Beauty & Wellness

Warning SCAM Endure Skin care products NOT FREE!

[OP]
Mar 31, 2005
726 posts
94 upvotes

Warning SCAM Endure Skin care products NOT FREE!

Just a friendly warning to fellow RFDs of a SCAM being marketed as a FREE skin care offer - Endure 3 product Beauty System, just pay S&H of $2.95 being offered online/Facebook.

I found out the hard way that I got scammed only after receiving my credit card statement showing charges of $2.95USD and another $149.95USD later.

No fine print in the free offer when originally ordered, so I only expected to be charged $2.95USD, since the was free products.

I just googled for Endure complaints/scams. (Should had before I clicked!) Others are reporting similiar situations on http://www.complaintslist.com/cosmetics ... ty-system/

I called in, spoke to Endure phone reps but they would not do anything for me but gave me my tracking number to trace my own package with Canada Post. (Did that)

I did not even receive my package (I'm in GTA) and Endure will not call Canada Post to initiate a trace of my package(I was told that I can not start the trace by Canada Post), so I am out my money and the goods. (Not that I want them for $149.95USD! We are talking about 3 sample sized skin care products here.)

Do not order from Endure Beauty System!

Can anyone advise me on what I can do now?

I already called Endure, Visa and Canada Post.
Endure will not refund nor contact Canada Post, finally got a manager and same.
Canada Post needs Endure to call to request trace.
Visa was only able to cancel my CC and reissue, no guaranttee that vendor doesn't charge me again
41 replies
Aug 30, 2014
10 posts
9 upvotes
Markham, ON
Sorry to hear that.... I believe if the company won't do anything to assist you, your best bet might be to launch a charge back on your VISA card. Usually what VISA will do is that they will rule in favour of their cardholders. Afterward, you might need to cancel the card as the scammer will have the ability to re-charge you if you didn't cancel your card or even if you transferred to a different card number.

Good luck...
[OP]
Mar 31, 2005
726 posts
94 upvotes
Mantisking wrote:
Sep 16th, 2014 1:56 pm
Sorry to hear that.... I believe if the company won't do anything to assist you, your best bet might be to launch a charge back on your VISA card. Usually what VISA will do is that they will rule in favour of their cardholders. Afterward, you might need to cancel the card as the scammer will have the ability to re-charge you if you didn't cancel your card or even if you transferred to a different card number.

Good luck...
Thanks, trying as I am typing...
May 28, 2012
9281 posts
1705 upvotes
Saskatoon
Did you wonder how they could stay in business by charging $2.95 for their product? That wouldn't even cover the cost of mailing. If an offer seems too good to be true, it often is...
Feb 19, 2008
2 posts
My wife just learned a very hard lesson too about this SCAM. She clicked on an ad on Facebook for a free sample of the Endure Beauty System.
She thought she was paying 5.98 to cover shipping, but ended up being charged $172.54 after the 14 day period expired. The product appeared to be Canadian,
but it actually arrived from the US but took way more than 14 days to arrive. By the time the first shipment finally arrived, a second one was in the mail, and we were billed for it.
So at this point I still wasn't aware of the monthly negative billing because we only had one product.
By the time the second one arrived, and we realized "oh crap, this is a scam", and we cancelled, but now a third was already in the mail and on the credit card.
I called their customer service, but after quite a phone battle, I only managed to get 50% back for the final order that is still in transit.
This was a very expensive lesson learned. The Endure Beauty System is a scam. Avoid the Endure Beauty System at all cost.
Aug 27, 2014
8 posts
Guelph, ON
My wife just got scammed $149 by these guys. Some research shows they are based in San Francisco.

Problem is there is a little "I agree to the terms and conditions" check box right before you press Submit. They are obviously banking on nobody reading them.

