Food & Drink

Wanna file a complaint to McDonald's?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 2:24 am
Tags:
None
Aug 9, 2012
1 posts
not in Peterborough...they don't give receipts there for some reason. they just throw them away in front of u

aeolus811tw wrote: you can call the manager of the McD specifically to handle that situation.
McD cashier is required to hand the receipt over to the customer either on hand or in the bag.
and if they missed orders, it's likely that midnight shift employees are slacking off because midnight shift is fairly boring unless you are at one of those McD with high number of customers at any given hour.
I remembered when there is a customer wanted to talk to manager about any given dispute, my manager would just cave in because she did not want to escalate the problem to the corporate level.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
aeolus811tw wrote: you can call the manager of the McD specifically to handle that situation.
McD cashier is required to hand the receipt over to the customer either on hand or in the bag.
and if they missed orders, it's likely that midnight shift employees are slacking off because midnight shift is fairly boring unless you are at one of those McD with high number of customers at any given hour.
I remembered when there is a customer wanted to talk to manager about any given dispute, my manager would just cave in because she did not want to escalate the problem to the corporate level.
Out of the 5 times I went there I've gotten 1 receipt and MAYBE 2.
The place Is not always busy but when I make an order there Is ALWAYS someone behind me!

I was just hoping to send them an email but they don't have customer support through email so they've saved themselves a rant email LOL. Can't be bothered to call!
May 23, 2011
215 posts
58 upvotes
NORTH YORK
it is McD policy to give receipt to customer as part of the employee training for cashier.
even mystery shopper will look for whether they received a receipt or not and deduct the restaurant's score if not getting it. (it is good to go early in the month because mystery shopper might not have finished that month's checking and the services will generally be better, after 17th ~ 21st of the month you can expect a great deduction in the services and the quality of the food.
also if you don't go during prime time (morning 6 - 8, lunch 11 ~ 2, dinner 7 ~ 9) they will know you are not a mystery shopper and might slack off on your orders.

most customers I know don't bother wanting to get receipt, and that might create bad habit in those cashiers. If you really want one, they have to give it to you. Whether a reprint or the original receipt.
also if the cashier does not have a long line up, it is still considered not busy regardless.

and one major tip: like the above old post by eiad77. Even tho the cashier should have already know how to use promotions at the til, but many cashiers don't bother trying to learn it like that poster. Hence, you might sometime get charged for more than what you should've been charged with. Request for receipt if you don't have one and check how cashier input it.

a meal would have reg priced fries n' drink + discounted burger.
a buy A get B free promotion should have 2nd item marked as free.
a two-can-dine deal should have a specific deal marking beside the burger with fries and drink remain in reg prices
a buy burger make a meal free promote should have reg priced burger with free fries n' drink.

many time I've seen people say items in a meal one by one and the cashier just put them as standalone items, which will generally cost 3 ~ 4$ more on avg for lunch menu and 2 ~ 4$ more for breakfast.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
aeolus811tw wrote: it is McD policy to give receipt to customer as part of the employee training for cashier.
even mystery shopper will look for whether they received a receipt or not and deduct the restaurant's score if not getting it.

most customers I know don't bother wanting to get receipt, and that might create bad habit in those cashiers. If you really want one, they have to give it to you. Whether a reprint or the original receipt.
also if the cashier does not have a long line up, it is still considered not busy regardless.

and one major tip: like the above old post by eiad77. Even tho the cashier should have already know how to use promotions at the til, but many cashiers don't bother trying to learn it like that poster. Hence, you might sometime get charged for more than what you should've been charged with. Request for receipt if you don't have one and check how cashier input it.

a meal would have reg priced fries n' drink + discounted burger.
a buy A get B free promotion should have 2nd item marked as free.
a two-can-dine deal should have a specific deal marking beside the burger with fries and drink remain in reg prices
a buy burger make a meal free promote should have reg priced burger with free fries n' drink.

