 year old in the heat of the Florida summer, I do not think you will be hopping much either. IMO, you should be looking at a regular 4 or 5 day ticket max and pay for the water parks separately because really you just do not have enough time. Be Our Guest is not really worth it either. Check around for some popular blogs to see why.
this is correct and one of our mistakes. we bought like 6 days park entry and we are only staying 6 full days in Orlando!
you can use water park entry, ESPN and mini golf entry on any days within the time period after your first day using the ticket. we thought we can only use that on the same day of our park entry! LOL!
wish we could have stayed longer on the water parks, it is good for a WHOLE DAY coz the two water park are HUGE! kids enjoyed it a lot, just too bad we only stayed half day coz we have to still to go to Animal Kingdom!
so if you are going to buy those extras on the park hopper, make sure you have alloted extra days to enjoy it so much which we did!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
Difference between choosing 4 or 6 day ticket passes is 35$ per person...(+104$ total)
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Mcklain wrote: To get the free meal plan I had to choose park hopper or park hopper plus option. Getting the park hopper plus option was 80$ more for the 3 of us (total). So essentially we are paying 80$ to have access to the water parks. And yes we will probably hop since for the 2 days at the water park (they close early I think) we will hop to one of the main 4 theme parks for the rest of the day.

I just checked online and buying 1 day tickets is 70$ each ticket. We are 3 and going 2 days at the water parks so essentials 420$ just for tickets to water parks. I dont think that is a good option to take at all.
Yeah they are making you spend more for days you are not going to use. I assume you have been before in the heat. I would be surprised to see your 10 year old do a water park and theme park in the same day. Just saying. You are paying for 6 days of water parks and 6 days of hopping when you are only planning to do 2 of each. Well actually, technically you are not hopping at all. Hopping is to and from the theme parks in the same day not the water parks.

If you go to a water park and a theme park on the same day with your ticket, you are using up one whole day of theme park and one whole day of water park. Make sure you understand this when you are doing your planning. You can hop between water parks with a single day water park purchase. You do not need a packaged hopper ticket to do so. Hopper are for theme park only.

Let me suggest a sample itinerary for you:
Day 1: travel day and you arrive at Disney world, assuming half your day is gone, hit one of the water parks
Day 2: theme park
Day 3: theme park
Day 4: theme park
Day 5: water park and theme park if you can all do it
Day 6: theme park
Day 7: theme park
Day 8: travel back home

There you have used 6 theme park days and 2 water parks. Will you really hop from theme park to theme park on your theme park days?

You are paying for hopping and not using it at all. A 4 or 5 day one theme park per day and paying for the water park separately would have made more sense. The water parks do not close early in the summer months. You can easily do both water parks in one day. The price you pay at the gate, $65 gets you into both water parks on a given day. Anyway, you're locked in now. Enjoy the trip!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
mrtvgame wrote: Yeah they are making you spend more for days you are not going to use. I assume you have been before in the heat. I would be surprised to see your 10 year old do a water park and theme park in the same day. Just saying. You are paying for 6 days of water parks and 6 days of hopping when you are only planning to do 2 of each. Well actually, technically you are not hopping at all. Hopping is to and from the theme parks in the same day not the water parks.

If you go to a water park and a theme park on the same day with your ticket, you are using up one whole day of theme park and one whole day of water park. Make sure you understand this when you are doing your planning. You can hop between water parks with a single day water park purchase. You do not need a packaged hopper ticket to do so. Hopper are for theme park only.

Let me suggest a sample itinerary for you:
Day 1: travel day and you arrive at Disney world, assuming half your day is gone, hit one of the water parks
Day 2: theme park
Day 3: theme park
Day 4: theme park
Day 5: water park and theme park if you can all do it
Day 6: theme park
Day 7: theme park
Day 8: travel back home

There you have used 6 theme park days and 2 water parks. Will you really hop from theme park to theme park on your theme park days?

