Expired Hot Deals

Warm: Hydro One -- Fridge retirement program :: Get 30 bucks!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2006 2:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 3, 2006
360 posts
10 upvotes

Warm: Hydro One -- Fridge retirement program :: Get 30 bucks!

This is actually quite interesting and may be a good case to buy a newer fridge or throw out that REALLY old one in your parents' basement. It also helps the power grid so that we don't have to pay more or suffer outages!

From the site:

Retire that old inefficient fridge and
start saving money on your electricity
bills today!
Take advantage of free in-home
pickup and recycling
39 replies
Jan 19, 2003
333 posts
1 upvote
Anyone know what the definition of "Multi-residential buildings do not qualify" means?

Do individual condo-owners qualify?

Update: Looks like no.... The FAQ states "The refrigerator must be located in a single dwelling home, townhouse, or four-plex building."

And, it looks like the program is only available in Barrie, Mississauga, Timmins, Kingston, St. Catharines, Windsor, and the Hamilton/Niagara Region (http://www.refrigeratorretirement.com/)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6616 posts
631 upvotes
I think here in QC/Montreal we got a similar program but it's 75 bucks :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8597 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
i don't get it

so pretty much they just recycle your old fridge for you?...you dont' need to buy a new one asap? just let them take this old one?

this is sooo good cuz i'm renovating my kitchen next friday..gonna get a new fridge etc.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11106 posts
916 upvotes
Kanata
CHINAdeals wrote:i don't get it

so pretty much they just recycle your old fridge for you?...you dont' need to buy a new one asap? just let them take this old one?

this is sooo good cuz i'm renovating my kitchen next friday..gonna get a new fridge etc.
I don't believe so. The only real requirement as I understood it was that the fridge needs to have the motor running. It doesn't need to "work". I am going through the same thing at this time. Just need to verify that the fridge I replaced will turn on (which i'm sure it does).
Mar 16, 2005
42 posts
Daijoubu wrote:I think here in QC/Montreal we got a similar program but it's 75 bucks :D
What is it ? Sounds nice
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2002
1571 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Anyone know when the deal expires? We are renovating our home but it will take a while till it completed.
ZERO-TYPE Forums - An Anime, Art Book, Figures forum :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6616 posts
631 upvotes
Here's the website for the similar program in Montreal
http://www.econofrigo.com

75$ to first "1000 customers"
You have to enter the first half of your postal code to see if you're elegible, available in the following area:

Arrondissement Le Sud-Ouest
City of Montreal West
City of Hampstead
City of C
Dec 3, 2005
914 posts
168 upvotes
Scarborough
damn! just bought a new fridge from the brick two weeks ago and had to pay them $30 for "remove and recycle" fee.
Jun 17, 2004
494 posts
Thanks OP but I only have an old stove :-( Is there a similar program for old stove?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1453 posts
170 upvotes
I believe BC Hydro has a similar program, don't remember if it's $30 or $40 back and free pickup
× < >