Shopping Discussion

Warning SCAM- Renuvica and Nuvella creams online order

Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
These Scammers is successfully lured many people because the amount is not shown in the invoice. I believe the T&C is originally designed including rules between customers and merchant and absolutely should not include any known/foreseeable charges. Canada should setup some regulation to prevent this happen again. For example, any charges attached to the purchased should be included or shown in the invoice. If it is not in the invoice, consumer is not responsible for paying it.
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
A great plan..but I don't think Trudeau will help :(
Apr 22, 2017
2 posts
Ottawa
Yes I got caught as well. Same scenario. Apparently by accepting the order , under their Terms listed at the bottom of the website www.trynuvella.com, you agree to buying the product
on a monthly basis. This is was never outlined in the initial order. As far as I'm concerned it's misrepresentation. I will file a complaint to Ministry of Government and Consumer. Services:
Apr 23, 2017
0 posts
I just seen these posts an I recently ordered nuvella,last Friday I received two delivery notices in my mailbox stating that they were here with the product which I was home the whole entire time and have a dog that would know there's somebody at the door I've been went to the post office in which they stated it was there when I went it was not they told me to call back and it should be there the following day which would be the Saturday they didn't receive it then I have now call today and I got four different stories from one person that it was here that would be here in 3 days just a bunch of rubbish so now I am worried because these people have my credit card information I've recorded my conversation with these people and let them know that I was recording
Apr 24, 2017
2 posts
MaureenS wrote: Thank you for the email address...I have just sent off an email asking why, since this "company" is so well known to them, all the cc companies etc they are not being shut down? I also note that almost everyone is cancelling their credit cards...Capital One just told me to get a cancellation number from the scum of the earth and I would be good....is this enough? I must stress that Capital One were right on top of this and phoned me right away .
I was also scammed. I have written the Better Business Bureau. The name of the company is FLAWLESS YOUTH AND REVERSADERM. The Type of Business is Cosmetic Sales by Internet. One 'address' is PO Box 500, North York, M3J 0J8. Another 'address' is 1116 Wilson Avenue, Box 66010, Toronto, Ontario M3M 3G1. The head office of the company appears to be in Nassau, Bahamas. Not sure what the Better Business Bureau can do, but hopefully they can prevent others from being scammed. I tried to go on the Nuvella website to read the Terms and Conditions but I would have to enter my Credit Card to get into the site and I am not doing that again. I assume there was fine print that I missed, which is a lesson learned....BUT what really IRKS me is that I did not request the Renuvica (I KNOW I didn't) but they sent it anyways. When I went to my credit card and saw that they had charged me to deliver it to me I decided not to return it as I didn't want to spend more money on the product. I hadn't realized that within a couple of weeks they would charge me over $150 for another pot of the Renuvica. I have been issued a 30% rebate (or so they say) on both but am out $200+ at the moment. I have told them that I DID NOT order the Renuvica and should be reimbursed the $150 .... they told me I had ordered it. We went back and forth...I should have taken a screen shot of my order. Anyways, do not deal with this company. I am waiting to hear from their complaints department. Puh!
Apr 24, 2017
2 posts
I also went down this rabbit hole. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau. The Nuvella company Information is as follows:
NAME: Flawless Youth & Reversaderm
ACCREDITED BUSINESS: NO
ADDRESS: PO Box 500
North York, ON M3J 0J8
PHONE: 888 614-9317
FAX: --None--

My big complaint is that I was sent the Regenica and I definitely did not order it. I looked at my credit card and found I had been billed for the postage. A few days ago I found that I was billed over $150 for another pot of the stuff. I have called (and called) the company but they insist I ordered it and I insist I didn't. I should have taken a screenshot. I don't want to go back into the site as I would have to re-enter my credit card info and I won't do that. I am being given a 30% rebate for both products which still leaves me more than $200 in the hole. I am awaiting a call from customer service...doubt that is going to happen. I can understand being penalized for the Nuvella (if I didn't read the fine print) but I shouldn't be penalized for something I never ordered. I also take issue with their marketing practices...attaching their product name to Costco, Sears, The Dragon's Den, Shark Tank.....
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
If I remember correctly it did not say...do you want to ORDER this product....I believe it said do you want to look younger or something along that line...and the the choice was no, I do not want to look younger. It did NOT say a damned word about ordering this second product...just total scum of the earth bottom feeders these people.
Apr 26, 2017
1 posts
I have been conned by Nuvella. The traditional bait and switch program is alive and well. This is tantamount to fraud and theft and I am at a loss how to yell this from the rooftops and shut down these deceptive practices.
As soon as I phoned them they offered a 30% discount on $306.72 dollars charged for 1.5 ounces of cream. Then they told me it would be credited back to my account in 24-48 hours, after calling back they refused the credit, after calling back again they said it would be in effect in 24 hours. They did not advise, advertise, announce, point out , describe, caution, or indicate they were going to charge $293.24 more after the original $13.48 purchase. They agreed to cancel the charges for re-occurring billings. I will cancel my card immediately.
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
I did not cancel my card, since #1 the were the ones that notified me and #2 they told me to make sure and get a cancellation number from the SCAMMERS and he said then pray that the DO try and add anything else because they could then get THEIR legal team after them. He said it is a very fine line but so far these SCAMMERS have not crossed it, and if they do Mastercard for one, will be all over them. In the meantime there is nothing they can do except alert their customers as soon as that charge comes through.
Apr 28, 2017
1 posts
creams I m not sure as never used but sale n trial offer are scams online. without asking you without your knowledge without your consent can $ 330 will b debited from your account. Nowhere actual prices are mentioned. I felt cheated
Jan 30, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
Leask
You got 50%! How did you manage it- I had MasterCard call on my behalf and listening in on and participating inthe conversation and could only get 30%.

