Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

WARM - JBL 8" Powered Subwoofer - PB8 - $99 @ A&B Sound

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2006 10:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3129 posts
1289 upvotes

WARM - JBL 8" Powered Subwoofer - PB8 - $99 @ A&B Sound

Just looking thru the newest Flyer...shows this Sub is going on for $99 Starting March 16. It says in the flyer regular $250, which is what BB and FS were charging for it last year....just looking at their sites, don't appear to have it anymore.

This is a great little sub...I bought one a year ago for the same price and don't have any compaints. I am thinking about going to buy another for downstairs.

Here is a link to ABsound.ca online flyer...it is the old flyer still posted (as off 1537 hrs march 15)...I am sure it will be updated tomorrow. It is just mentioned in a little blurb on Pg 5.

http://content.absound.ca/flyer/flyer.pdf
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1041 posts
64 upvotes
Quebec
I bought 1 of these for $29.99 from FS when they had them on sale at X-MAS. Helluva a deal!
Jul 6, 2004
774 posts
3 upvotes
Halifax
I just saw the first few words of the title. I was hoping it was the 29.99 I missed out. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3129 posts
1289 upvotes
martianmarvin wrote:I bought 1 of these for $29.99 from FS when they had them on sale at X-MAS. Helluva a deal!
WOW...I never saw that...that is a great fricken deal...makes this look kinda wiennie
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
I cud never forget when I saw that and I said i'll pass, and let someone else have it cuz I already got one, then 2 days after my sub blows > :(
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3378 posts
303 upvotes
Sherbrooke
martianmarvin wrote:I bought 1 of these for $29.99 from FS when they had them on sale at X-MAS. Helluva a deal!
well, you must be the only one to get it then.. Lucky.
Nov 30, 2005
605 posts
19 upvotes
Nowhere
where you the guy to get it in store on boxing day? i think the concensus was that they never had stock online. It was supposed to be a web excusive, but i recall someone finding one in a store.
Dec 13, 2005
222 posts
Waterloo
terrible sub, got one free from FS with my centre speaker. Wouldn't pay any more than $29 for it :|
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3830 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
peterk wrote:terrible sub, got one free from FS with my centre speaker. Wouldn't pay any more than $29 for it :|
I think you are expecting too much from an 8 inch subwoofer
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3129 posts
1289 upvotes
peterk wrote:terrible sub, got one free from FS with my centre speaker. Wouldn't pay any more than $29 for it :|
Ya, care to elaborate?
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

Feb 19, 2006
378 posts
39 upvotes
Thorold
i tried a pair of these in my theatre room at christmas and was a little underwhelmed. i realize they are only 8 inchers but i thought they would have produced a little more oomph. the bass was reasonable but there was no thump at all , which is what you need in a home theatre situation. i ended up with a hsu ( i know it's not a fair comparison , chevy vs bmw ) but the difference was night and day . my advice would be to save your money and buy a sub from a dedicated sub manufacturer ( hsu or svs for example ). long story short , i think the jbls are not nearly enough for real home theatre duty.
Jan 27, 2005
88 posts
5 upvotes
Saskatoon
renoboy wrote:i think the jbls are not nearly enough for real home theatre duty.
JBL speakers are used in around 70% of movie theaters worldwide.

Its a smaller sub so it's not going to fill a big room. But it also depends on what speakers you are matching it with (bookshelf/towers and what frequency response they have), cables you use, and where you place it in the room. The biggest part is your ears, everyones are different, and not everyone is going to like the same speakers. You'll never know if they're right for you until you're sitting in your living room listening to it. Talk to a good speaker guy and he'll ask you about what you have, and where you're going to put it, and what you're going to do with it, and he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

In the end no one on a forum is going to be able to tell you how this sub will work for you, renoboy could be a bass freak who isn't happy until his walls are shaking, peterk said it was bad but with no explaination that has no meaning whatsoever. Sorry for the rant, I just hate when people spout off about something that is subjective to personal taste like speakers :D
Feb 19, 2006
378 posts
39 upvotes
Thorold
just to clarify , i tried these subs in my theatre in many different positions with many different settings and couldn't get decent bass from them. i agree that sound is very subjective and i would never claim to be an expert , all i was trying to say is that if you were looking for the type of bass that most people expect in a theatre room you would likely be disappointed [ as i was , and i was trying two ]. on the other hand , as soon as i set up my hsu i was extremely happy , so not really running the jbls down just trying to help describe what you might expect. i also paid 99 dollars for these and decided after much listening that they weren't worth the money , my 631 dollar hsu however i deemed to be an amazing bargain and anyone who has heard it agrees completely. funny sometimes what we can consider a bargain , six times the price ten times the value , again just my two cents , hope it helps .
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
Point here is for a $99 sub, you'd be hard pressed to get a better sounding unit for the price. If you are looking to fill a larger seating area, you will need more than one of these or a bigger sub unless you are willing to compromise volume levels.

That being said, 2 of these along with 4 polk audio R30s and 4 R15s sound just right in my medium sized room.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
I got one of these for free at a FS sale awhile back... free with any JBL speaker purchase. It, along with the open-box JBL all-weather speakers I got make a great setup for my computer audio, hooked to an old amp.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
flame02 wrote:I think you are expecting too much from an 8 inch subwoofer

I hit 132 db with one 8 inch sub in my car... size is likely the least of the problems, for instance logitech z-2200,2300, z 640's are all 8's and they can all fill a room.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)