You are paying for hopping and not using it at all. A 4 or 5 day one theme park per day and paying for the water park separately would have made more sense. The water parks do not close early in the summer months. You can easily do both water parks in one day. The price you pay at the gate, $65 gets you into both water parks on a given day. Anyway, you're locked in now. Enjoy the trip!
Like I said before we are doing 2 different days at water parks. So like in my previous post, buying individual tickets for the water parks alone is 414$!!!(2 days, 3 tickets per day). And to get the free meal plan I HAVE TO CHOOSE EITHER PARK HOPPER OR PARK HOPPER PLUS. So even if I reduce my number of days to 4 I will still be paying alot more when adding individual water park tickets for day 5 and 6.

Here is a possible scenario:
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Theme Park
Day 3: Theme Park
Day 4: Water Park and Theme Park
Day 5: Theme Park
Day 6: Water Park and Theme Park
Day 7: Theme Park
Day 8: Travel back
So to do the above I need 6 day tickets + 2 day individual water park tickets OR 6 day park hopper PLUS? Right?

Youre right concerning me not hopping. But getting the Park Hopper Plus option is still cheaper that +2 days of individual water park tickets so why shouldnt I take it? Here are my calculations:

Lets just say I dont take the free meal plan and use the SUN and FUN offer for 7 nights, with 6 day REGULAR tickets and add in 2 water park days (individual tickets).
Total would be 2160$+414$ (2 days at water park)= 2574$ (missing food at that price)

If I take the same offer but use park hopper plus option:
Total would be 2160$+282$ (park hopper plus option)= 2442$ (missing food at that price)

So it's costing 132$ less using park hopper plus option.

I am not locked in yet, I can still cancel one month before the start of my booking... thats why I am here.
Images
  • Sun and Fun 6 days BASE.JPG
  • Sun and Fun 6 days Park Hopper +.JPG
  • Water park.JPG
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Mcklain wrote: Like I said before we are doing 2 different days at water parks. So like in my previous post, buying individual tickets for the water parks alone is 414$!!!(2 days, 3 tickets per day). And to get the free meal plan I HAVE TO CHOOSE EITHER PARK HOPPER OR PARK HOPPER PLUS. So even if I reduce my number of days to 4 I will still be paying alot more when adding individual water park tickets for day 5 and 6.

Here is a possible scenario:
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Theme Park
Day 3: Theme Park
Day 4: Water Park and Theme Park
Day 5: Theme Park
Day 6: Water Park and Theme Park
Day 7: Theme Park
Day 8: Travel back
So to do the above I need 6 day tickets + 2 day individual water park tickets OR 6 day park hopper PLUS? Right?

Youre right concerning me not hopping. But getting the Park Hopper Plus option is still cheaper that +2 days of individual water park tickets so why shouldnt I take it? Here are my calculations:

Lets just say I dont take the free meal plan and use the SUN and FUN offer for 7 nights, with 6 day REGULAR tickets and add in 2 water park days (individual tickets).
Total would be 2160$+414$ (2 days at water park)= 2574$ (missing food at that price)

If I take the same offer but use park hopper plus option:
Total would be 2160$+282$ (park hopper plus option)= 2442$ (missing food at that price)

So it's costing 132$ less using park hopper plus option.

