Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Leon's

Washer / Dryer Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2018 10:15 am
Tags:
Nov 22, 2009
53 posts
1 upvote

[Leon's] Washer / Dryer Deals

We all know about the HD mayteg deal $896

Can be PM'ed at sears with 200 series model (white), Leons will pricematch and include free delivery ( 200 serties whites.)

No other PM's are avail. If there are any cupons or PM's please post.

NOW Leons also posting in thweir flyer a Sammy set for $1078 and has another set of Sammy's for $1098 just via their washer/dryer llink .

Any Pm's or coupons here ?
702 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1168 posts
53 upvotes
Sounds like a hot deal that the new ones cost $200 more.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
If looking to spend $1078, hold out for the GE set (6800 series) as they are better with an internal water heater that gives you a sanitize and anti-bacterial feature. Good for kitchen rags, bed sheets, bed bug concerns, etc.

Great set! Most of the sub $1,000 do not have this, heck most over $1,000 don't have that.
nisssmo wrote: We all know about the HD mayteg deal $896

Can be PM'ed at sears with 200 series model (white), Leons will pricematch and include free delivery ( 200 serties whites.)

No other PM's are avail. If there are any cupons or PM's please post.

NOW Leons also posting in thweir flyer a Sammy set for $1078 and has another set of Sammy's for $1098 just via their washer/dryer llink .

Any Pm's or coupons here ?
Apr 5, 2004
18 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
As for Leons and the others, make sure you check stock inventory before heading there. I was shopping for a Samsung WF218 washer, Leons has the best price but you have to wait at least a month for they to get inventory. I turned around to Sears and had them PM'd for immediate delivery (well, in 3 days, but good enough). I ended up paying a $40 more (the cost of delivery minus the 10% price delta I got from Sears) but get to replace the broken washer a full month sooner (and knowing full well they will be there for me if I should run into problem with this appliance during warranty period).

Yes, the internal heater is a good feature. I got that in my washer as well.

I would also double check Consumers Report and etc for reliability and performance rating before buying...
May 27, 2008
289 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
Futureshop has a pair of Samsung on sale for $1198 and they currently have no HST on major appliances. I think these are a reasonable deal, at least for those of us with 13% HST. Am I right?
Jun 17, 2008
146 posts
62 upvotes
Saskatchewan
There was a radio ad yesterday for Maytag Performance Series at Home Depot for $970~ starting on the 18th. They never stated the model but if it's the 300 series that'd be a pretty good deal
Nov 22, 2009
53 posts
1 upvote
HD new flyer is out . Now the white maytage 200 series on sale instead but for $998
their GE units are $998 as well
Jul 27, 2003
265 posts
8 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I saw couple of these Whirlpool, Maytag, LG washer/dryer combo for 4 cubic + 7.3cubic models that are $600? how come we are still paying $1000+ for crappy Lg models? I have a pair from LG that I have to open the whole chassis just to clean out all the lint twice since it was not drying my load unless I run it 3 or 4 times(60min on high).
BTW I do clean that dryer vent every 3 months. :cry:
Jan 6, 2010
389 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
I bought these at FS at the end of last month for $2657.46:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 1c77feen02

I had to wait five days until they came in from the regional warehouse in Edmonton. That price included the stacking kit, 5 year extended warranty (I know, I know), and taxes (only GST in Alberta).

I must admit, they are a pretty sweet set - and HUGE! I think they are Samsung's top of the line. I did have to haggle to get that price though.
Jun 10, 2008
82 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks OP, this thread has a lot of good information. I'll avoid HD after reading some posts here.

I had decided to buy a Samsung pair anyways... looking forward to any tips on those. It's going to be my first washer ever.. : - )
Nov 23, 2007
651 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
Just wondering but will any of the washer/dryer combo deals fit in a condo space? I currently have a really old combo washer/dryer like the one at FS now.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 69350cen02

But I'm wondering if any of the combos on sale now can be stacked on top of one another? Or would I need to place them side by side? Because I probably won't have space for side by side setting if that's the case!