This is the biggest scam going. When you order the 'Free Trial' be aware that you will be charged approx $50 initially, BUT then are additionally charged approximately $300 15 days later. That's $350 for 1.5 oz (45ml or 3 Tbsp) of product! Are you kidding me!
Plus you are automatically enrolled as a monthly subscriber and will continue to be charged $300 every 30 days after that. Supposedly in exchange for for additional product? BUT in fact when I called to dispute the $300 charge 39 days after my initial order, and 38 days after they shipped that initial 'Trial size' offer, the company was quick to confirm that
1- I had been automatically enrolled in a monthly subscription
2- My credit card was scheduled to be billed for the second monthly payment 6 days from the date of my call
AND
3- that in fact, apart from my initial order, no additional product had been shipped to me.

So if the trial size was only supposed to cover me for 30 days and they truely thought I would be stupid enough to pay this ridiculous price,, why would they not have sent any additional product? I would suggest they in fact don't expect anyone would continue as a client once they realize what the actual cost is and therefore don't bother with the expense of shipping additional product, but rather spend thier money paying customer service people to stick to the script when you call outraged at having been sucked in by this scam, offering to cancel your subscription and give you a percentage of your back to make you go away.

The fact that this product was promoted and endorsed by Oprah Winfrey, the NewYork Times, Entertainment Today, Style Watch, Redbook, Ellen DeGeneres, Sandra Bullock, Megan Mullally, Eva Longoria and all the investors on Shark Tank has, for me, been a disappointing wake-up call regarding the ethics and integrity of these sources. I'm not naive, I know they get paid for endorsements. But given the income level of these sources, I didn't think they would allow themselves to be associated with a product/company that was intentionally misleading, in order to scam us normal folk out of our money.
May 3, 2017
1 posts
It just happened to me today. I've been fighting with them for 3 hours to no avail. What I'd like to know, has anyone been able to get a full refund???
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2013
1489 posts
2561 upvotes
Saint John
Next time when purchasing from a 'new' website, you can calculate the total + shipping , then grab a prepaid visa and pay with the prepaid card.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes
demon1102 wrote: Next time when purchasing from a 'new' website, you can calculate the total + shipping , then grab a prepaid visa and pay with the prepaid card.
It's a great idea, but if everyone stopped to think about it before purchasing they probably wouldn't purchase. It's an impulse purchase and that is what they are relying on. I am sure most people, if given a 30 minute break, would say "Hey this might be one of those products that has an automatic renewal, I better look into that" - but that's a problem with online shopping is that you can buy instantly with no recourse. At least when I see a "Hot Deal" posted for Christmas lights in June at Home Depot, I have the entire time I drive to the store and walk around to ask myself "WTF? Christmas lights in June? I'm crazy. But holy crap this snow shovel on clearance in front of me is a smoking deal".

For anyone involved this is a great lesson learned - unless something is truly limited time / limited offer (e.g. Amazon lightning deal) odds are you can wait and it will still be online in 30 minutes when you think about it. It shouldn't happen but there are always going to be people looking to take advantage of you and your impulses. Heck, it's the whole reason I buy pop at work is because I go for a walk and feel like getting one as I pass our cafeteria knowing full well I could just bring pop for way cheaper.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes
DianeL871264 wrote: It just happened to me today. I've been fighting with them for 3 hours to no avail. What I'd like to know, has anyone been able to get a full refund???
There was someone above who had the recurring charges removed because on their provinces consumer protection laws, but I think if you have received the product that you paid for you would have a tough time reversing those charges because you have the product.
May 6, 2017
3 posts
I hope this is of help to others. If it weren't for this chain of reports, I would not have known that I was scammed, so thanks to all that reported this! My husband ordered the "free sample" through what he thought was Costco - safe, we are members and have shopped there for years. I liked the product, so went to Costco to buy it. Not there, so I thought maybe it was online buy only. That's when I found these stories of people who have been scammed. Feeling suddenly sick, I called our credit card. Sure enough, 2 charges to our card after the shipping charges, one for $161, one for $154. I blew a gasket and called the "consumer line" for this scam company. They offered 30% as a refund, but only after my second call after swearing at them and hanging up. They would not go to 50%. (I made sure I got something in writing that there would be NO further charges to our card.) My husband reported it to our credit card as a fraud, and asked them to reverse the two charges. My husband said that he ordered the samples from Costco whom we trust, so by pretending this was a Costco product is fraud. Yes the thieves will say that "he agreed to the terms" as they told me on the phone, but he did not see "terms", it is plain and simple FRAUD! Based on this, the charges have been reversed, apparently the thieves can appeal based on the supposed "hidden terms" being agreed to. I will keep you posted.
May 7, 2017
1 posts
Same thing happened to me! Can someone please guide me as to what I should do and how I can at least get 50% of what was taken out of my account? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
Sorry I didn't get them to refund me any money, all Capital One would tell me was to get a cancellation number from them and then IF they tried to charge anything else to my account, Capital One themselves would get their legal team after them. Because I had checked some box that made me libel for the first charges...most expensive lousy cream I EVER bought ...but compared to some on here a cheap lesson....GOOD LUCK
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
Hahaha I don't speak French unfortunately, but my husband does...somehow I don't think it is a very good idea to remind HIM what his dumb wife did ;)0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)