Food & Drink

WARNING: "Sunrise Caribbean Grill" I Give It 1-Star (UPDATE)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2015 12:39 pm
Jan 22, 2014
76 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully they go out of business.

I had a similar experience at Ritz on Yonge/Shuter street downtown Toronto lately. Got their regular jerk chicken dinner....i had a small piece of part of a thigh cut into a few pieces with mainly fat and bone. Awful.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, seriosly $10+tax for that small box of rice?

There's literally no meat in there. Its like a trial size portion thats worth $3.

That is a true rip-off.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1380 posts
22 upvotes
Why not make your own?

The marinade takes like 5 minutes to make, marinade chicken for 24 hours and pop it in the oven. Jerk chicken better than any place in Toronto?...
I stopped buying Jerk Chicken because its over priced, the quality is generally crap, and you can make 10x better at home.
Go Polska!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
Gammatron wrote: This is what they gave me, a pint-sized thin carboard box that chinese take-outs use to put their egg rolls in. At least the other guy that commented above me got a styrofoam container, it's easier to eat in one of those. This tiny box was $10+ tax and it's about 3-inches wide by 5-inches long.

Does not look appetizing at all. I have eaten it once and will never go bad. I honestly forgot how it tasted so obviously it did not resonate well.
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
**UPDATE**

My friend went inside the same location I mentioned here just to see for himself what I experienced, I went inside with him as a bystander. Guess what? He asked for hot spicy sauce and he got it, he also got a styrofoam container. Don't know if they read this thread or not but I'm sure that the woman that took care of me flatly lied on my face that they "do not carry" hot sauce because they do. She was a lazy employee which is a double negative for this place. My friend also got 5 portions instead of 3 like I did for the same price.

He was also offered coleslaw and got it, something I did not get nor was I offered.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
Gammatron wrote: **UPDATE**

My friend went inside the same location I mentioned here just to see for himself what I experienced, I went inside with him as a bystander. Guess what? He asked for hot spicy sauce and he got it, he also got a styrofoam container. Don't know if they read this thread or not but I'm sure that the woman that took care of me flatly lied on my face that they "do not carry" hot sauce because they do. She was a lazy employee which is a double negative for this place. My friend also got 5 portions instead of 3 like I did for the same price.

He was also offered coleslaw and got it, something I did not get nor was I offered.

Maybe they liked your friends deamenor and attitude much better. :lol:

Im sure you just make these post and talk like this on rfd for entertainment purposes... But if for whatever reason you are like that in real life maybe they just got annoyed and wanted you outta there!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Gammatron wrote: **UPDATE**

UrbanPoet wrote: Maybe they liked your friends deamenor and attitude much better. :lol:

I'm sure you just make these post and talk like this on rfd for entertainment purposes... But if for whatever reason you are like that in real life maybe they just got annoyed and wanted you outta there!
LOL, here's some more on-topic entertainment. :lol:

[IMG]https://cbskilt2.files.wordpress.com/20 ... ou_616.jpg[/IMG]

- casual gastronomist -
Jul 4, 2009
336 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Are you talking about sunset restaurant or sunrise restaurant? These are two different restaurants, one is a chain and one is independent!
Dec 2, 2008
631 posts
68 upvotes
Belleville
Gammatron wrote: This is what they gave me, a pint-sized thin carboard box that chinese take-outs use to put their egg rolls in. At least the other guy that commented above me got a styrofoam container, it's easier to eat in one of those. This tiny box was $10+ tax and it's about 3-inches wide by 5-inches long.

Most of those containers fold out into plates. jussayin: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodbeast ... 71824.html
Nov 10, 2013
324 posts
105 upvotes
Unionville, ON
this is why i usually stick to crappy fast food chain I know instead of trying something "new" and independent... haha