Food & Drink

WARNING about Imperial Buffet at 3120 Dixie Rd in Mississauga. Spider found in food

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2018 10:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Go to that dragon buffet on woodbine & hwy 7. That place has quality (relatively! Ita a buffe we're talkig here) and great food.
Real sashimi! Sushi! Peiking duck with wraps and garnish station! Dim sum! And all your other buffet favs like a grilled food section, a prime rib section, and pulled noodles. These mfers make their own fresh noodles! Now thats cool.

Expensive though... But you get whst you pay for.
Same owner as Dragon Pearl York Mills & Don Mills. Are both exactly the same??
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
playnicee1 wrote: Same owner as Dragon Pearl York Mills & Don Mills. Are both exactly the same??
Not the same but similar. I think the one on woodbine is a lot better. But I also believe its a few bucks more..
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
R.I.P. Imperial Buffet. All locations.
Spoonful is staying open under a different owner with no relation to the imperial buffet restaurant chain.
(imperial owner is now selling bobbleheads for a living? lol http://www.imperialbuffet.com/ )

Spoonful website is now a stand alone website: http://ispoonful.com/
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
You should search up golden corral in the states. They leave meat baking in the sun only an arm's length from their dumpsters in the back. I can't believe after multiple videos on YouTube they havent faced major fines or shut down completely. Damn Americans will eat it all up, maggots and all.

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: You should search up golden corral in the states.
The video you posted is from 2013.
Here's a more recent one from November 2017.
Thankfully none of this has anything to do with a Buffet restaurant in Toronto or GTA.

Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
playnicee1 wrote: The video you posted is from 2013.
Thankfully none of this has anything to do with a Buffet restaurant in Toronto or GTA.

You don't know that. I'd argue this style of shot gun dining is very much prone to abuse and neglect. Regular sit down establishments have already been caught with unsanitary practices, it's on a w5 or market watch episode so yes, it does happen here more often than we would care to admit. Take your rose coloured glasses off and join us in the real world man!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
playnicee1 wrote: THESE ROSE COLORED GLASSES? ➡ https://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/index.htm
A Pass notice will be issued when only minor or no infractions are observed during an inspection.

If Minor Infractions are repeated at the next inspection, the Public Health Inspector may issue a ticket to obtain compliance. Fines range from $45 to $370 depending on the severity of the infraction.
Here's a fun fact:

Most inspections get a heads up. Do you know what that means? It means the restaurant gets time to clean up their act for the 'staged' inspection. Guess what happens after their inspection is over. Back to old habits. I'll leave it up to you to guess what that entails.

I've worked in a number of restaurants; everything from pizzaria to semi high end restaurants. Don't insult me with that inspection bullcrap.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1357 posts
1283 upvotes
Toronto
Let’s be honest, if anyone ever went to Imperial it was because of the coupons and even with discounts it wasn’t worth it.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Tactical wrote: Let’s be honest, if anyone ever went to Imperial it was because of the coupons and even with discounts it wasn’t worth it.
The lamb at the Scarborough location was better than the lamb @ Mandarin (when Mandarin has lamb)
I found Imperial to be okay, but only with a coupon. The regular price made it seem like a bit of a rip off.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: I've worked in a number of restaurants; everything from pizzaria to semi high end restaurants. Don't insult me with that inspection bullcrap.
Try eating at Sakura Japanese Cuisine (AYCE) @ Spadina & Bloor. They do have a yellow sign currently, open with 3 check marks against them.
I'm waiting for the green pass sign.
That inspection "Bullcrap" in Toronto, Ontario is still a very good thing. I wouldn't call it crap.
Although, you may have a point that some of the yellow sign places should really get a red closed sign, maybe.
At least I am seeing red closed signs in various parts of the city.
It shows that something is indeed being done right.
I have no complaints about the inspection system in Toronto.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Anyone know what dragon legend offers differently from lunch to dinner service? Do they still have Peking duck at lunch?

Sorry to be off topic but figured the buffet gurus would be in here!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: Anyone know what dragon legend offers differently from lunch to dinner service? Do they still have Peking duck at lunch?

Sorry to be off topic but figured the buffet gurus would be in here!
No. No duck at lunch. Same for Dragon Pearl.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: R.I.P. Imperial Buffet. All locations.
Spoonful is staying open under a different owner with no relation to the imperial buffet restaurant chain.
(imperial owner is now selling bobbleheads for a living? lol http://www.imperialbuffet.com/ )

Spoonful website is now a stand alone website: http://ispoonful.com/
It'll be interesting to see if Spoonful gets better or worse with new owners
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: No. No duck at lunch. Same for Dragon Pearl.
How long ago did you try? I found a blog post that said no duck at lunch, then it was updated to say duck and salmon sashimi was now available.

I guess I could just call....I'll call during the regular week next week when it isn't so busy.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: No. No duck at lunch. Same for Dragon Pearl.
slowtyper wrote: How long ago did you try? I found a blog post that said no duck at lunch, then it was updated to say duck and salmon sashimi was now available.

I guess I could just call....I'll call during the regular week next week when it isn't so busy.
Dragon Legend in Markham definitely has duck for lunch time.
I was there a few weeks ago on a Saturday on Mother’s Day weekend. They allow 2 duck wraps each time you go up but you can go up as many times as you want.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1505 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: The video you posted is from 2013.

Aww, the customer "Dan" has such a cute personality. So laid back.

I find that Subway franchise locations can vary tremendously. Some are spic & span and others are not run sanitarily.

If/when I get sick once at any restaurant, though, I never ever go back.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: Dragon Legend in Markham definitely has duck for lunch time.
I was there a few weeks ago on a Saturday on Mother’s Day weekend. They allow 2 duck wraps each time you go up but you can go up as many times as you want.
What about regular week-ends? What about the weekday?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: How long ago did you try?
Dragon Pearl specific, if they have duck, they really should mention it. It's to their benefit to do so!

Lunch Specials
Weekday:
Salty & Spicy Shrimp; Tempura Jumbo Shrimps; Mussel with Black Bean Sauce; Stir Fried Baby Shrimp; Fish Filet & Mango Coconut Sauce; Fresh Salmon with Teriyaki sauce; Pad Thai; Sushi; and many kinds of B.B.Q Foods.

Weekend:
Beside the food above, we also offer extra Roasted Beef and Seafood Soup.

is all they mention here: https://www.dragonpearlbuffet.com/buffet/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)