I am not locked in yet, I can still cancel one month before the start of my booking... thats why I am here.
If that's what you have, then I guess you are good to go. Your holiday not mine. Did you do a full cost analysis to see if the meal plan was even needed? IMO no need to blow two park days by only going for 2 half days. For 7 night vacation, 4 park days and maybe a 5th to return to a favorite is all that is needed. 2 waterparks can be done in one day. Disney water parks do not compare to Universal's IMO. If your daughter is into water parks, you can do a much cheaper vacation in other states. You go to Disney mainly for the theme parks, no? As such I wouldn't even need the meal plan. I would stay a couple nights longer, make it 10 nights and spread the whole trip out. That's my vacation, not yours. So enjoy what you have planned!
Aug 24, 2011
165 posts
145 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
Mcklain wrote: So essentially I am getting 42 quick service and 42 snacks for 580$ USD. Roughly it's costing me 82$ for the 3 of us each day to get the meal plan? What do you guys think? I guess the free dining offer was the better option in my case?
Let me know what you guys think.
I think the meal plan is worth it for $82/day for all 3 of you. A typical quick service meal and drink can be in the $14 - $17/person range and snacks around $4 - $5. Keep in mind you're also allowed 1 alcohol drink/adult/meal, giving it an even greater value.
If your flight lands before noon I would look into getting the 7 day hopper package. I'm usually in the parks within 2 hours of my plane landing.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
Also keep in mind that they don't differentiate between an Adult quick service credit and a kids quick service credit. All QS credits are lumped together. You can get an alcoholic beverage on every single QS meal if you want to.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
redboy69 wrote: Also keep in mind that they don't differentiate between an Adult quick service credit and a kids quick service credit. All QS credits are lumped together. You can get an alcoholic beverage on every single QS meal if you want to.
Are you sure as I when we were down there this past Xmas, they were not honoring that.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
mrtvgame wrote: Are you sure as I when we were down there this past Xmas, they were not honoring that.
As long as you order an adult meal without your kid present, they shouldn't care. We would order from the counter and just used the QS credit and got a beer each time.
The only time it would matter would be the Table service credits where the kids credits would be different from the adult credits. You would need to be served for the Table service meals so they definitely won't give you an alcoholic beverage for the kids. We went just this past September and never had any problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
countysat wrote: I think the meal plan is worth it for $82/day for all 3 of you. A typical quick service meal and drink can be in the $14 - $17/person range and snacks around $4 - $5. Keep in mind you're also allowed 1 alcohol drink/adult/meal, giving it an even greater value.
If your flight lands before noon I would look into getting the 7 day hopper package. I'm usually in the parks within 2 hours of my plane landing.
Indeed I just adjusted from 6 day park tickets to 7 day park tickets. My flight arrives in the middle of the afternoon and parks are open late!! Gonna have plenty of time to use 3+ fast passes!.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1116 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
U4IA wrote: You create a WDW account first. If you get the tickets from Disney, they will be on your account. If you get them elsewhere, you need the electronic number to link them up. You can pre-book 3 rides up to 30 days out, or 60 days if you also have a Disney hotel room. Once you book rides and times, you can try and adjust them to find better times, or better rides. On that day, once you use all 3 up, you can add another one at a time. Best to try and book in the morning, because you can't add more until all 3 are used up.

Popular rides like Pandora, book up immediately when that window opens up at midnight, but you can get lucky too by checking back.

https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney ... /#fastpass
You saved me a lot of headache. I was able to get on every ride with my GF at magic Kingdom and only had to line up in the regular line twice. I spent a lot of time on my phone refreshing lol but was definitely worth it. Almost always had the next ride lined up while I was going through the express.
Aug 24, 2011
165 posts
145 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
Mcklain wrote: Indeed I just adjusted from 6 day park tickets to 7 day park tickets. My flight arrives in the middle of the afternoon and parks are open late!! Gonna have plenty of time to use 3+ fast passes!.
Check your return flight as well. Disneys Magical Express will bus you to the airport 3 hours before your flight. If you have a evening flight it may be worth going to the 8 day hopper and spending the last half day in a park.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
P0rkchop wrote: You saved me a lot of headache. I was able to get on every ride with my GF at magic Kingdom and only had to line up in the regular line twice. I spent a lot of time on my phone refreshing lol but was definitely worth it. Almost always had the next ride lined up while I was going through the express.
Cool...glad to hear that. We had pretty good luck moving rides around, or finding time slots. Obviously as the day goes by the chances get slimmer, but if you take your FP selections and choose some shorter line ups when you cant get a good time, the day goes pretty good. Sometimes I found just selecting any ride (one you might not want) and then changing it later to the ride you want, was easier than trying to find a slot for the ride initially. Perhaps they way they optimize things internally. Or just luck, who knows!

You can also split your party up into singles, and try that way with overlapping times, etc. But at some point just more fun to spend time exploring, rather than stressing about getting on every ride.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1116 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
U4IA wrote: Cool...glad to hear that. We had pretty good luck moving rides around, or finding time slots. Obviously as the day goes by the chances get slimmer, but if you take your FP selections and choose some shorter line ups when you cant get a good time, the day goes pretty good. Sometimes I found just selecting any ride (one you might not want) and then changing it later to the ride you want, was easier than trying to find a slot for the ride initially. Perhaps they way they optimize things internally. Or just luck, who knows!

