Tags:
None
[OP]
May 21, 2006
270 posts
7 upvotes

[Bell] Warn? Bell Mobility Customer Retention Plan

Hi Guys,

Have a Bell Mobility cell phone, my contract was ended in December. Tried the “I want to cancel trick” which I saw posted on here before, so that i can see what they offered.

Told Emily (the automated answering service), to “Cancel Bell Mobility”. This put me through to the retention group. I think these guys have more "power" than regular customer service staff.

Told the girl that answered I wanted to cancel, and she offered me:

The “Mobile 25” plan for $22.50 (+$9.70 SAC) on a 2 year contract. This is what I get:

Unlimited local incoming calls
100 day time minutes
1000 Night & Weekend (starts at 6pm for the first 1 year, 9pm for the 2nd year)
Caller ID (for term of contract)
Voicemail server (for term of contract)
$150 towards another phone
Call Waiting
Conference Calling

Sub-Total: $32.2
Tax: $4.50

Total: $36.70

I did this at the beginning of January, and got my first bill few days ago and it was as the girl had promised. Can you believe it? No screw ups :-0

Hope this helps,
-klad007-
126 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3098 posts
441 upvotes
Vancouver
thats not too bad.

Yeah my contract ended (on a corp plan) $30 inclusive.

Includes
200 daytime min
unlimited evenings and weekends (starting from 6pm)
caller ID
call forward
Voice mail

Want to get a new phone but they would let me resign on the corp plan i have because it doenst exist. the new corp plan is almost $10 more for the same plan I currently have.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8597 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
hesp wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 9:50 pm
thats not too bad.

Yeah my contract ended (on a corp plan) $30 inclusive.

Includes
200 daytime min
unlimited evenings and weekends (starting from 6pm)
caller ID
call forward
Voice mail

Want to get a new phone but they would let me resign on the corp plan i have because it doenst exist. the new corp plan is almost $10 more for the same plan I currently have.
did you get it as a 'credit' for a certain period of time?

or continuing on that plan til you cancel
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3098 posts
441 upvotes
Vancouver
im still on the plan right now; its the best deal out there from what I can see
Oct 20, 2004
793 posts
45 upvotes
Coquitlam
Every provider has this sort of plan, YMMV depending on the CSR you get.

I was able to get from Telus:

250 daytime
Unlimited E&W @ 6pm
100 text messages
Call Waiting/Forwarding/Conference
Caller ID
Voice Mail 3
Detailed Billing
$250 phone credit

$30/month + SAF + Tax.

$42.38
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2127 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
klad007 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 9:45 pm

I did this at the beginning of January, and got my first bill few days ago and it was as the girl had promised. Can you believe it? No screw ups :-0

Hope this helps,
wait in a few months... :lol:
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26843 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Congratulations!!! Looks like you inadvertently became the owner of the Bell Retention thread :) .

Good starter Retention plan for sure. Enjoy it!
Bravo.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Aug 8, 2006
102 posts
3 upvotes
tmash wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 10:05 pm
Every provider has this sort of plan, YMMV depending on the CSR you get.

I was able to get from Telus:

250 daytime
Unlimited E&W @ 6pm
100 text messages
Call Waiting/Forwarding/Conference
Caller ID
Voice Mail 3
Detailed Billing
$250 phone credit

$30/month + SAF + Tax.

$42.38
This isn't the same plan that hesp is talking about. I think he is talking about a corp plan ($30 + tax) ... no SAF (ie. it is included).

I think it is the same as mine ... I have the following ...

200 mins
100 mins CDN LD
Free Weekends and Evenings (from 6pm)
Unlimited Mobile Browser
Call Display
Call Waiting, Forwarding, Conf. Calling
Detailed Billing
Message Centre Express
for $30+tax

This is equivalent to $20+SAF+tax
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1218 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I have this plan too - any idea what will happen when the term ends? I am guessing automatically we will lose the bonus features - call display, 100 min, etc... but I really have no idea. I hope they just let me keep it as is, but I doubt it.
vsj54 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 10:57 pm
This isn't the same plan that hesp is talking about. I think he is talking about a corp plan ($30 + tax) ... no SAF (ie. it is included).

200 mins
100 mins CDN LD
Unlimited Mobile Browser
Call Display
Detailed Billing
Message Centre Express
for $30+tax

[#[_]#]
[+[_]::]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3098 posts
441 upvotes
Vancouver
(Bean) wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 11:38 pm
I have this plan too - any idea what will happen when the term ends? I am guessing automatically we will lose the bonus features - call display, 100 min, etc... but I really have no idea. I hope they just let me keep it as is, but I doubt it.
Apparently they are suppose to send you a letter saying that your contract is going to be over soon (30 days) and that the plan you have no longer exists and then they will charge you the new rate/plan.
Dec 15, 2005
468 posts
27 upvotes
Bell gave me this last year to keep me with them. Had to sign for two years.

