Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2008
52 posts
1 upvote
mississauga

Wasaga beach or Sauble beach,ON

Hi there,

Which beach do you suggest/prefer and why..Wasaga or Sauble?
I just want to enjoy the beach and water..not much into shopping etc.
Please suggest.
Happy summer to all :D
Thanks
Sreesha
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
sauble is my preference; nice, clean, fun but not too rowdy...find wasaga trashy & tacky.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7776 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
+1 Sauble. Its further but nicer. Wasaga is a longer beach but Sauble has better sand and the water is much funner to be in.

I actually prefer Grand Bend though.
Sep 3, 2007
659 posts
72 upvotes
Aurora
I prefer Sauble beach. The water is clean and the beach is clean compare to Wasaga.

However, there is no shade/tree on the beach so bring your own shade. Also if you plan to stay over night, there aren't many nice places to stay compare to Wasaga/Blue Mountain.
Jul 15, 2005
855 posts
10 upvotes
raptorfan wrote: sauble is my preference; nice, clean, fun but not too rowdy...find wasaga trashy & tacky.
I completely agree!

Also worth checking out the Bruce Caves in Wiarton if you go to Sauble.
Nov 26, 2008
52 posts
1 upvote
mississauga
Thanks for all the inputs.

We will be going to Tobermory,Bruce Peninsula NP --a day trip,.....coming down to Mosaic at Blue (Blue Mountains) for the next 2 days. On the last day of our trip we are planning to hit a beach....

We will definitely consider Sauble beach... we have two kids..hope they will enjoy the beach as well.

I am saving Sandbanks for the next trip...
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
Sauble Beach. You will never find a better beach in Canada that is clean, warm and with great fine sand. While you're at it. Head up to Tobermory and check out Flowerpot Island.
Dec 31, 1969
Definitely consider Sauble, if you're going with the family though and wanted to picnic and such, good luck finding a nice shady area!
Banned
Jul 15, 2009
27 posts
blink wrote: I completely agree!

Also worth checking out the Bruce Caves in Wiarton if you go to Sauble.

Ah... we are planning to hit Sauble Fall, Wiarton and Tobermory for a day trip. I heard that there is a scenic route you can take that goes through sauble, wiarton, the 99 parallel and then onto tobermory?

Anyone know this route if am leaving from the cambridge/milton area?
Jun 22, 2005
787 posts
gypsies wrote: Anyone?
i want too propably will decide this evening.... i m in mississauga, it takes 3 hrs for it.. which is far i guess.. dont u think?
faizal :lol:
Oct 16, 2008
89 posts
gypsies wrote: Ah... we are planning to hit Sauble Fall, Wiarton and Tobermory for a day trip. I heard that there is a scenic route you can take that goes through sauble, wiarton, the 99 parallel and then onto tobermory?

Anyone know this route if am leaving from the cambridge/milton area?

I think you are referring Bruce Trail, it is an extensive trail system for hiking. Check out Cypress Lake Provincial Park just South of Tobemory. The Bruce Trail goes throught the park. You will need to park your vehicle, get a map from the park warden and then walk to Georgian Bay. Beautiful rocky formations if you like outdoor. There will be some climbing and I have seen small children on that trail.
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but are the comments in this thread still true? Is Sauble Beach still nicer and less commercial than Wasaga Beach? Thanks.