Warning - cheapflightscorp.com is a scam

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 1:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 23, 2017
1 posts

Warning - cheapflightscorp.com is a scam

This post serves as a warning to others who would like to know more about cheapflightscorp.com before booking with them as there is barely any information online, all of the supposed "testimonials" on their website are absolutely fake and I just got scammed.

I bought 2 tickets to a country in South Asia, searched for the flights, went through the whole process and paid the full price. After paying, I received an email saying that everything went through and is successful. I felt great but then I noticed that the ticket wasn't in that email, no itinerary, nothing which was fishy but I said I'll wait for it, they might send the ticket hours later or something. So, I waited and waited. Nothing. So, I called them and asked them about it. Guess what?

They said they needed a "second" payment which was almost double what I already paid. I told them I just paid the full amount. They're like sorry, a second payment is required.

So, I paid hundreds of dollars just for a congratulatory email.

TL; DR: Don't book with them, it's all a scam.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16113 posts
12807 upvotes
Toronto
presumably it was all paid with credit card? If so, you're protected. File chargeback with card issuer and let them deal with all the nonsense.
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1174 posts
185 upvotes
No offence, but that site is full of bad English/grammar, and screams scam.

I looked for 2 mins and could tell that company isn't credible.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1492 posts
40 upvotes
Maple
While the grammar is questionable, they actually have a full page on the 2-step payment process, so they are not hiding anything: https://www.cheapflightscorp.com/info/f ... nt-process

I haven't looked further to see if it's all a scam, but assuming you pay with a reputable credit card, you should be protected if you still don't get an e-ticket after 2nd payment.