None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1797 posts
189 upvotes
Brampton

Warning: Scam for high end name brand clothing

So i was in the parking lot of a brampton mall and i was texting my friend inside my car. Some dude parked beside me and started doing his sales pitch about his "High End" clothing surplus. He said he was in town for some fashion show and doesnt want to pay taxes, blah blah. I let him do his sales pitch.

But i manage to film halfway through his pitch.

Also, this is what his card looks like:

[IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CLvF ... AG0675.jpg[/IMG]

Just a head of warning :cheesygri
110 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3428 posts
88 upvotes
Your Mom
after did you tell him he's an idiot scammer and his accent sucks ass

and you're filming for the cops bahaha
actually you should of said am am under cover detective
hand over a jacket for bribe
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1753 posts
441 upvotes
Only professionals use a public email domain.

Some use this email format: first.last#@domain
May 30, 2006
186 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Same pitch I got, instead it was in a Costco parking lot by Yorkdale
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2007
1115 posts
24 upvotes
aplayaz2000 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:25 am
after did you tell him he's an idiot scammer and his accent sucks ass

and you're filming for the cops bahaha
actually you should of said am am under cover detective
hand over a jacket for bribe

well his accent might be real, but it is his sales pitch and POS business card that sucks LOL

Also i tried looking up "Via Monte Napoleone, 22, Milano, Italia" in google streetview and it appears to be an apartment?

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Via+Monte ... .73,,0,2.8
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2011
1127 posts
52 upvotes
jp06 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 6:38 am
well his accent might be real, but it is his sales pitch and POS business card that sucks LOL

Also i tried looking up "Via Monte Napoleone, 22, Milano, Italia" in google streetview and it appears to be an apartment?

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Via+Monte ... .73,,0,2.8

Haha, down the street just 2 buildings over is a Celine store. Damn wife has been trying to find a certain bag made by Celine in the GTA for quite some time now. There's no Celine store here, only available at Holt which rarely has stock!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
Obviously nobody has ever gone shopping in the USA. There are entire strip malls dedicated to "high end" clothing surplus.

Usually it is slightly defective, out of season, or over stocked items at a substantially reduced price as to what you normally pay.

However it's nice to know that the italian entrepreneurial foreigner is not entitled to pitch product to someone without coming off as a con artist.

Don't buy that bridge.

If it helps, those counterfeit designer clothes, that's supposedly a scam too. But you know what. If I like the clothes, I'm going to buy them. I don' care if it says "Gotcha", instead of "Gucci"

I mean look at this. The guy bought 7!!! pleather jackets for $300.00. That's a deal and a half, and he still thinks he got scammed.

http://italian-style-clothing.pissedcon ... 27680.html
In Vancouver, BC 5:15pm March 19, 2011 at Waterloo and W. Broadway. I had just come out of the bank and a guy pulled up in a new black Chrysler 300C drove up and stopped. He rolled down the window and told me he was lost and asked if I could give him direction to the airport. Well dressed and well spoken with an Italian accent. I gave him directions and he offered my a leather jacket to thank me. Thought he was very gracious and refused, he insisted and introduced himself as Aldo a representative from an italian company that sold high end leather jackets, Armani, Gucci, GA Milano, etc. Told me he had been in a show at the Convention Centre and had these samples (they were labelled sample) left and didn't really want to take them back to Italy. He then offered to give me the rest of the jackets he had if I were to buy one for $1500. I declined but eventually ended up giving him $300 for seven jackets. Two in a brown suede material and five black "leather" jackets, various styles. They were all wrapped in plastic with GA Milano lablels. They are not leather but rather what I'm told is referred to as "Pleather" made of a PLC derivative which actually feels, to my touch, very much like my good leather coat, (see how good my touch is),. Smooth talker, very personable, had a map of Vancouver on the dash and what looked like an airline ticket folder visibe,. He had an Italian passport in the compartment between the seats that showed he had been in Uruguay and Chile in the past month'. Very smooth:. Felt like a dummy afterwards, but will offer them to some of my staff!. He is a w/m, 6" tall, 185 lbs, italian accent, dark hair, very well groomed and very well dressed|. I knew I had been ripped right after it happened, remembering the "if it is too good to be true, it is too good to be true" mantra.. I jumped on the computer and was floored to see the extent of this scam". Reports from different Europe, USA and Canada that are very similar. 150b2a7

If it was some well spoken english guy, it would be an entirely different story. People are dumb and racist I might add.

First result for a pleather jacket, $224.00

http://www.nextag.com/pleather-jacket/shop-html
Listening to UkBassRadio NsbRadio ProtonRadio Tosi - TheCrypt

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
Oct 13, 2010
123 posts
1 upvote
Funny to see this video here I was approached by that same fellow last month outside cederbre mall with the exact same sales pitch I told him I wasn't interested then he asked me how to get to the airport and then Scarborough Town Centre
May 30, 2006
186 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
MrKap wrote:
May 30th, 2012 7:04 am
Obviously nobody has ever gone shopping in the USA. There are entire strip malls dedicated to "high end" clothing surplus.

