• Sep 23rd, 2020 2:24 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
28 upvotes

Wanna file a complaint to McDonald's?

Today I was having lunch @ McDonald's. I ordered 2 Filet-O-Fish (Fri McDeal), including tax should be $3.62. So as usual, I gave the cashier $20.02 cuz I don't want more pennies.

But then I see the cash register said change: 16.38 I thought maybe she just punched in 20 (which sometimes they do). But when I started seeing her counting me 3 pannies, I know this is wrong. I told her I gave her 20 dollar and 2 pennies. and she said no I didn't. I was surprised by her short term memory! I gave her the $20 bill and put 2 pennies on top of it. How could she said no! Meanwhile people around me give me a weird look and she make it sounds like I am trying to rip her off for just 2 pennies! Holy smoke! Then the team leader passed by and he opened up the drawer and gave me 2 cents back.

But then, the damage has done. I was in a good mood before I go in. So when I get home, and want to see if there is atleast a way I can send a e-mail to the head office to provide them some feedback. Afterall I don't really mean to get her into touble, people make mistake sometimes, esp during busy lunch hour. And all I found is this

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/contact.aspx

So, I decided to give Customer Relationship a call. And none of the options via voice prompt really fits what I wanted to talk about. So I waited and pressed '0'. I asked the girl if I wanted to provide feedback, if she is the right person to speak to, and she said yes. So I told her my story. At the end she said she will send a report to the store owner. I said I didn't mean to get anyone into trouble, but she said she has to submit the report. (no wonder I hear she type while I am talking)

Oh well...

For me is this is just 2 cents (in fact technically speaking they gave me back on the spot afterwards) But I know some of you may get upset by McDonald's some other ways, and if you wanted to complains, this is the # to call (during office hour)

Toronto: (416) 446-3932
Vancouver: (604) 293-4834
Montreal: (514) 421-4881
Last edited by [H]ackerK on Oct 1st, 2004 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
166 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2003
1402 posts
250 upvotes
I wish every store in the country would teach their cashiers one rule that would help everybody out: keep the cash that the customer hands you out of the till until they get their change back. If they just keep your cash out in the open until they give you your change back, it makes it much easier to see who was right for things like this.

My wife was a waitress and she said she had to start doing this because some people, who were intentionally trying to scam the business, would say "I gave you a $20" when she knew for sure it was just a $10.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1843 posts
203 upvotes
I hate when cashiers look at me like im mental when I give them $5.03 for something that totals $4.78. Then they try to give me my 3c back and just take the $5. I WANT A QUARTER BACK DUMB@SS!!!!!!
May 3, 2004
621 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
ooh... i wanted to file a complaint not too long ago as well. why the hell do they not have email for customer complaints?

my story is a lot worse. first of all, i hardly ever eat at mcdonalds, but it was late and nothing else was open in the area. so i went to the drive-through and ordered a mcnugget combo and asked them to substitute my drink with an oreo mcflurry instead. okay, so far so good. i got my order and drove off. but before i left the plaza, i decided to check to see if everything was in the bag ...and of course, they messed up my order! they gave me the medium fries and an oreo mcflurry, but no nuggets.

so i drove back and complained to one of the employees (she might have been a manager, i'm not sure). she had the nerve to tell me that she handled the order herself and that i was wrong, and did not order any mcnuggets ...wtf!?!? then i explained to her that i was charged for a mcnugget combo + a bit extra for the mcflurry substitute, and there is no way, a medium fry and a mcflurry can cost $6+? and there was even sweet & sour sauce in the bag!!! ...but the little twit wouldn't listen and continued to tell me that i was wrong in front of the other customers. she said she will give me the nuggets but that i didn't pay for them ...omg, i wanted to punch her out so bad!!!! and of course, there was no receipt in the bag.

ugh... i hate mcdonalds, and the annoying twats that work there! :evil:
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
3226 posts
107 upvotes
Edmonton
sankou wrote:ooh... i wanted to file a complaint not too long ago as well. why the hell do they not have email for customer complaints?

my story is a lot worse. first of all, i hardly ever eat at mcdonalds, but it was late and nothing else was open in the area. so i went to the drive-through and ordered a mcnugget combo and asked them to substitute my drink with an oreo mcflurry instead. okay, so far so good. i got my order and drove off. but before i left the plaza, i decided to check to see if everything was in the bag ...and of course, they messed up my order! they gave me the medium fries and an oreo mcflurry, but no nuggets.

so i drove back and complained to one of the employees (she might have been a manager, i'm not sure). she had the nerve to tell me that she handled the order herself and that i was wrong, and did not order any mcnuggets ...wtf!?!? then i explained to her that i was charged for a mcnugget combo + a bit extra for the mcflurry substitute, and there is no way, a medium fry and a mcflurry can cost $6+? and there was even sweet & sour sauce in the bag!!! ...but the little twit wouldn't listen and continued to tell me that i was wrong in front of the other customers. she said she will give me the nuggets but that i didn't pay for them ...omg, i wanted to punch her out so bad!!!! and of course, there was no receipt in the bag.

