• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2012 9:34 pm
Tags:
None
May 7, 2010
32 posts
2 upvotes

Warning!!! Never Buy multiple items at once from Best Buy online

I am in the process of finishing up a lost shipped item from BB and it has been a nightmare. I would warn anyone from ever ordering multiple things at one time from Best Buy and try to have them delivered. On Nov. 25 I ordered three things from BB on-line that could not be reserved or purchased in the store. The items shipped 2 days after I made my order and I thought all was good. I then received my items on Nov. 30th. I opened the box immediately and found a packing slip and only two of the three items I ordered. I was missing the 400.00 ipod touch, even though it was listed on the receipt along with a serial number. I called BB immediately and was told I had to submit a lost claim. I told the CSR my story and they took down all the info and said they would get back to me within 48hrs to rectify the problem.

I called back about an hour later because I wanted to know how fast their process was going to take since this was my daughters Christmas gift. They said no problem and it should probably be rectified by Christmas. I decided that night to be safe that I would re-order the same item again just to be sure and return one of them when they get it sorted out. Three days past and no calls or emails from BB. I called back and was told I had to submit the info again for a lost shipment, so I did. Another two days past and no call or email. I then logged an issue on BB web forum, I received a message from a mod that they would escalate my issue. Three more days past, still nothing.

I called a 4th time and was told I needed to log another case on the lost item. By this time my second order had arrived and I got my new ipod. Another 3 days past and then I received an email from a CSR at Futureshop and she said she was going to follow-up with my lost item. 2 days later I received an email asking for details again about the lost shipment. They figured that it went missing during delivery. I again told them the box that was shipped was in perfect sealed condition. I then got another email asking about the box it was shipped in. I lost it because this was now the 6th time giving them info. I was told that the email was a form letter that everyone gets. I was told they needed 8-10 days to get info back from their shipping department about my shipment.

Finally on Dec 26th 3:50 in the morning I get an email stating that based on the shipment weight they have determined that my ipod was never in the box they sent me. So it took them almost 4 weeks to determine they never shipped my item. They have indicated they have sent their banking department an email to issue a credit for the item that never shipped. I just can't believe a company of this size couldn't deal with a problem quicker than this. Just glad I re-ordered my item.

I will follow-up when I receive a credit. I will never order multiple items at one time again.

Received an email today that I was being credited back for the item they never sent.
17 replies
Jun 9, 2006
956 posts
415 upvotes
Glad it finally worked out for you. You were saved by the shipment weight even though an ipod touch doesn't weigh that much... sometimes weights are rounded on packages which leads to a larger margin of error.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11975 posts
3167 upvotes
Edmonton
Big dinosaurs move slowly. I would have been advising them of a pending chargeback with your credit card company at the start of the second week, and followed thru with it at the end of the second week.

Glad to hear it worked out in the end.

Did they not offer a gift card or ecertificate or reward zone points as a goodwill gesture at the very least?
May 7, 2010
32 posts
2 upvotes
I am glad it is finally over. Hopefully others will follow my advice on separate orders if item must be ordered on-line. I wasn't offered anything for all the trouble, stress and phone calls. During one call a CSR mentioned that I would probably get a gift card for all my aggravation.

I sure had a big eye opening during this ordeal. I have never had anything but great service when shopping in the store, so I was quite amazed at how different on-line could be.

I do believe the CSR's on the phone tried to do what they could but need to follow a script that really does nothing for the customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1135 upvotes
Montreal
jc153 wrote: I am in the process of finishing up a lost shipped item from BB and it has been a nightmare. ...........................................................and then I received an email from a CSR at Futureshop and she said she was going to follow-up with my lost item. ............................................................
I guess his is a typo. Glad that they finally sorted out for you & credit you back in turtle speed.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
I had a similar situation and couldn't be bothered after their second request. I just did a chargeback and told them to figure it out themelves when they called me back. Never did hear.
May 7, 2010
32 posts
2 upvotes
emmafb wrote: I guess his is a typo. Glad that they finally sorted out for you & credit you back in turtle speed.
Actually not a typo...Ordered from BB on-line and CSR that contacted me via email and followed up on the case was from Future Shop. I too was surprised by this somewhat.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1604 posts
691 upvotes
Calgary
When it comes to investigating, they probably have a crap load of fraudulent claims. They have to pick out the real from the fraud. That is probably why it took so long for them to deal with your case.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1789 posts
334 upvotes
Dark Phoenix wrote: When it comes to investigating, they probably have a crap load of fraudulent claims. They have to pick out the real from the fraud. That is probably why it took so long for them to deal with your case.
more likely they just don't hire the staff needed for the workload to save money.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6028 posts
1390 upvotes
Toronto
This only happened to me once with amazon.ca. I just e-mailed them and they were just like "this doesn't usually happen" and just resent the item. My item was a $10 vinyl record so it may not have required an investigation.

An $400 ipod is a different story and it shouldn't have taken that long pulling teeth. I agreed that you should have proceeded with a chargeback after a certain amount of time.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5804 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
intelmic wrote: Glad it finally worked out for you. You were saved by the shipment weight even though an ipod touch doesn't weigh that much... sometimes weights are rounded on packages which leads to a larger margin of error.
Shouldn't be rounded off that much. The shipping company automatically weigh and size every package, ie not just an estimate. That info is normally sent back to the shipper in monthly(or whatever period) manifest. So if there's tracking number, it's pretty easy to find out what's the exact weight and size of the package that's actually shipped out.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Better advice...don't buy anything online from Best Buy. They're totally out to lunch.
blainehamilton wrote: Did they not offer a gift card or ecertificate or reward zone points as a goodwill gesture at the very least?
They'll offer it then not follow through. I'm telling you, they're totally screwed up.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
This is why Best Buy will die a slow death.

I always say if you want things done ASAP, go complain on the company's Facebook page -- trust me my friend did this for Rogers and TD and he got his problem rectified within 48 hours, even though going through phone channel it was taking him weeks -- they don't want bad pub, so they do it FAST! Just a FYI for next time...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2348 upvotes
Toronto
jc153 wrote: On Nov. 25 I ordered three things from BB on-line that could not be reserved or purchased in the store.

I opened the box immediately and found a packing slip and only two of the three items I ordered. I was missing the 400.00 ipod touch, even though it was listed on the receipt along with a serial number.
Retail stores don't sell the ipod touch?
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Sanyo wrote: This is why Best Buy will die a slow death.

I always say if you want things done ASAP, go complain on the company's Facebook page -- trust me my friend did this for Rogers and TD and he got his problem rectified within 48 hours, even though going through phone channel it was taking him weeks -- they don't want bad pub, so they do it FAST! Just a FYI for next time...
Did that...didn't do much good. Some people were complaining that BB was deleting their posts.
Jul 28, 2008
676 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
My husband ordered a $1700 Toshiba laptop from BB online a few years ago. It never arrived, we assumed that a delivery person stole it. BB re-shipped it quickly without any issues. Isn't that crazy?
May 7, 2010
32 posts
2 upvotes
appleb wrote: Retail stores don't sell the ipod touch?
Not a 64GB Blue one. If they did I would have reserved it for in-store p/u and got it right away.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)