Usually it is slightly defective, out of season, or over stocked items at a substantially reduced price as to what you normally pay.

However it's nice to know that the italian entrepreneurial foreigner is not entitled to pitch product to someone without coming off as a con artist.

Don't buy that bridge.

If it helps, those counterfeit designer clothes, that's supposedly a scam too. But you know what. If I like the clothes, I'm going to buy them.

Sarcasm? You buy counterfeit clothes? I agree it's a bit much to call it a scam without more information, but I heard that exact same pitch as OP.

GTA must be full of cheap Italian foreigners who don't want to pay thousands of dollars worth of product.

It doesn't pass the smell test. I know of some places where you van get some crazy deals for audio systems if you like.

Hint: look for a white van in a random parking lot
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
makaveli191 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 7:17 am
Sarcasm? You buy counterfeit clothes? I agree it's a bit much to call it a scam, but I heard that exact same pitch as OP.

GTA must be full of cheap Italian foreigners who don't want to pay thousands of dollars worth of product.

It doesn't pass the smell test. I know of some places where you van get some crazy deals for audio systems if you like.

Hint: look for a white van in a random parking lot

I don't actually buy designer clothes out of cars. I'm a total glutton for abuse, and if I'm not paying 1400% markup at the local mall, then I'm not happy.

90% off clearance sales make me sad, because I know the malls are only gouging me slightly. I make up for those days by paying with credit.

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
45ED wrote:
May 30th, 2012 7:27 am
This scam's been going on for a very long while.

some-italian-dude-trying-scam-me-parking-lot-551080/

So have flea markets, and federally mandated car insurance laws.

Don't get me started on China town.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=chinatown+scam

OP, that's hilarious, in the video where you say Europe is going down. When was the last time you went outside. It's been a while for me, but I'm not even that far removed from reality.

makaveli191 wrote:GTA must be full of cheap Italian foreigners who don't want to pay thousands of dollars worth of product.
They're called sales people, they'll go around with trunks full of clothing and they'll pitch it to stores, and so what, maybe some of them are excited at the prospect of direct selling to the public.

Direct selling is not illegal. I can name at least two people in my near family, who speak perfect english and have not a drop of italian blood line, who have sold direct in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_selling
According to Direct Selling News, the largest direct selling companies, by revenue in 2011,[8] were -
Company Name Year Founded 2011 Revenue
Avon Products 1886 US$ 11.3 B
Amway 1959 US$ 10.9 B
Herbalife 1980 US$ 3.5 B
Natura 1969 US$ 3.01 B
Vorwerk 1883 US$ 3.0 B
Mary Kay 1963 US$ 2.9 B
Tupperware 1946 US$ 2.6 B
Oriflame 1967 US$ 2.1 B
Nu Skin Enterprises 1984 US$ 1.7 B
Belcorp 1967 US$ 1.6 B

BTW, China Town is actually one of the best places to score good deals, but suburban sheltered white boys who can't tolerate thick accents, have absolutely no sense of how much a dollar is worth and what it buys.

If it isn't a $5.00 bag of Doritos, it's a scam to them.

Let me help you out. A scam is when you hand money over against your will, or without your knowledge. It has nothing to do with willfully handing over your money for goods which are right in front of you which you are perfectly capable of manually inspecting.

Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14118 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
MrKap wrote:
May 30th, 2012 7:28 am
So have flea markets, and federally mandated car insurance laws.

Don't get me started on China town.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=chinatown+scam

OP, that's hilarious, in the video where you say Europe is going down. When was the last time you went outside. It's been a while for me, but I'm not even that far removed from reality.

They're called sales people, they'll go around with trunks full of clothing and they'll pitch it to stores, and so what, maybe some of them are excited at the prospect of direct selling to the public.

Direct selling is not illegal. I can name at least two people in my near family, who speak perfect english and have not a drop of italian blood line, who have sold direct in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_selling

BTW, China Town is actually one of the best places to score good deals, but suburban sheltered white boys who can't tolerate thick accents, have absolutely no sense of how much a dollar is worth and what it buys.

Direct selling in of itself is not the problem, as in the case of products/brand lines in that wikilist. In those cases, you're generally upfront about presenting yourself and your goods, It's the scam part of the shady clothing deal - the "I have to get back to Italy but need to dump these clothes first" - that is the problem.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
Nobody in this thread has ever sold clothing, or known someone who sells or sold clothing?

That's what they do, they quite literally pack their car trunks with clothing and sell it.

You name it, from jackets, to lingerie, to shoes, to sports gear. You'll have a difficult time selling somebody something without them seeing, and scrutinizing the merchandise first hand. Especially if your trying to get a contract for a larger order.

If you ask me, and I've never worked in italy, but my guess is they'll work for commission, where-as Canadians won't take a job unless it has seniority pay scale built into it.

Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11523 posts
1438 upvotes
what car were they driving??? hyundai santa fe?