Beauty & Wellness

WAshing your hands before going to the washroom... IS not normal?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 8:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36340 posts
2362 upvotes
Toronto

WAshing your hands before going to the washroom... IS not normal?

The other day I was @ the pub with some mates.
I Went to the rest room. . I washed my hands, did my business, then washed them again.
A friend of mine said its weird. But my reasoning is that I don't want to get my nether regions dirty... Pee comes out of there, its sweaty, it probably smacks against your anus at least a dozen times per day.
I thought this was very normal and that everyone does it...

so... Its not normal? Does anyone else clean their hands before urinating to ensure they don't get dirt of bacteria on their cucumber?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
I dont know if its normal or not but I wash after not before.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Jul 7, 2005
765 posts
76 upvotes
North York
Depends what you did before.....
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36340 posts
2362 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 7:19 pm
@Mars2012 deleted my post containing link to this thread, because this thread was locked
YOU MEAN SOME PEOPLE ONLY DO IT BEFORE? Now that... Is gross...

I never even grew up in Asia... I barely even speak any Asian languages... and when I do... I actually sound just as bad as that annoying white guy who always tries to speak Chinese... Except I'm using that horrible Canadian accent with full Chinese sentences and dialogue.

Crazy how I picked up the habit... Almost as if it was in my genes.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3768 posts
447 upvotes
Aurora
In general, yes, it's unusual to wash your hands before. But there are exceptions. How dirty are your hands - are they at risk of contaminating appendages down below? These situations would make me wash my hands before and after.

- I've been laying mortar or grout all day.
- I've been house painting with oil-based paints.
- I've been eating nachos and have sour cream covered fingers.
- And the pièce de résistance. I've been eating suicide wings. From painful personal experience, Mr Happy does NOT like to shake hands with habanero pepper BBQ sauce covered fingers. Definitely not. Most, most definitely not...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3655 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
you already said your cucumber gets dirty from the sweat and smacking of the anus (*rolls eyes*). Your hands can't be that dirty.

The only time i wash before urinating is when my hands gets greasy from eating with hands.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1756 posts
202 upvotes
In another world
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 7:19 pm
@Mars2012 deleted my post containing link to this thread, because this thread was locked
I knew I read this thread before.
Why is it still live, though?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1360 posts
373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I wash before if my hands are dirty. I can't imagine holding your wang with sticky fingers/hand... Which means the stickiness just transfers over.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16167 posts
1023 upvotes
Woodbridge
It depends especially after eating something hot or spicy.

Lesson learned. LOL

A few people at work do wash before and after. I do because it's a factory and gets dirty.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jul 29, 2007
402 posts
103 upvotes
North America
LOL, anyways, I think most if not all the time i've gone... i've washed my hands after the deed...
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Jan 18, 2015
142 posts
26 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 5:43 pm
The other day I was @ the pub with some mates.
I Went to the rest room. . I washed my hands, did my business, then washed them again.
A friend of mine said its weird. But my reasoning is that I don't want to get my nether regions dirty... Pee comes out of there, its sweaty, it probably smacks against your anus at least a dozen times per day.
I thought this was very normal and that everyone does it...

so... Its not normal? Does anyone else clean their hands before urinating to ensure they don't get dirt of bacteria on their cucumber?
Yeah this seems to be a quirk some people have. The status quo is to wash after. Being an OCD sufferer, I wash more than twice as long afterward as most of the "twice-washers" wash; just in one wash, lol.