Wanna file a complaint to McDonald's?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 2:24 am
Tags:
None
Oct 7, 2003
563 posts
1 upvote
7dayslater wrote:Mistakes are made, especially by young teenagers in their first jobs. I've had problems almost everywhere I've ever gone for food, its not any one specific restaurant. McDonalds is probably one of the places I've gotten the least problems. Yes I have had problems but not as many as Tim Horton’s, I have a problem every second time I go there. Which I blame more on their training program, because I know(well at least in the past) their training there was never all that great. McDonalds now, they have one of the best training programs out there(For that type of job.) I know business people who if put in a position where they were hiring a new employee, that if they had 2 candidates exactly the same( both went through got their business admin diploma or something like that) but one guy worked at A&P for 4 years and the other worked at McDonalds for 4 years...hands down they'd hire the McDonalds employee. McDonalds don't keep people on if they are **** ups, you get your 3 chances but you **** up more and your gone(Should be, certain managers at certain restaurants may not but for the majority that’s how it is suppose to go.) Plus everyone seems to be blaming McDonalds as a whole for this is normally just some kid who doesn't know better or doesn't care enough to keep a customer happy. A lot of people don't have the business mind to know if I let this person leave here upset they will may have a negative mindset towards McDonalds in the future and again some others simply don't care. Those people who don't are do get weeded out a lot of the time. I never worked for McDonalds myself but have known people who've worked there and I have learned about McDonalds through my business program that I took. If little things happen once or twice you should just shrug it off, you could even politely point out whatever mistake and how that person can correct it in the future. Personally looking down on a company for the mistake of one entry level employee who may not have all the experience yet and just made mistake won't get you anywhere. Plus do you really think that they can get a full staff of absolutely perfect staff for minimum wage?
well said
Dec 9, 2003
999 posts
1 upvote
Whenever I have a problem at McDonald's the manager will usually take my side. That's the way they are trained.

One time I was shortchanged a dollar and didnt realize it till i went back after I ate my cheeseburgers to get an apple pie. I told the lady at the cash that she had shortchanged me, and it was about 20 minutes earlier during lunch rush so I am not surprised that she didn't remember. Anyways, a manager walked by and asked me what the problem was and I told her and she immediately reached into the till and pulled out a dollar and handed it to me. No questions asked. She even smiled when she did it.
Jun 19, 2003
87 posts
17 upvotes
In atlantic canada I would email or call:
Drew Sadler
Operations Manager
Atlantic Canada McDonald
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12797 posts
3471 upvotes
[quote="WardRulez" post_id="9094631" time="1248020741" user_id="5076"]In atlantic canada I would email or call:
Drew Sadler
Operations Manager
Atlantic Canada McDonald
Banned
May 20, 2009
168 posts
WardRulez wrote: .

Well because of the title and subject of the post for one "Wanna file a complain to McDonald's?"
Thanks.
Feb 5, 2009
254 posts
WardRulez wrote: .

Well because of the title and subject of the post for one "Wanna file a complain to McDonald's?"
I hope after 4.5 years he's over the 2 cent turmoil
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3159 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto
RabidRabbit wrote: I hope after 4.5 years he's over the 2 cent turmoil
Not to mention OP is from GTA and the guy puts contact info for Atlantic Canada.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22169 posts
822 upvotes
Newmarket
if someone is still going to complain, please also tell them that they've ruined their crispy chocken deluxe sandwiches with those awful, bland, doughy "focaccia" style buns. Everytime I hear someone order them, its "on a quarter pounder bun, please"...myself and wife included.
May 27, 2011
1 posts
CALGARY
• I wait behind lady getting her order
• She gets her order and I wait and wait
• Then they open up a till two down from me and serve other customers
• So I go into the main line up and someone calls me to the till I was just at
• I order a cone and orange shake give the guy a 20
• Now he’s got no change ,he says he’ll wait for the girl two tills down to open her cash and we wait and wait
• Then he grabs some money and says he needs to go to the back
• All the while I see the so called manager running around fling fries and oil all over the place
• He comes back and then a few minutes later the manager comes over and gives him money out of a till
• Now I get my change
• He goes to get the cone , no cones I asked my daughter and she would like a cone, he’s says he’ll check in the back
• No cones
• Mean while I see this girl working the drive thru take two mcflurries and LICK one of them across the top pretty much in front of the manager I could not believe it, I thought maybe she made them for herself…NO she serves them out the drive thru
• Someone puts my shake on the counter so I grab it and taste it, it is plain vanilla , white, not orange…no lid
• The guy comes back and I tell him you guys are so disorganized…yeah well the truck is here /..so what
• I tell him there is no orange in it ,, he is like yeah we ran out
• Now the manager comes over finally to help
• Give me the cone in a cup and a chocolate shake I say
• I open a pile of lids left on the counter and put one on the vanilla shake
• The cones were on top of the machine all along so she gives me a cone
• I leave , the chocolate shake is like water
• You can’t make this up