This is why I stopped going to drive throughs. Similar thing happened to me at Wendy's. My friends and I went there late,and we were the only ones there and they still phucked up our order.(Junior bacon cheese had no bacon, and fries were missing.) We went right back into the drive through in not even 20 secs and the guy had the balls to accuse us of eating the food and coming back to cheat them. :confused: Yes, scamming cold and soggy french fries must be rampant at late nights in that part of town. You figure they'd be smart enough to realize that 50 cents worth of food is not worth giving themselves a bad customer service rep?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
28 upvotes
sankou wrote:ooh... i wanted to file a complaint not too long ago as well. why the hell do they not have email for customer complaints?

Well. One time my sis go to drive thru for a quick lunch, ordered a happy meal. And when her opened up her luch back at the office, the buger has NO MEAT in it... WTF?! And the other time, we ordered 2 combo but only got one fries.

Now I always check what's inside the beg b4 I drove off... Sometime just can't trust those ppl...
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
3976 posts
20 upvotes
hahaha! i had something similar happen to me at Tonic Niteclub. I waited a while before i can buy a bottle of beer. the waitress grabbed my 5 bucks before i even ordered anything. i waited like ...15 minutes for her to serve me something. and i told her i paid already. she stares at me like i'm crazy or something and gives me attitude. at last, she did give me my beer but she kinda slams it down on the table.

so, for you. at least it was just a couple of pennies. i coulda been scammed by the waitress for 5 bucks.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2004
2588 posts
12 upvotes
same here
'[H wrote:ackerK']Well. One time my sis go to drive thru for a quick lunch, ordered a happy meal. And when her opened up her luch back at the office, the buger has NO MEAT in it... WTF?! And the other time, we ordered 2 combo but only got one fries.

Now I always check what's inside the beg b4 I drove off... Sometime just can't trust those ppl...
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18713 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
actually today i was working.... and there was this "slow" mom and daughter (OLD) and they didn't speak properly... i confirmed with them 5 times their order.... specifically listing the items.. they said ok..
2 mins later... i give them their drinks.. and they say 1 more.... i'm like NO , that is what you ordered...look at your receipt...
'
and she's like i'm not Fcuking paying again.. blah blah.. talked to my manager.... looked at the receipt... walked away... and i guess she felt stupid after...
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5100 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
A long time ago, I saw a mom with three kids argue with a McD cashier that she had $20 on the counter and the cashier took it already. The cashier claimed she had not paid.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
28 upvotes
CSR wrote:actually today i was working.... and there was this "slow" mom and daughter (OLD) and they didn't speak properly... i confirmed with them 5 times their order.... specifically listing the items.. they said ok..
2 mins later... i give them their drinks.. and they say 1 more.... i'm like NO , that is what you ordered...look at your receipt...
'
and she's like i'm not Fcuking paying again.. blah blah.. talked to my manager.... looked at the receipt... walked away... and i guess she felt stupid after...
So, you worked for McD?
Oct 7, 2003
563 posts
1 upvote
maybe kinda off-topic....but just yesterday an old lady tried to scam me by claming that i didn't give back her $5 change (i worked at food court as a cashier) i knew for sure that i returned the $5 to her....what a ****.in' ass.hole......and if you work as a cashier i bet you would encouter this kind of scam...since i'm working as a cashier (starting 4-5 months ago) i have encountered this type of scam so many times. People doing smthg like this should be put in the jail and shot... :evil:
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
28 upvotes
frankies wrote:maybe kinda off-topic....but just yesterday an old lady tried to scam me by claming that i didn't give back her $5 change (i worked at food court as a cashier) i knew for sure that i returned the $5 to her....what a ****.in' ass.hole......and if you work as a cashier i bet you would encouter this kind of scam...since i'm working as a cashier (starting 4-5 months ago) i have encountered this type of scam so many times. People doing smthg like this should be put in the jail and shot... :evil:
Yea, I beileve you, and I can understand that. But why would I wanted to scam that stupid cashier for 2 freaking cents?! When I pointed out to her I give her $20.02 is more just for her information.. but she started making a sence of me trying to rob her for 2 more cents... That's pissed me off. (Humm I wonder what happens to her now..)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
i work cash and if someone said they gave me 2 cents i'd just give htem two cents to shut the up i dont even care if they gave it to me or not. Its friggin two cents, i'm not gonna get in trouble if the til is short 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
A friend of mine ordered a spicy chicken sandwich combo at Wendy's. he started eating it while we were talking and halfway through realized his sandwich was cold. He looked down at the sandwich and realized the chicken was completely raw pink!!!

