Automotive

Warranty in tire (got bubbles)?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2016 8:33 am
Tags:
None
Member
Mar 1, 2011
436 posts
101 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 12:20 pm
Yup, sure :rolleyes:
As I said, you say you know cars and you have every right to discuss, debate and refuse the suggestions. You did not and therefore do not know if they would have given you the certificate or not....or maybe you would like to add more to your story again at another post to validate yourself?
The repair estimate they gave me was for things they said were necessary for the safety.
1. Leaking power steering rack. There was no leak. The drops they showed saying were leaks were actually hard drops of rust proofing residue.
2. Bent shock absorber. The car was on the hoist and they showed me how one shock on the front passenger was about 2 inches closer to the inner fender than the other on on the drivers side. My mechanic showed me that the shock was in fact perfectly all right. The difference in clearance was not to the metal fender structure of the shock tower, but the plastic inner wheel liner which was not a safety issue. One plastic inner wheel liner was slightly deflected in shape compared to the other.
3. Fogged headlights. Recommended new headlights. I have seen plenty of Fogged headlights in my day and these were no worse than what you see AFTER you clean and buff them. My mechanics opinion was that they were still perfectly fine , maybe a 5-10 % reduction but still more than good enough for safety. He cleaned one side, which now looked perfect, then turned the lights on and compared to the one not yet cleaned. We could see no visible difference in light output. The CT staff wanted me to purchase new headlight assemblies rather than just recommending I clean the ones I had
4. Leaking fuel line. Yes it was leaking but only after someone in the CT garage put some type of tool on the metal fuel line. You could see the marks

So are they all bad? Most likely not. Do I have a reason in general why I should not trust them
I sure do.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
33792 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
BigBacala wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 1:58 pm
The repair estimate they gave me was for things they said were necessary for the safety.
..........

So are they all bad? Most likely not. Do I have a reason in general why I should not trust them
I sure do.
There ya go, just as I said, each post from you piles on more and more to justify your position....
My points are still is valid....without further or continual embellishments required. :)
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1501 posts
1171 upvotes
yuanchi wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 1:12 pm
Thread (middle) was pierce by object. 29 days and I have to pay again? This sound like a joke... So, wonder if there is any warranty or legal action I can do to get it replaced or refund my money?
If the tire was pierced, you may have driven on it with too low of air pressure which can damage it beyond repair. It can also damage the rim because of lack of protection when driving through potholes, bumps.

You can buy new tires today, drive around the block and have something go through it. If it cannot be repaired, you will need to by another tire. Unless you have some type of road hazard protection, which usually covers you.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2324 posts
580 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Altera wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 3:58 pm
A certified mechanic is a certified mechanic! C's get degrees after all!
Lol no.. just no
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
33792 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
cferguson23 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 10:50 pm
Lol no.. just no
Please explain? You seem to think you know something others do not.
A certified mechanic is a certified mechanic, yes they are, absolutely. If they graduated, completed their apprenticeship and got their license, then they are certified.
As I said before, the skill level can and will vary greatly but they are still certified if the have their license.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.

Top