• Nov 24th, 2017 12:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19297 posts
2808 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Di you still have that card? Maybe you can play games with him. Tell him you will meet him somewhere and don't show up.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1962 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote:
Jul 28th, 2013 8:49 am
For those who have been approached by these scammers, can you tell the difference between a genuine one and a fake one?
Agenuine scammer and a fake scammer? If the scammer is fake then does that make the products real?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14341 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Jul 28th, 2013 4:20 am
Mehhh... this scam has been going on a while. Saw this post in 2011.

Italian Style Clothing - GA Milano leather jacket scam
by Vanguy Mar 20, 2011

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-b ... 680/2.html

Company Italian Style Clothing
Product / Service GA Milano Leather Jackets
Location Vancouver, British Columbia
Category Footwear and Clothing
Views 2828

In Vancouver, BC 5:15pm March 19, 2011 at Waterloo and W.Broadway.

I had just come out of the bank and a guy pulled up in a new black Chrysler 300C drove up and stopped. He rolled down the window and told me he was lost and asked if I could give him direction to the airport. Well dressed and well spoken with an Italian accent. I gave him directions and he offered my a leather jacket to thank me.

Thought he was very gracious and refused, he insisted and introduced himself as Aldo a representative from an italian company that sold high end leather jackets, Armani, Gucci, GA Milano, etc. Told me he had been in a show at the Convention Centre and had these samples (they were labelled sample) left and didn't really want to take them back to Italy. He then offered to give me the rest of the jackets he had if I were to buy one for $1500. I declined but eventually ended up giving him $300 for seven jackets.

Two in a brown suede material and five black "leather" jackets, various styles. They were all wrapped in plastic with GA Milano lablels. They are not leather but rather what I'm told is referred to as "Pleather" made of a PLC derivative which actually feels, to my touch, very much like my good leather coat, (see how good my touch is). Smooth talker, very personable, had a map of Vancouver on the dash and what looked like an airline ticket folder visibe:.

He had an Italian passport in the compartment between the seats that showed he had been in Uruguay and Chile in the past month|. Very smooth'. Felt like a dummy afterwards, but will offer them to some of my staff'. He is a w/m, 6" tall, 185 lbs, italian accent, dark hair, very well groomed and very well dressed?.

I knew I had been ripped right after it happened, remembering the "if it is too good to be true, it is too good to be true" mantra;. I jumped on the computer and was floored to see the extent of this scam?.

Reports from different Europe, USA and Canada that are very similar. 67c45a
I'd make a great candidate for being gullible enough to fall for this scam. I mean the guy had a passport and everything. Seems legit.
Nov 29, 2005
388 posts
32 upvotes
I fell for this scam today, and bought 6 Giorgio Armani jackets for $300.

Saw these two gentle men on the white minivan near keele/lawrence mall, they asked me for direction to Airport and spoke to me in Italian; I know how to speak Italian and so I tried to explain to them how to get back to Airport, I mostly spoke to them in Italian. And they told me the story is that they were here in Toronto for a fashion show and are going back to Italy, they had 6 leather jackets which they want to get rid of before going back to Italy. He even showed me the rental agreement of the van form enterprises. Asked me to give them best offer for all of them. I told them I did not need any but can buy one for myself. Eventually he gave the bag containing 3 jackets and said keep it as a gift, at which point I felt happy and same time guilty. Eventually we negotiated for 6 jackets for $300.

My greedy mind told me I can sell these back and make the money back in no time, I bought all the 6 jackets they had for $300, which after taking them back to my-place realized I have been scammed. The jackets even had the Georgio Armani tag.

So lesson is "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

Is there any legal action I can take?
Or I just take this as a lesson from the school of hard knocks?
:)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7969 posts
3752 upvotes
arvins wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2014 7:04 pm
Who are you going to take legal action against? Some imaginary Vincenzo guy? lol

Think about it.

Take it as lesson learned hopefully.
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao!! My friend said he was approached by this guy at cedarbrae mall and the prices were rediculous. I'm laughing but doing what this guy does takes giant balls and im willing to bet he lives in a McMansion in Richmond hill somewhere.
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3223 posts
392 upvotes
Montreal
Happened to me once in a random parking lot...Italian guy similar story...asked for directions
Then offered me 3 leather jackets for free....
I took them and left...he was going to ask me for a favor but I was actually in a rush to pick up a friend....told him I Wasn't able to help him Further
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8395 posts
1608 upvotes
London
arvins wrote:
Who are you thinking of suing, your parents, or the school you went to?
Apr 16, 2012
555 posts
3 upvotes
arvins wrote:

Saw these two gentle men on the white minivan near keele/lawrence mall, they asked me for direction to Airport and spoke to me in Italian; I know how to speak Italian and so I tried to explain to them how to get back to Airport, I mostly spoke to them in Italian. And they told me the story is that they were here in Toronto for a fashion show and are going back to Italy, they had 6 leather jackets which they want to get rid of before going back to Italy. He even showed me the rental agreement of the van form enterprises. Asked me to give them best offer for all of them. I told them I did not need any but can buy one for myself. Eventually he gave the bag containing 3 jackets and said keep it as a gift, at which point I felt happy and same time guilty. Eventually we negotiated for 6 jackets for $300.

My greedy mind told me I can sell these back and make the money back in no time, I bought all the 6 jackets they had for $300, which after taking them back to my-place realized I have been scammed. The jackets even had the Georgio Armani tag.

Hahaha
Jan 30, 2014
84 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
arvins wrote:

I'm curious to know what these "fake" jackets look like. Can you post a pic of them?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2814 posts
577 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
arvins wrote:

Seriously how foolish can you be? You should sue yourself.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1591 posts
174 upvotes
Newmarket
Cataradi wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2014 10:10 pm
I'm curious to know what these "fake" jackets look like. Can you post a pic of them?
i wanna see those jackets too
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3588 posts
559 upvotes
I would have asked him if to perform a burn test on the leather jackets.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Nov 29, 2005
388 posts
32 upvotes
:)
Aug 28, 2010
973 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
I was approached by these guys in Woodbridge Hwy 7 and 427 gas station. Was such a scam I lol'd and walked away stating I have no cash.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)