We were both really shocked and my friend almost puked on the spot.

I grabbed the sandwich for my friend (who was gagging in the washroom) and I took it to the counter and started freaking out at the manager. The stupid manager actually told me, "Sorry, it happens." She offered another sandwich to my gagging friend who lost his appetite. I told her no and said I'm gonna be writing a letter to the head office and if my friend gets sick from this incident, he will be pressing charges.

She looked really scared but luckily my friend never got really sick. I got a call from the corporate head office and they offered to send me vouchers for free food but I told them don't bother since I won't ever eat Wendy's again if stuff like this happens.

I should've taken the vouchers 'cuz I still eat at Wendy's occasionally.

Oh well.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1085 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
well well well .. the peeps workin at McD's are not working for NASA anytime soon ... doesn't surprise me they have trouble counting ...

no offense anyone...
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2004
1302 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
ccdude wrote:I hate when cashiers look at me like im mental when I give them $5.03 for something that totals $4.78. Then they try to give me my 3c back and just take the $5. I WANT A QUARTER BACK DUMB@SS!!!!!!
Sigh, this reminds me of my story at a McDonald's Drive-Thru. Recently, I ordered 2 McDeals, which totals $9.18, so I gave the lady a $10 bill and 18 cents, meaning I should get $1 back! So after I got my food, I drove away. I guess it was my fault cause I forgot about my change, but I remembered right after I left the drive thru. I went back, and she didn't hesitate to give it to me... meaning she did it on purpose. What made it worse was that she took the receipt and wrote something on it. I demanded to get my receipt back, and it turns out that she wrote "done" on it. WTF? I wonder how many people she tried to rip off.... :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
hee hee.
This may be a generalization... but...

I remember back in the day I used to work there. Everyone there are... um... smart. The guys in the back making your food are usually chain smokers and/or druggies. (weekend/weeknight staff). The staff in the front are dumb girls that only care about their looks. Adding is NOT one of their specialities.

I spent my time doing Drive Thru, and the girls in the front with me are bascially just eye candy. *sigh*... There are messed up Drive Thru people that will steal your money and/or your food. But sometimes, they actually forget and meh.

Funny story. This guy one time thought it was cool to hang his hand out the window coming towards my drive thru window. The 20 in his hand flew out and into a bush. He just shruged and got into his MASSIVE wallet (3 inches of 20s not rolled) and gave me one of those. Told me to keep the change. Quickly got on break and grabbed the other 20... lol... that was more then I was getting paid for the 3 hrs I worked.

I still eat there, but good luck complaining. They say customers first, but the store I know, they don't care. Its more like, don't do it again or that customer is just stupid. 1 rule though, be nice to them, they'll be nice to you back.

Some people are born stupid and some people are born to work at McDs.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
taro-chan wrote: Some people are born stupid and some people are born to work at McDs.
:lol: best quote yet
Oct 7, 2004
1 posts
Mistakes are made, especially by young teenagers in their first jobs. I've had problems almost everywhere I've ever gone for food, its not any one specific restaurant. McDonalds is probably one of the places I've gotten the least problems. Yes I have had problems but not as many as Tim Horton’s, I have a problem every second time I go there. Which I blame more on their training program, because I know(well at least in the past) their training there was never all that great. McDonalds now, they have one of the best training programs out there(For that type of job.) I know business people who if put in a position where they were hiring a new employee, that if they had 2 candidates exactly the same( both went through got their business admin diploma or something like that) but one guy worked at A&P for 4 years and the other worked at McDonalds for 4 years...hands down they'd hire the McDonalds employee. McDonalds don't keep people on if they are **** ups, you get your 3 chances but you **** up more and your gone(Should be, certain managers at certain restaurants may not but for the majority that’s how it is suppose to go.) Plus everyone seems to be blaming McDonalds as a whole for this is normally just some kid who doesn't know better or doesn't care enough to keep a customer happy. A lot of people don't have the business mind to know if I let this person leave here upset they will may have a negative mindset towards McDonalds in the future and again some others simply don't care. Those people who don't are do get weeded out a lot of the time. I never worked for McDonalds myself but have known people who've worked there and I have learned about McDonalds through my business program that I took. If little things happen once or twice you should just shrug it off, you could even politely point out whatever mistake and how that person can correct it in the future. Personally looking down on a company for the mistake of one entry level employee who may not have all the experience yet and just made mistake won't get you anywhere. Plus do you really think that they can get a full staff of absolutely perfect staff for minimum wage?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)