If none of the "modern" washer/dryer can be stacked on top of one another, then I might have to resort to buy the one from FS (good thing they have tax free event right now). It's just that wife would much rather have a modern looking washer/dryer instead of the older retro look!

anyone with experience or tip on this issue?

much appreciated in advance! =)
Jun 17, 2008
146 posts
62 upvotes
Saskatchewan
nitro0610 wrote: Just wondering but will any of the washer/dryer combo deals fit in a condo space? I currently have a really old combo washer/dryer like the one at FS now.

But I'm wondering if any of the combos on sale now can be stacked on top of one another? Or would I need to place them side by side? Because I probably won't have space for side by side setting if that's the case!

If none of the "modern" washer/dryer can be stacked on top of one another, then I might have to resort to buy the one from FS (good thing they have tax free event right now). It's just that wife would much rather have a modern looking washer/dryer instead of the older retro look!

Most of the new front loaders can be stacked, just look on the manufacturer page or a lot of times Futureshop or Home Depots site states this as well
Nov 23, 2007
651 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
thanks again for your answer! That helps a lot!!

Another question since I'm a total noob in this whole washer/dryer business....is the price trend likely to drop even further later on? Reason I'm asking is because my unit is still working fine but now with the home depot sale & futureshop's tax free event, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger now or wait till later when my beatup unit is actually dying!

any thoughts anyone?

thanks again for the help!! =)
Jan 6, 2010
389 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
nitro0610 wrote: Just wondering but will any of the washer/dryer combo deals fit in a condo space? I currently have a really old combo washer/dryer like the one at FS now.

You usually must buy a stacking kit which seems to go for around $40 - unless you can get them to throw it in for free. I think the width is standard (around 27" I think), but the depth can change a lot. Ours stick out a *lot* more than the old set.

About waiting for it to fail: when ours failed, it was the main bearing and it leaked bearing oil all over the clothes - ruining them. I would suggest that if they are getting old, and you can afford it, replace them *before* they break. I was surprised at how important the washer and dryer are in our household!
Nov 22, 2009
53 posts
1 upvote
Ok

the GE set is a PM at sears , same with Maytag feee pick up or delivery can be free if you ask for it

Leons is willing to also match maytag or GE set and free delivery.

I can't seem to match the Samsung from leons anywhere.

Does sears have any cupons ? Is Ge better than maytag ?
Nov 23, 2007
651 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
canclan wrote: You usually must buy a stacking kit which seems to go for around $40 - unless you can get them to throw it in for free. I think the width is standard (around 27" I think), but the depth can change a lot. Ours stick out a *lot* more than the old set.

About waiting for it to fail: when ours failed, it was the main bearing and it leaked bearing oil all over the clothes - ruining them. I would suggest that if they are getting old, and you can afford it, replace them *before* they break. I was surprised at how important the washer and dryer are in our household!

Thanks for your reply! I'd be sure to ask for the "stacking kit" when I do buy one! Don't even know such thing exists cuz I thought you just stack on top of one another. As to the waiting game....I'm torn between buying one now and take advantage of FS tax free event (which expires tomorrow) or wait until boxing day and see if there are better deals?!?!

One thing I really hate to see is price drop even lower on boxing day cuz I'm not the kind of guy to go and return big items like washer/dryer! Just not worth the effort but I would be dead p*ssed if that happens! decisions decisions.....

*Btw, the Home Depot's maytag deal expires last sunday (Nov 14th) already so I don't know how people are still able to pm that deal with Leon & Sears??!!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1362 posts
269 upvotes
nisssmo wrote: HD new flyer is out . Now the white maytage 200 series on sale instead but for $998
their GE units are $998 as well

Can you send the link to this flyer? What store is the flyer for? Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)