200 minutes
Evenings after 6PM and weekends free
Call Display
Message Centre
Call Forwarding/waiting/3way/etc
Mobile Browser lite
Detailed billing

For $20.00 + $9.70 SAF + tax = $33.84 a month.
[OP]
May 21, 2006
270 posts
7 upvotes
themanfromvlad wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 11:48 pm
Bell gave me this last year to keep me with them. Had to sign for two years.

200 minutes
Evenings after 6PM and weekends free
Call Display
Message Centre
Call Forwarding/waiting/3way/etc
Mobile Browser lite
Detailed billing

For $20.00 + $9.70 SAF + tax = $33.84 a month.

these plans are all good, but i think best feature of the plan I got offered was unlimited incoming. mind you there is 100 less day mins but whatever..
-klad007-
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
Back in October I was offered:

$20 per month + SAF + Taxes

200 Daytime Minutes
Evenings and Weekend from 6:00pm for entire term
Call ID
Voicemail
Unlimited Mobile Browser
Call Waiting, Conferencing, 3 Way Calling

They called me back to offer this to me after they had turned me down for this kind of offer on three occasions. I had already signed with Telus, and I am happy with the plan I am on now.

Just remember, Bell customer service is horrible so don't get discouraged if the first, second, third agents don't assist you. If you have been a good customer they will eventually try to keep you around.
Oct 20, 2004
793 posts
45 upvotes
Coquitlam
vsj54 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2007 10:57 pm

200 mins
100 mins CDN LD
Unlimited Mobile Browser
Call Display
Detailed Billing
Message Centre Express
for $30+tax

I wasn't talking about hesp's plan, I was talking about the OP's retention plan. Every provider has some sort of retention plan, the trick is to be lucky enough to get a leniant CSR, some of them will give you everything you want and even suggest extra stuff for free, while as others won't give you anything other than a standard plan.

When I called Telus, I said I wanted to cancel because I was paying way too much monthly ($80/month when my plan was only $25/month) due to overages every month and also my phone was a broken POS. I said it would be cheaper for me to cancel than continue paying $80+/month. The first CSR told me that he'd switch me to a $60 plan that offered more minutes and give me $100 off a new phone. I told him I'd find a better company and call back to cancel once I signed with them.

I called back again a few days later, got another CSR, told him about the first guy and how no one seemed to want to help me and that I just wanted to cancel. He apologized, gave me all of that stuff, then offered me $250 off a new phone if I signed for 3 more years. Then they even gave me my detailed billing back (which I didn't know they would do) which they took away from me last year.

I'm a satisfied Telus customer........for now :D

Oh ya, they also kindly waived the $35 new phone activation fee.
Nov 20, 2006
44 posts
:|
Screwball wrote:
Feb 9th, 2007 12:27 am
Back in October I was offered:

$20 per month + SAF + Taxes

200 Daytime Minutes
Evenings and Weekend from 6:00pm for entire term
Call ID
Voicemail
Unlimited Mobile Browser
Call Waiting, Conferencing, 3 Way Calling

They called me back to offer this to me after they had turned me down for this kind of offer on three occasions. I had already signed with Telus, and I am happy with the plan I am on now.

Just remember, Bell customer service is horrible so don't get discouraged if the first, second, third agents don't assist you. If you have been a good customer they will eventually try to keep you around.
I just renew my 3 years contract last month after 2 years, which I still have the original corp plan plus $200 phone upgrade credit. I got a Samsung A920for $40 plus taxes and my plan is:

100 daytime minute
call Id, forward, conference
message centre
detail billing
free evening (I asked for and got it start from 6 pm instead 8 pm) and wk end
20 free call to 1 number(I use my home)
SAF and 911 all included

I just pay $25 plus taxes. I used to have a Audiovox camera phone which really a piece of junk, dead battery any time, bad connection, call drop for no reason and sometimes just don't work. The Samsung is very nice which Bell took $200 off (if you divide $200/36 months, it worth $5.55 per month). The only thing you have to watch out Bell may not tell you all other charges. When I got my first bill they charge me $35 for hardware upgarde fee which never mentioned to me at all eventhough I kept ask them in many occasions (over phone and in the phone centre when I pick up my new phone).

So I called Bell and screamed at them, which they kept denying that it was not mentioned. At the end they offered me extra 50 daytime minutes for 3 months to make up for the $35.

Its true, depending on who you talk to when you call. One of the CSR I talked to just so tough he give me nothing to renew except the $200 for a new phone. When I talked to another CSR, She managed to talk to her manager to give me earlier free evening starting from 6 pm which is a $10 per month feature.

I agree Bell's customer service is horrible that's why you need to record their name and badge number because they make notes about you, in serveral occasions they read the earlier conversations that I have with other CSRs back to me except which all to my favor. :razz: :razz: :razz:
× < >