Moral of the story is "buyer beware". Only shop at reputable online sites.
May 30, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
I JUST GOT RIPPED OFF TOO!!!!
I received my lotion, but at a lot higher cost than the "pay just the shipping" todays charges are $177.43 AND $106.44 USD TO BOOT That was for the free cream offer.... just pay the shipping. I called the company, after over an hour on the phone with Tony begging and pleading I got them to refund 60% of the purchase price. That was only AFTER telling them about my husbands recent hospitalization and surgery, I am the only one currently working in the household the fact that I too work for an online retailer that cares and has compassion for it's customers. I HAVEN'T EVEN USED THE CREAMS YET!!! at these costs I can't afford them for myself, they will have to be someone's expensive Christmas gift!
Mar 30, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
Well ! One solution may be for those who still want to try getting the free sample is that they should purchase a pre-paid credit card from walmart for $25 and use that credit card to order their free sample. After placing the order and paying $2.98 shipping, spend the remainder of the $22.02 at the walmart. Now ! you have nothing to lose. Your prepaid credit card will be fully used and you can not be over charged. I hope this would help someone. :)
Dec 27, 2014
2 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
By Dec 27th, We noticed that we just got scammed by this company. in fact there are two different ones so you have to pay attention we lost more than $500 because we just realized about it. It is sad to know that even the credit cards collude with this type of business as they say that there is nothing they can do.
Dec 27, 2014
2 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
I wonder if there is any way that all of us get together and sue this company. Thanks.
Dec 22, 2002
438 posts
26 upvotes
Just found out my mother signed up for this too. We're chalking it up as an expensive lesson. However, I would encourage people with older folks on the internet to just double check with their grown children before giving credit cards over the internet or phone. We pretty much went through what the OP did with cancelling of the credit card and all. I was expecting a battle when I called up Endure Beauty System. The guy I talked to went on the defensive immediately and started going into his spiel pointing out the technicalities. I acquiesced and said, I understand that all, and just want to cancel. And he processed the cancellation.

In review, this is what happened, as I understand it. Mom signed up for a free trial of Endure Beauty System on Nov 13th for only the cost of the shipping. The faulty assumption being that they are getting a free trial size product, but they ship a full 30 day supply. It is a 14 day trial which starts from the day you order, not receive. If you don't do anything then the automatic billing for the product starts which is just under $300 every 30 days, auto shipped. The product went out on Nov 17th and arrived on Nov 21st. The product was billed in full on Nov 27th, no invoice for the amount being paid is included in the box. So you don't think anything. Well, your credit card bill comes and you see this sub $300 charge coming from a number of different named companies. Sure you may have checked online, but most don't. If you're super unlucky, enough time has passed and the next month shipment has gone out already and now you're in it for $600. It was brought to my attention on Jan 2nd and the Dec 27th shipment had gone out. Cancelled on the 5th, as I had to wait the weekend to talk to the credit card disputes area to know what my position is. I would not defend their business practices, but technically, they've done everything they said they would do.
Dec 22, 2002
438 posts
26 upvotes
Although, I'm sure search results vary, Googling "Endure beauty system" brought up this thread before their own site.
Nov 21, 2014
6 posts
East York, ON
I've also been scammed, but by NULEXA & SKIN ESSENTIALS. Do not buy from them!!! I tried to cancel with them over the phone, and the call centre agent just ignored me & went out how great the products were. I've never been so pissed with someone over the phone in my life!! I had to call my master card company, and they told me to send them an email to CANCEL ALL SERVICES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIENTLY. I had to send 4 emails, because the company would go under different names. I also had to get a new master card, just in case they start billing me again! Ughhh... worst experience ever!
Dec 22, 2002
438 posts
26 upvotes
If it's any consolation Toro111 you seem to have gotten the less expensive version of this scam. Nulexa & Skin Essentials looks fairly identical in operation, and their website is very similar. But good to have the two companies associated so that hopefully people searching either will find this information first.
Feb 1, 2015
1 posts
Toronto
Same story as you I call my bank they cancel my account to start an investigation when I realized who endured was I call them the customer service representative hung up on me because I was demanding her to speak to a supervisor or a manager i call back another customers service representative now he did put me on the phone with the supervisor I told him what happened he still said no refunds I told him my bank is investigating and I'm also going to call the ctv for the consumer reports program i want my money back that's all after I said that he told me ok call your bank have them calling them for the bank to confirm endured that they were closing the dispute or investigation anyways I call my bank again and they told they didn't start no investigation im like what so idk tomorrow I'm calling endured again to let them know that i stop the investigation do you think they gonna give me my money back ??? Anyway the bank also told me to let them know that if I don't get my refund then it will be one.