• Mar 12th, 2015 2:10 am
Tags:
None
Feb 20, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver

wart removal clinic

i have grown this little common-wart at the back of my left ear, so i was thinking to get it operated, can you guys suggest me a good clinic to get this done ? I recently moved to Mississauga from BC so got no family doctor here.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1572 posts
102 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
First, ask a pharmacist for an over the counter wart treatment. Less inconvenience than going to a clinic. I don't know about getting reimbursed by the health plans though you have to ask.
An over the counter treatment typically involves freezing the wart with several applications applied about every 2 weeks or what is recommended by the treatment. The wart should diminish in size with each treatment and you should continue the treatment until the wart is fully gone or it can grow back.
Feb 20, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
well talking about over the counter meds, i have applied salicylic acid twice and it disappears after two or three applications of the acid but it again show up after few weeks.. so this time i am thinking to get rid of it by surgery etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Before you go under the knife, try this.

Cover the area with apple cider vinegar in a cotton ball with a band aide (smelly but worth it) for 2-3 days...after the first 1 you'll see the wart change colors and start looking black. by the 3rd day depending on how big it is it'll be shriveled up and just fall off. Adding it say before you go to bed and removing it before heading out works well since the smell is strong.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1572 posts
102 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
SaadM587 wrote: well talking about over the counter meds, i have applied salicylic acid twice and it disappears after two or three applications of the acid but it again show up after few weeks.. so this time i am thinking to get rid of it by surgery etc.
I don't think surgery is going to be anymore effective. Anyways, go with what the doctor says. The doctor will probably recommend freezing first before attempting surgery.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
mmhassa2 wrote: Before you go under the knife, try this.

Cover the area with apple cider vinegar in a cotton ball with a band aide (smelly but worth it) for 2-3 days...after the first 1 you'll see the wart change colors and start looking black. by the 3rd day depending on how big it is it'll be shriveled up and just fall off. Adding it say before you go to bed and removing it before heading out works well since the smell is strong.
Apple cider vinegar was exactly what I used on my son's plantar wart. Since his wart was on the bottom of the foot I used duct tape. I got rid of his wart in less than a week and it never came back.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)