many time I've seen people say items in a meal one by one and the cashier just put them as standalone items, which will generally cost 3 ~ 4$ more on avg for lunch menu and 2 ~ 4$ more for breakfast.
I buy stuff that doesn't involve coupons but I get what you are saying.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1477 posts
479 upvotes
I called and emailed the MTL number a couple of times without any people answering or responding back about an issue I keep having lately with MCD's drive-thrus. Besides the usual errors they make, which happens quite often, the most frustrating thing is when you order a meal with a large french fries, the so-called large portion is usualy the same or LESS than a normal portion. Here is one untouched portion of fries I got several weeks ago below. It's usual to have this kind of "large fries" when ordering from drive-through, since most people won't bother with checking their fries amount, MCD can get away easily. You can bet that this won't fly IN the MCD since it's much easier to complain when eating inside.

[IMG]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m371/d33ns/Mcd.jpg[/IMG]
-
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
I've seen this at my local McDonald's once too.

Did you talk to the Manager or Supervisor? That evening I brought it up to the attention of the Supervisor, he just said they were understaffed that night and would get someone to clean it all up later in the evening.

I didn't stick around long enough to find out if he did stay true to his word. But your McDonald's situation seems worst!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
belmichel wrote: Hi, I noticed that, unlike the US counterpart, there are no email services for McDonald's Canadian restaurant comments and/or complaints so I’m posting this here.

I wish to share a frightening situation my family and I witnessed at the 2040, BOUL. LABELLE ,SAINT-JÉRÔME QC J7Y 1S4 restaurant last Wednesday evening on July 10, 2013 around 23h00, a scene far beyond anything I’ve ever encountered in ANY restaurant.

The restaurant was in TOTAL disarray. When I questioned the cashier (along with some of the other customers being served), Xxxxx (nametag) simply shrugged it off without any comments, explanations or apologies.

Basically, a large number of tables were dirty, some with filled cabarets, the garbage cans were ALL flooded with visible garbage (see pictures), there was food on the floor, on the kitchen floor as well (by the boxes in picture), there were open boxes on the ground in the kitchen (see picture) that employees were jumping over to circulate, there was a broom lying on the floor in the kitchen (see picture) that the manager (according to her different uniform) hopped over at least a dozen times while we were waiting for our food... What a mess!!! We decided to eat in the car that night (and avoid the washrooms).

I’m providing a few of the pictures we took to illustrate. I am only a monthly basis customer but I would like to know why the staff seemed unaffected by this situation. It was not particularly busy in the restaurant; there were at most 5 customers already inside and another 5 at the counter for the duration (long) of our waiting time.

I called the Toronto head office and they told me (CS) that they don’t want anything to do with this at the corporate level. They don’t want the pictures and they confirmed that they don’t have any EMAILS setup (maybe in the future...). Their proposal is that they would contact the franchise owner and he will contact me... So the person hopping over the boxes might call me!!! How irresponsible...

Boxes and food on the ground (Apple pie?) :
[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/269 ... 20food.jpg[/IMG]

A Broom on the ground which the staff jumped over for the duration of our wait at the counter... :
[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/269 ... /Broom.jpg[/IMG]

Garbage galore:
[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/269 ... rbage1.jpg[/IMG]

More Garbage :

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/269 ... rbage2.jpg[/IMG]

PS. Sorry for large image size :(
it's a fastfood restaurant. they get busy. it will not be impeccable every single moment of the day. move on.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
At 11:00pm if a McDonalds looked like that I would assume they were understaffed all day and pumping out orders...if its not 24h they would clean up the whole place when it closes.

If it didnt take long to get your order you will know the priority was on your food at that time before the restaurant conditions, not saying conditions aren't important.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Sep 22, 2011
18 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
I had the same problem with large Fries too, they sometime even smaller the medium and it happen at the counter over three different stores.

