Hot Deals

Locked: [Public Mobile] Warm: $10 off for 6m & 5GB one time on $40+ plans with RBC Offers

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 8:01 pm
[OP]
Apr 25, 2011
27 posts
6 upvotes
YVR

Warm: $10 off for 6m & 5GB one time on $40+ plans with RBC Offers

Deal Link:
Savings:
60$
Expiry:
September 30, 2019
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Found this in RBC offers:

From now until September 30, 2019, receive $10 off the first 6 months on monthly rate plans of $40 or higher in addition to a one-time 5GB bonus data add-on using the link and promo code below.

How it works

Use this promo code at checkout. RBCREWARDS
Pay with one of the following RBC cards: RBC Rewards+ (maybe other cards work too)

Terms:
*This offer is not transferable. To take advantage of this offer and receive $10 off the first 6 months and a free 5GB data add-on (“Discount”), you must: (i) sign up for a monthly rate plan of $40 or higher with Public Mobile (“Qualifying Plan”) online at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer between July 2, 2019 and September 30, 2019, inclusively (“Offer Period”); (ii) enter or mention the promotional code “RBCREWARDS” before completing the purchase of your Qualifying Plan; (iii) pay using one of the eligible RBC Royal Bank credit card(s) shown on this page (“Eligible RBC Credit Card”). This offer cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, and cannot be applied retroactively to previous plan purchases. This offer is not available at retail locations. This offer applies only to new account activations. A one-time activation fee per line applies. Taxes are not included and the account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost of each month’s plan. Compatible device required. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wirele ... zation.pdf. This offer and its associated terms and conditions are provided by Public Mobile, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), and are available at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans ... lsrc=aw.ds. Public Mobile, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), is responsible for all terms and conditions applicable to your Qualifying Purchase Plan and associated services. RBC and Public Mobile reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time. For more details on the RBC Offers program, please visit rbc.com/offers.
Share:
33 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1712 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
On RBC’s site it seems to say that only the Signature Rewards Card is eligible.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3185 posts
2569 upvotes
Muskoka
This would be fairly hot if it didn't have the RBC condition. I am pretty sure that the RBC card is only required for the initial payment and you can switch payments a few days later after you get the bonus. I suppose you could always find a friend with RBC card and pay them back.

In the verbiage I saw "A one-time activation fee per line applies" What is that all about??
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jan 16, 2004
692 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
This is similar to past promotions. Not bad, but nothing outstanding. Add on a referral on sign up for $10 and it’s a decent plan to use for a couple of months. By then another deal should come up.

Edit: my bad, yes it’s $10 referral right now.
Last edited by protege2k on Jul 6th, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5014 posts
358 upvotes
protege2k wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 10:11 am
This is similar to past promotions. Not bad, but nothing outstanding. Add on a referral on sign up for $25 and it’s a decent plan to use for a couple of months. By then another deal should come up.
I thought the referral bonus was only $10?
I’m waiting for a promo where it goes up to $25 again to sign up.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1081 posts
1219 upvotes
Thanks for sharing.

The terms of the promotion on the Public Mobile site say absolutely nothing about requiring the new Public Mobile customer needing to be a Royal Bank customer, only that the promo code be entered during activation. As such, I would hold Public Mobile to those terms. But honestly, although I have no inside information about how this promotion works, I am very skeptical of whether the payment system would be able to tie a promotion to the issuer of the payment card. I know what the Royal Bank site is saying, but they're not the ones giving the discount or the 5GB one-time bonus.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Jul 6th, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1081 posts
1219 upvotes
Arrow wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 2:17 am
I thought the referral bonus was only $10?
I’m waiting for a promo where it goes up to $25 again to sign up.
The credit for being referred is $10 (and only the new customer receives this). There is no $25 referral credit currently.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1081 posts
1219 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 7:53 am
This would be fairly hot if it didn't have the RBC condition. I am pretty sure that the RBC card is only required for the initial payment and you can switch payments a few days later after you get the bonus. I suppose you could always find a friend with RBC card and pay them back.

In the verbiage I saw "A one-time activation fee per line applies" What is that all about??
My guess would be that is leftover from when RBC used to push Talk and Save as a cellular service option. They likely forgot to remove that condition from the ad.
Feb 27, 2007
331 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
pmcd wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 1:47 am
On RBC’s site it seems to say that only the Signature Rewards Card is eligible.
I'm confused. So only require RBC credit card to make 1st payment. Reward+ card, Signature Rewards Card or any RBC CC?
Thanks in advance!
Jun 1, 2002
508 posts
51 upvotes
Does the autopay discount stack on top of this?
Feb 27, 2007
331 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, autopay discount does stack on top of this. Nice weekend!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10468 posts
9632 upvotes
PM is a prepaid service. There is no contract. You can leave anytime.
$40 - $10/m for 6 months - $2 autopay = $28/30 days for 5GB data.
It is the cheapest market plan with 5GB data for $28 ATM.
Although thread title says this is a warm deal, I think it is a hot deal for 6 months.
The $10 referral credit will pay for your SIM card.
After 6 months, you can switch to another provider around Christmas time.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2737 posts
164 upvotes
The previous offer was better. $10 off $30 plan or higher for 6 months and $25 referral for each person and no hitch to it. I wonder if it will come back again.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10468 posts
9632 upvotes
rain wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
The previous offer was better. $10 off $30 plan or higher for 6 months and $25 referral for each person and no hitch to it. I wonder if it will come back again.
Last $25/$25 referral promo was ended 31 March.
I am still waiting for it to come back
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1081 posts
1219 upvotes
Publicmobile.ca has been updated to show the following terms and conditions:
Step 1: Choose your plan

Step 2: Order your SIM

Step 3: Activate online and enter promo code RBCREWARDS

Disclaimer:
Effective July 2 2019 until September 30, 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online using the promo code.

Customer must pay using an eligible RBC rewards credit card. Including RBC Rewards+ VISA, RBC Signature Rewards+ VISA, and RBC Rewards VISA Gold.

¹ $10 off for 6 months and 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $40/month or greater. Bonus data remains on account until fully used but will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)