Scammers and Warnings

Warning: Scam for high end name brand clothing

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2018 9:20 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 11, 2017
1 posts
I just got the Italian designer jacket scam downtown Toronto just east of Yonge on Wellington st. at berczy park. Designer, returning to Italy, taxes, etc. The one he had me try on was legit. Started w asking for directions, then chest size, eventually what an iPhone costs etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2131 posts
619 upvotes
GTA
Just got approached in Etobicoke yesterday (Shell station on Burnhamthorpe). He was in a silver SUV.
Jul 28, 2018
1 posts
Was just approached in Ottawa. Scam was a little different where he was giving the jackets and just wanted to buy a tablet for his kids and wanted to use cash.
Oct 12, 2008
148 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I just had the same thing July 31. Direction to the airport. Wanted to give me samples, returning to Italy, avoiding duties, asked for money to buy an ipad for the wife.
Jun 7, 2017
83 posts
55 upvotes
MrKap wrote:
May 30th, 2012 7:28 am
So have flea markets, and federally mandated car insurance laws.

Don't get me started on China town.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=chinatown+scam

OP, that's hilarious, in the video where you say Europe is going down. When was the last time you went outside. It's been a while for me, but I'm not even that far removed from reality.

They're called sales people, they'll go around with trunks full of clothing and they'll pitch it to stores, and so what, maybe some of them are excited at the prospect of direct selling to the public.

Direct selling is not illegal. I can name at least two people in my near family, who speak perfect english and have not a drop of italian blood line, who have sold direct in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_selling

BTW, China Town is actually one of the best places to score good deals, but suburban sheltered white boys who can't tolerate thick accents, have absolutely no sense of how much a dollar is worth and what it buys.

If it isn't a $5.00 bag of Doritos, it's a scam to them.

Let me help you out. A scam is when you hand money over against your will, or without your knowledge. It has nothing to do with willfully handing over your money for goods which are right in front of you which you are perfectly capable of manually inspecting.
Why do you hate white people so much? Did something happen to you to become so racist?
Jun 3, 2007
298 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
A while back I had the exact same script from the guy on Yonge Street. Pulled over and asked how to get to he 401, said he had just come from a fashion show at Metro Convention Centre. After his sales pitch, he said that he wanted money for an iPad for his son.

The script rarely varies.