Shopping Discussion

Warning SCAM- Renuvica and Nuvella creams online order

Apr 11, 2017
2 posts
This site is very slick. I was directed there after completing a Bell internet survey. I only agreed to one item
but the final 'receipt' showed two items for more than the listed price. I immediately contacted my credit
card issuer who told me that the charges were already on my account. - less than 5 min -. I was given the contact number , called them and got the charges cancelled. I received email confirming that charges were cancelled. I emailed Bell telling them that I am very disturbed about being sent to this dubious site.
Contact your credit card issuer ASAP if you get caught up in this 'scam'.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2015
35 posts
1 upvote
You are luckyWinking Face Saved more than hundred dollarsSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Swimqueen wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 11:16 pm
This site is very slick. I was directed there after completing a Bell internet survey. I only agreed to one item
but the final 'receipt' showed two items for more than the listed price. I immediately contacted my credit
card issuer who told me that the charges were already on my account. - less than 5 min -. I was given the contact number , called them and got the charges cancelled. I received email confirming that charges were cancelled. I emailed Bell telling them that I am very disturbed about being sent to this dubious site.
Contact your credit card issuer ASAP if you get caught up in this 'scam'.
Last edited by AnitaTh on Apr 13th, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2015
35 posts
1 upvote
Push to get 50% back. No need to send anything wasting more money for postage.
Cornflakes1 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:34 pm
Happened to me too. 161.35 was taken from my acount today.
It's a scam, alright ! I pushed for quite a while and was given a refund of only 30%.
I was told by one operator that I must send both products back in order to cancel and further costs. She also stated that I could not stop the order for the Renuva, because I had not paid the $68, yet. Whaaa?
I called back to another number as was told that the Nuvella was now mine but the Renuva has to be back in a month.
Hell, It's going back tomorrow.
Just a note: There was a lot of noise in the background, and I found it difficult to hear the operator. "Oh. They are making some announcements." It was clearly a pep rally, and I heard the main voice say, "four thousand dollars", and then a lot of cheering. Cheering because they ripped so many people off.
Apr 11, 2017
2 posts
When I called the Bank of Montreal . I was given two phone numbers 1-855-563-5357 and 1-855-712-0924 . I only used the first number and got both items cancelled . It sounded like person was in a large room but not difficult to hear him. I sent Bell Canada an email about being directed to this site but not have heard back from them. Hope you get more of your money back.
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
I have just paid it..makes my stomach hurt to think I was so stupid to fall for this...should have know you don't get something for nothing :( I have however, brought it up to FB twice...I feel they have a little to do with this since I was on FB when I saw the ad. So I keep asking them why these SCAMMERS are allowed on FB...surely if the credit card companies are aware of these guys FB should be as well !
Apr 17, 2017
1 posts
Mine started off by responding to an ad that said "Costco is offering free samples", promising to pay $2.95 for shipping. Of course I thought this was for real. While online I was first asked to select a gift (which happened to be NUVELLA). After that I was told that others who selected that also chose RENUVICA and that I could get the sample for $5.95. I started getting suspicious. I do not recall accepting that but it took me on to another page where I was being forced to make purchases for over $100 and then I knew something was wrong. I could find no exit from the page so I closed internet, without accepting terms of reference or checking out purchases. Imagine my surprise when I received an email saying my order was on the way. I called my credit card company and cancelled the card, explaining that I had not consented to any purchase. In less than two day it was in my mailbox. I paid $10.82 to return the box by snail mail. The joke is that they paid more than that to send it to me by express, so although I paid $10.82 to learn a lesson, I still feel like a winner. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE!!
Apr 18, 2017
2 posts
My wife recently responded to an ad on Face Book for a "free sample" of Nuvella and Renuivca. Her credit card was charged for just under $800. When she called her credit card company, they said there was nothing they could do and gave her these numbers to call: 1-647-846-8234 and 1-866-692-9156 to cancel and request a refund. I have read the posts on this forum but do not see any of these numbers. Any ideas or comments?
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13763 posts
4332 upvotes
eightpack wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:51 am
My wife recently responded to an ad on Face Book for a "free sample" of Nuvella and Renuivca. Her credit card was charged for just under $800. When she called her credit card company, they said there was nothing they could do and gave her these numbers to call: 1-647-846-8234 and 1-866-692-9156 to cancel and request a refund. I have read the posts on this forum but do not see any of these numbers. Any ideas or comments?
The number is most likely one that the merchant has on file. This website has a reference to the 1866 number you posted:
https://www.beautypersevere.com/
The 1647 links to these websites:
https://elledermo.com/products.php
https://www.stemologic.com/index.php?categoryid=0

