Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Wasabi Mango QHD275 DUAL HDMI 27" computer monitor free shipping @ $302

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2014 7:55 am
Aug 12, 2013
115 posts
45 upvotes

Wasabi Mango QHD275 DUAL HDMI 27" computer monitor free shipping @ $302

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-WASABI-MANG ... RK:MESE:IT

$269 US
The lowest price i've seen on this monitor.

PROS:
QHD
27"
2x HDMI (both ports support QHD)
Dual link DVI-D
Dynamic contrast ratio: 5,000,000 : 1
380cd/㎡
Tilt stand
Response rate: 6ms
Speaker: 2w + 2w
Power: 110V ~ 240V

CONS:
Name..
23 replies
Jul 22, 2006
182 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
i see audio in but there are two audio ports - so one in and one out? i hope hdmi audio is carried over the hdmi cable and also it plays sound through speakers or passes out to audio out when plugged in.
Aug 12, 2013
115 posts
45 upvotes
It's hdmi. It will carry the video and audio.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
Looks pretty good. Do you think it would work with non-pc stuff like PS3/4 and Chromecast etc?
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Aug 12, 2013
115 posts
45 upvotes
Mrbj wrote: Looks pretty good. Do you think it would work with non-pc stuff like PS3/4 and Chromecast etc?
Again, it,'s hdmi. As far as I know, it's v1.4 and will work with any devices with hdmi connections.
Oct 18, 2014
1 posts
Toronto, ON
I know it says cannot use with Mac (though the wording is a bit odd), I've got a mid-2012 Macbook Pro Retina, with a built-in HDMI out... I don't see why that wouldn't work, right?
Aug 12, 2013
115 posts
45 upvotes
I might have put too little infos. Just added some. If i missed something, please update me.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
can PS4 and/or Xbox One run and upscale in 1440p?
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
MonsieurX wrote: The monitor will upscale.
i mean can the console hardware do it, with all the up-rezzed anti-aliasing and stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6553 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody actually have one of these and can comment on picture and build quality?
RFD + ME = POOR
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if connecting this by HDMI will result in same refresh rate / input lag as connecting by displayport? Any differences in performance?

Also, what is the benefit of 2 hdmi ports? Is it possible to daisy chain these? So laptop hdmi connected to monitor 1's hdmi1, and then monitor 1's hdmi2 connected to monitor 2's hdmi1, or does that not work?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
MonsieurX wrote: The monitor will upscale.
Are you sure? I thought that
These monitors are using Bypass type board. This type has compatibility issue with Graphic card and Mainboards. Please check the compatibility chart before make purchase.
meant that the monitor has no scaler.

I think that a scaler would be useful but you don't want to use it for the bulk of your work. Some people even claim that the lack of a scaler is good for gaming because it cuts down latency (I have no idea if this is true).

I've lived with a 2560x1600 @ 60 Hz Dell monitor for six years. It has no scaler but it can also do 1280x800 in a pinch, which lets it work with single-link DVI computers. But why would you bother? I wish it had multiple inputs; I bought a dual-link DVI KVM switch but those are normally very expensive (~$500).

I now have a 4k Seiki TV as my monitor. It takes only HDMI and is therefore restricted to 30Hz refresh at 3840x2160 resolution (it can do other resolutions and can scale but the result isn't particularly pretty or useful).

Can the Wasabi Mango monitor refresh 2460x1440 at 60Hz using HDMI? I guess so since the bandwidth is actually less than my monitor's at 30Hz.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: Does anyone know if connecting this by HDMI will result in same refresh rate / input lag as connecting by displayport? Any differences in performance?

Also, what is the benefit of 2 hdmi ports? Is it possible to daisy chain these? So laptop hdmi connected to monitor 1's hdmi1, and then monitor 1's hdmi2 connected to monitor 2's hdmi1, or does that not work?
AFAIK, none of these inexpensive QHD monitors has a DisplayPort input. If I remember, I think you have to pay at least $100 more for one that does.

What's remarkable about this listing is that it does have multiple inputs for the same price as those that are limited to a single dual-link DVI input.

A second HDMI port allows you to connect a second computer. Or a TV tuner. Potentially quite useful.
May 12, 2014
32 posts
61 upvotes
Other than weird name its tempting, very low price for any 2560x1440 LCD. AH-IPS monitors feature improved color accuracy, greater light transmission, and use less power.
Sep 28, 2011
569 posts
241 upvotes
Alberta
Odd. Says it's not compatible with macs, but my Mac Pro has an nvidia gtx 560 ti which is. I wonder why it wouldn't work...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)