Also, please be very careful, when you order a McDeal i.e. Junior Chicken or Mc Double then order fries and $1Dollar large coke, they always make it a combo and charge your drink full price instead of a Dollar. Then when you ask them, they will say it is the right price until you tell them to cancel the order and order again one item at a time!!

2nd problem, everytime you ask them how much they will charge to sub you drink with large coke in the $1Dollar coke promotion period, they cannot give you an answer NOTE, NOT ASKING FOR TOTAL, JUST THE EXTRA FOR SUB THE DRINK. Don't believe me? try it yourself!! Be very careful, if you order breakfast combo and they ask you what drink do you want, if you tell them coke, they will charge you the price for the combo + you coke in reg price without giving you the coffee which it suppose to come with it. Don't border to ask them why, never one person able to answer that question straight cut. Again, until you cancel the order and order a breakfast combo, then order a $1 dollar coke the throw you coffee away or give it to other people inline and look at the price difference.

McDonalds is Scams and they don't even list item price on their menu panel.

Brunch of scammers!!!
Jan 5, 2014
1 posts
McDonald

They sold me a salad on Date 06-Jan-2014 & Time: 20:25:57, I brought it home and after eating little bit we realize that it feels expired and we turned it back it clearly said Best Before Jan 05, 06 AM. I took it back to the Branch and what I was told on the counter on in a very rude and stubborn way :

"this is how it is supposed to smell" when I showed them the sticker saying the expiry as "Best Before Jan 05, 06 AM". I was told that "it could be wrong sticker that's all and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused"

This behavior and tone has caused so much agony and pain to me. On top of it there is no email address or toll free number 24/7 on your bill where I can register my complain except a number on your website which works only in business hours( (514) 421-4881). Which means tomorrow again: I have to call your customer service number in business hours and possibly bear an equally rude customer service agent.

This is very sad that we get such a pathetic customer service from fast food chain which is considered to be the best for its "QUALITY AND FRESHNESS".

Mcdonalds is a very very pathetic place, me and my family will never ever go there.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
AdilSaed1983 wrote: McDonald

They sold me a salad on Date 06-Jan-2014 & Time: 20:25:57, I brought it home and after eating little bit we realize that it feels expired and we turned it back it clearly said Best Before Jan 05, 06 AM. I took it back to the Branch and what I was told on the counter on in a very rude and stubborn way :

"this is how it is supposed to smell" when I showed them the sticker saying the expiry as "Best Before Jan 05, 06 AM". I was told that "it could be wrong sticker that's all and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused"

This behavior and tone has caused so much agony and pain to me. On top of it there is no email address or toll free number 24/7 on your bill where I can register my complain except a number on your website which works only in business hours( (514) 421-4881). Which means tomorrow again: I have to call your customer service number in business hours and possibly bear an equally rude customer service agent.

This is very sad that we get such a pathetic customer service from fast food chain which is considered to be the best for its "QUALITY AND FRESHNESS".

Mcdonalds is a very very pathetic place, me and my family will never ever go there.
:) I think someone needs to learn the difference between the two.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A

ya, right.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2447 posts
239 upvotes
Brampton

Did they hit you? This is a very serious matter!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
toeknee89 wrote: Did they hit you? This is a very serious matter!
i believe his soul was bruised.
tis an eternal gift that will keep on giving 'til doom.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
No, no. Food does expire. If you're up late at night, open the fridge and listen. You can hear a subtle *pop* as food expires at midnight.

Best Before is a guideline and does not mean your food as suddenly gone bad if that date has passed. There is also nothing to say that products cannot be sold after the best before date has passed. Always be sure to check what you buy if unsure.

McDonalds should probably not be selling food that's been sitting about for a few days, but they are still within their right to do so. It's not something to get that worked up about. Lodge your complaint, they'll send you some coupons. Then...move on.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
It's 2 pennies, which they even gave back, what's the problem?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely

I nominate this for post of the year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)