Both seem like a similar concept to those posted above, so might very well be the same company just operating under different banners. I would suspect that a single company using this sort of sales tactic would operate under multiple banners
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
I got charged $160.00 I have paid it and consider it another lesson learned...you would think I would be smarter then this by now...but apparently not...back to Amazon and trusted sites and no more "free" or "trial" things ...expensive lesson :(
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2610 posts
2804 upvotes
These Scammers is successfully lured many people because the amount is not shown in the invoice. I believe the T&C is originally designed including rules between customers and merchant and absolutely should not include any known/foreseeable charges. Canada should setup some regulation to prevent this happen again. For example, any charges attached to the purchased should be included or shown in the invoice. If it is not in the invoice, consumer is not responsible for paying it.
Apr 2, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
A great plan..but I don't think Trudeau will help :(
Apr 22, 2017
2 posts
Yes I got caught as well. Same scenario. Apparently by accepting the order , under their Terms listed at the bottom of the website www.trynuvella.com, you agree to buying the product
on a monthly basis. This is was never outlined in the initial order. As far as I'm concerned it's misrepresentation. I will file a complaint to Ministry of Government and Consumer. Services:
Apr 23, 2017
0 posts
I just seen these posts an I recently ordered nuvella,last Friday I received two delivery notices in my mailbox stating that they were here with the product which I was home the whole entire time and have a dog that would know there's somebody at the door I've been went to the post office in which they stated it was there when I went it was not they told me to call back and it should be there the following day which would be the Saturday they didn't receive it then I have now call today and I got four different stories from one person that it was here that would be here in 3 days just a bunch of rubbish so now I am worried because these people have my credit card information I've recorded my conversation with these people and let them know that I was recording
Apr 24, 2017
2 posts
MaureenS wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 10:42 pm
Thank you for the email address...I have just sent off an email asking why, since this "company" is so well known to them, all the cc companies etc they are not being shut down? I also note that almost everyone is cancelling their credit cards...Capital One just told me to get a cancellation number from the scum of the earth and I would be good....is this enough? I must stress that Capital One were right on top of this and phoned me right away .
I was also scammed. I have written the Better Business Bureau. The name of the company is FLAWLESS YOUTH AND REVERSADERM. The Type of Business is Cosmetic Sales by Internet. One 'address' is PO Box 500, North York, M3J 0J8. Another 'address' is 1116 Wilson Avenue, Box 66010, Toronto, Ontario M3M 3G1. The head office of the company appears to be in Nassau, Bahamas. Not sure what the Better Business Bureau can do, but hopefully they can prevent others from being scammed. I tried to go on the Nuvella website to read the Terms and Conditions but I would have to enter my Credit Card to get into the site and I am not doing that again. I assume there was fine print that I missed, which is a lesson learned....BUT what really IRKS me is that I did not request the Renuvica (I KNOW I didn't) but they sent it anyways. When I went to my credit card and saw that they had charged me to deliver it to me I decided not to return it as I didn't want to spend more money on the product. I hadn't realized that within a couple of weeks they would charge me over $150 for another pot of the Renuvica. I have been issued a 30% rebate (or so they say) on both but am out $200+ at the moment. I have told them that I DID NOT order the Renuvica and should be reimbursed the $150 .... they told me I had ordered it. We went back and forth...I should have taken a screen shot of my order. Anyways, do not deal with this company. I am waiting to hear from their complaints department. Puh!