Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

~Warm~ WalMart Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwhich Maker $19.88

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2013 5:34 am
Tags:
None
Feb 13, 2004
834 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal

[Walmart] ~Warm~ WalMart Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwhich Maker $19.88

Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sanwhich Maker for $19.88 at Walmart (sold out online). Not that big of a discount, average price online is $25, but being sub $20 is what convinced me to give it a shot.

Reviews on Amazon.com are surprisingly very positive:
9 replies
Sep 20, 2013
263 posts
20 upvotes
This is a terrible machine and not very effective to boot. I saw a video of it and basically, it's a mess to clean up and redundant for what it does. Contrary to the idea of seamless operation, it is anything but.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
This thing is massive. I can't imagine having this in the kitchen lol
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
TheManWithoutAName wrote: This is a terrible machine and not very effective to boot. I saw a video of it and basically, it's a mess to clean up and redundant for what it does. Contrary to the idea of seamless operation, it is anything but.
Wow that egg mcmuffin came out kinda crappy, in my opinion.

I got this egg toaster thing from a Dempster's promotion a couple years ago for like $17:
http://www.amazon.ca/West-Bend-TEM500W- ... le_kitchen

I don't eat egg mcmuffins much, but I have used it a few times and they turn out WAY better than that one in the video did.
Sep 20, 2013
263 posts
20 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Wow that egg mcmuffin came out kinda crappy, in my opinion.

I got this egg toaster thing from a Dempster's promotion a couple years ago for like $17:

I don't eat egg mcmuffins much, but I have used it a few times and they turn out WAY better than that one in the video did.
Does that thing broil cook an egg in its shell?

Interesting design.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
BobSagget wrote: Wow that egg mcmuffin came out kinda crappy, in my opinion.

I bought this one from Home Hardware last year, we use it quite a bit.

http://www.amazon.ca/West-Bend-TEM4500W ... B008LTIYN2

Similar to yours except it doubles everything yours has. (4 slices, 2 skillets)

Great appliance.
TheManWithoutAName wrote: Does that thing broil cook an egg in its shell?

Interesting design.
Check out the images in my link. There is places to put the eggs in, but I have never done it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
I have one of these and I love it. It is NOT large or hard to clean as some people have commented.

Cooks the egg in 4 to 5 mins. You crack it into the top layer of the machine and break the yolk with a fork. Large size eggs work best.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
TheManWithoutAName wrote: Does that thing broil cook an egg in its shell?

Interesting design.
Yep, it also makes hard and soft boiled eggs. It uses steam to cook the egg. You fill the bottom with a measured portion of water.
Sep 20, 2013
263 posts
20 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Yep, it also makes hard and soft boiled eggs. It uses steam to cook the egg. You fill the bottom with a measured portion of water.
Haha, cool beans.

After thinking about it (very briefly, honest!), this is catered towards lazy people. It's a convenience appliance.

The ultimate lazy appliance would be to buy a house next to a McDonalds but then you'd be smelling that 24/7.

I use to live atop a Pizza place. Needless to say I hated pizza for a long, long time.

Sorry for going offing a tangerine....
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
370 upvotes
This unit sucks.

Its so awkward to use, I think it is much more practical to use a frying pan and toaster because it takes forever to make even one sandwich using this machine and you can (according to instructions) only make your eggs with a punctured yolk.

Realistically this is probably okay for a single person who doesn't eat very much.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)