I go to the McDonald’s at 130 ave like maybe once in four or five months and the service is always like this.

I’ll not be going back there again.
Jun 10, 2011
1 posts
CALGARY
Today I ordered 2x Hotcake Happy Meals for my children. Usually I pay $8.17 today I was charged $11.83. When I queried why the price was so different from usual, the girl (Mailing) answered that that was how they did it. I told her the milk and cookies were included in the cost (Cookies instead of a toy) she said they were not, they were merely discounted and that I still had to pay $1.68 for the cookies and $2.58 for the milk. Anyway I asked her to void it and ring it up correctly all the while she was rolling her eyes to heaven, huffing and puffing and with a raised voice, embarrassing me in front of the people behind me in the line up. Eventually, after I called another cashier over, she re-rang it and refunded me the overcharged $3.01. How many other people would have complained and then stood their ground whilst being humiliated and verbally bullied in front of everyone else?
One of the other staff members said she always behaves like that, even with the other staff members, but shame, she is heavily pregnant. My response is..... Do not accept bad treatment from anyone in the customer service, no matter his or her 'excuse'. I could have accepted it if an apology went hand in had with the explanation, BUT I too have been pregnant and if I do wrong, I apologize. This Mailing should get a stern talking to and McDonald's STOP allowing your staff to overcharge, as this is not an uncommon complaint. Also, if you are going to have obnoxious people working on your front line, give them people skill training, your customers do not have to put up with such bad treatment, there are many fast food outlets, don't make us choose because of continual bad service......
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12797 posts
3471 upvotes
Sounds like a lot of incompetence in Calgary McDonald's locations lately.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
I got great service from a McD's recently. (Port Union & 401 in Toronto) The cashier was trying to be helpful when as part of the order I asked for a bunch of Junior chickens for the kids with separate small fries and a large drink, and I told him it would be cheaper if he entered them separately due to the summer drink promo. He didn't believe me and rang it in his way. Oh well.
When the total popped up, I said it appeared too high, and so he called over a manager who asked me to pay, go eat, and he'd recalculate the numbers and give me the difference, if any. He did that a few minutes later when he came over to my table. $2.43. LOL. Kind of embarassing that the difference was only that small, but wow, what amazing customer service.
I decided to reward them on the way out with an order for several sundaes and apple pies, and my wife and I agreed this location easily deserves our repeat business.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9290 posts
3150 upvotes
Mississauga
I went thru the McDs drive-thru at HWY 27 and Carrier Drive with two 1/2 price off Salad Coupons (I was picking up lunch for myself and a colleague).

The coupon stipulates one coupon per customer per order. So, I asked the the girl at drive-thru if she can ring the orders in separately. She said 'no, its not allowed'.

So, I asked her if I can purchase one salad with the coupon, and then come back thru the drive-thru to place the second order with the other coupon. The girl said 'yes, that can be done'. :facepalm:
So, I then asked her again if I can just place two separate orders. She had no choice but to say 'yes' this time.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
McDonald's did a huge wave of hiring a few months ago and I guess they did not bothered to ask potential candidates if they know how to make change correctly. :lol:
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13051 posts
3737 upvotes
Yeah I used to work at McDs and some ppl are just 'special"

Not me though, I was fab and was and flawless :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
how about cutting people some slack?
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9290 posts
3150 upvotes
Mississauga
slowtyper wrote: removed
How rude!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)