Entertainment

The Flash (Warners/DC solo movie soaked in controversial Ezra Miller off screen antics)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2023 8:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
jenviea wrote: Variety confirms rumours that Ray Fisher's Cyborg will appear in the Flash 'solo' flick

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cybor ... 201838408/

The article states it's unknown how big Cyborg's role but my gut thinks more than a cameo
A new tweet from director Rick Famuyiwa puts into question Cyborg's possible appearance.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash ... an-a144637
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
jenviea wrote:
Deja vu as another director departs

http://deadline.com/2016/10/the-flash-d ... 201845709/
Not necessarily a bad thing as Rick Famuyiwa wanted an edgier take on the Flash all while fans and critics have called the DCEU too dark.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-flash-just-l ... 1788421878
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Famuyiwa said he pitched “a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart.” That vision was edgier than what the studio wanted, according to the magazine. So he decided to leave.

“When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day,” the director said in a statement, which also praised star Ezra Miller.

“While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project,” he continued, “I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force.”
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
^Edgier in this case doesn't necessarily imply darker tones.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
We honestly will not know what his vision was or is. So can't make a comment on whether it's a bad or good thing.

Weird to read online about the response to this, and how people are jumping on the WB hate bandwagon for this as if they were intimately familiar with his vision. Confusing.

Just hope they get a good director and move on - 2018 is coming up.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
squadz wrote: We honestly will not know what his vision was or is. So can't make a comment on whether it's a bad or good thing.

Weird to read online about the response to this, and how people are jumping on the WB hate bandwagon for this as if they were intimately familiar with his vision. Confusing.

Just hope they get a good director and move on - 2018 is coming up.
^People can have a negative response because there is clearly something dysfunctional going on. They have had two directors at this point and filming was scheduled to start in January 2017 (which is actually 3 month away). Clearly there were creative differences so where does this leave the script and where does this leave the movie 3 months before filming. DC has a vision and they can't find someone who will deliver it without the director wanting some input. It's either too much meddling or a lack of full oversight over the universe from someone (although we are to believe that Geoff Johns has that oversight).

Fans are invested in these movies so when they hear that two directors have quit or been let-go, its a bit concerning. The Flash has a good fanbase especially since the TV show is good as well.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
To turn what you said around, maybe both these directors aren't fulfilling the vision Johns has then or WB? What if they're being intentionally picky because of the response to the other movies?

I'd rather WB and Johns go through ten directors to find the one they want, than the first one just to get a movie out.

All this shows is that WB actually cares for the property. But that's not a negative spin, so no one wants to hear that.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
jenviea wrote: Word out of Comic Con is the movie will be a Flashpoint storyline

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/07/22/c ... oint-story
As awesome as this sounds, it seems a bit early to do Flashpoint when so little of the DC universe has been established on screen. I always figured Flashpoint would be a great way to swap in new younger actors when the original ones got too old.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Maybe they will do a swap out of Batman.

I know he denied the rumors but all he did was confirm he will be in the Batman. He said the same thing about directing and quit 3 weeks later.

He may show up in the first but not in the whole Batman trilogy.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10174 posts
8301 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Seems like an OK decision
I dunno. As others mentioned, it seems weird that Flashpoint would be done this early, and without a standalone Flash movie before. No doubt, it will be both Flashpoint and an Origins story, which means they will be cramming alot into 2 hours.

If they are going with comedic writers, I guess they will continue with what we saw in the Justice League movie and have a Barry Allen Flash who is really more like Wally West. My guess is they will be aiming to match the persona we had in the Justice League cartoons.

Fingers are crossed it works (Barry Allen Flash was my favourite hero as a kid), but will not be holding my breath.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
How long was the story in the actual comic books? I've only seen the animated version where everyone is at war.
Did it affect virtually everyone? If so, how can you have solo movie about it?
If this is like what Fox is trying to do with Dark Phoenix, then I can't see such a story succeeding.
I thought they were going to really handle it on TV Flash - but that story was really underwhelming. And short.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
im mixed...if done well...it really doesnt matter which superhero is in this movie...the storyline is solid. However, if WB fails to execute...which is HIGHLY likely...than nothing can ever fix JL.

If executed well...im confident that JL will be back and maybe revitalize the franchise for the general public.

(JL was so 90s btw...it looked like Batman in the 90s crap of way; all that blue screen crap was just awful)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: im mixed...if done well...it really doesnt matter which superhero is in this movie...the storyline is solid. However, if WB fails to execute...which is HIGHLY likely...than nothing can ever fix JL.

If executed well...im confident that JL will be back and maybe revitalize the franchise for the general public.

(JL was so 90s btw...it looked like Batman in the 90s crap of way; all that blue screen crap was just awful)
Now that Zack Snyder has been thrown out the door and hopefully is never given the reigns to any DC property again, perhaps DC will be able to make a good movie.
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)