[OP]
Jun 3, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote

Washer and Dryer Set - Advice

Need to replace our 8 year old washer and dryer set. Looking at this LG set:

Washer WM3700HVA
Dryer DLEX3700V

Costco has the pair on $1887... any ideas on these units or where else to shop around? Seems like Costco wins via warranty and delivery.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4938 posts
4850 upvotes
Vancouver
How did you choose that set? Because Costco has it?
I like to check out small local appliance stores. While often expensive, their sale and clearance prices can be lower than the big national chains.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Nov 18, 2012
161 posts
103 upvotes
Oshawa
Price match at Home Depot. They will beat a advertised price by an additional 10 percent. Just do a quick google search of the model number and find a lower retailers price. You could save a few dollars easily by price matching with them. I believe it has to be a brick and mortar retailer and not a club like Costco . I bought my appliances that way from Home Depot and saved. Very happy on how easy it was to deal with them. Even got the delivery fee waved. Google is your friend to save money.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4938 posts
4850 upvotes
Vancouver
Read this thread before buying an appliance from Home Depot: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/do-not- ... ot-961048/
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Nov 18, 2012
161 posts
103 upvotes
Oshawa
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:04 pm
Read this thread before buying an appliance from Home Depot: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/do-not- ... ot-961048/
I have bought appliances twice from Home Depot with zero issues. If you notice the above thread on HD and the person who started it has been banned here at RFD. I would take it for what its worth. No retailer is perfect and things can happen. In my experience HD is very customer service oriented. If you read the fine print at any appliance retailer they have similar policy on returns ,restock fees , delivery policy etc. I did my home work before I purchased and went with them because of price and the beat policy.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1516 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
sandalwood wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:10 pm
I have bought appliances twice from Home Depot with zero issues. If you notice the above thread on HD and the person who started it has been banned here at RFD. I would take it for what its worth. No retailer is perfect and things can happen. In my experience HD is very customer service oriented. If you read the fine print at any appliance retailer they have similar policy on returns ,restock fees , delivery policy etc. I did my home work before I purchased and went with them because of price and the beat policy.
I have actually come across enough Home Depot horror stories like that one posted above. I'm sure if the appliance is working then you won't have any complaints and I'm sure there are hundreds of no complaint stories. It's just what happens after delivery that makes me have second thoughts about buying appliances from Home Depot now.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"