You can also split your party up into singles, and try that way with overlapping times, etc. But at some point just more fun to spend time exploring, rather than stressing about getting on every ride.
I found the same thing. I would book anything and then modify it, Also if the ride is down when your fast pass is ready you get an anything experience. Knowing this, I'd purposefully book closed rides lol

Thanks again
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
When I am choosing Pop Century Sun and Fun room.. I read someone said there is no need for getting Park Hoppers Options.? Just wondering why that would be? Never there before and haven't talked to anyone yer..just searching the Google and reading, so plan to make a trip there..
7-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day

Current Selections
2 x Ages 10+
2 x Ages 3-9
Offer Subtotal
$2,287.10 USD

Memory Maker costs additional 169 US$

Memory Maker includes:

Unlimited downloads of photos and videos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers and "attraction captures," such as your whole family:

Posing in front of Cinderella Castle
Meeting Mickey Mouse
Dining at select restaurants
Plummeting down Splash Mountain
Zooming around a corner on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Plus, you can:

Add animated Disney characters, like Tinker Bell, to select photos
Personalize your pictures with digital borders and stickers

Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan Details
costs additional 915 US $

Everyone in the party ages 3 and over will receive the following each night of their package stay:
2 Quick-Service Meals
2 Snacks
Each Guest ages 3 and over will receive a refillable drink mug, which is eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel.

Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails.

Each Quick-Service meal includes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner):

1 Entrée
1 Non-alcoholic Beverage or Alcoholic Beverage—for Guests 21 and older
Snacks:
At Quick-Service restaurants, most Outdoor Carts and select merchandise locations, snacks may include a single serving of items such as:

Frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle or fruit bar
Popcorn scoop
12 oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea
Prepackaged milk or juice
Piece of whole fruit
Bag of snacks
20 oz. bottle of Coca-Cola®, Sprite® or Dasani® water
20 oz. fountain soft drink
Beverages:
Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single-serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) within their meal entitlement. Guests 21 and older must present valid ID to be served alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages may only be redeemed with a Quick-Service or Table-Service meal entitlement.

A single-serving non-alcoholic beverage includes items such as:

Artisanal Milkshakes
Fresh Smoothies
Premium Hot Chocolate
Soda, Coffee or Tea
A single-serving alcoholic beverage includes items such as:

Beer or Cider
Wine or Sangria
Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails
For special dietary requests, Guests should speak with a chef or manager upon arrival at the dining location.

Guests ages 3-9 must order from the children’s menu, where available.
Last edited by shampygarg on Jan 29th, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3065 upvotes
Winnipeg
shampygarg wrote: When I am choosing Pop Century Sun and Fun room.. I read someone said there is no need for getting Park Hoppers Options.? Just wondering why that would be? Never there before and haven't talked to anyone yer..just searching the Google and reading, so plan to make a trip there..

Current Selections
2 x Ages 10+
2 x Ages 3-9
Offer Subtotal
$2,287.10 USD
You need the park hopper if you're doing the stay and dine. If you're not, you don't need to get park hopper. In fact, you don't even need to buy tickets through Dis.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
jcon wrote: You need the park hopper if you're doing the stay and dine. If you're not, you don't need to get park hopper. In fact, you don't even need to buy tickets through Dis.
if I plan to stay there, where I can dine? or would it be cheaper to grab the stuff on go from the restaurants?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3065 upvotes
Winnipeg
shampygarg wrote: if I plan to stay there, where I can dine? or would it be cheaper to grab the stuff on go from the restaurants?
Sorry, I'm confusing you...

What I meant was if you're not doing the free dining promotion, you don't need to do the Park Hopper.

The Disney Dining Plan is another question altogether.

When are you going?
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
jcon wrote: Sorry, I'm confusing you...

What I meant was if you're not doing the free dining promotion, you don't need to do the Park Hopper.

The Disney Dining Plan is another question altogether.

When are you going?
planning last week of September? and Free Dinning isn't available for the Pop Century . Sun and Fun room promo with 30% discount is the only option available.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3065 upvotes
Winnipeg
shampygarg wrote: planning last week of September? and Free Dinning isn't available for the Pop Century . Sun and Fun room promo with 30% discount is the only option available.
Okay, then you don't need the Park Hopper for that promo.
This isn't a blog.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)