Expired Hot Deals

Washington Dc to Istanbul - Turkish Airlines ($399 roundtrip - including taxes)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2013 2:33 am
Tags:
None
May 10, 2009
142 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

Washington Dc to Istanbul - Turkish Airlines ($399 roundtrip - including taxes)

Pretty good deal if you can fly from Washington DC.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/is ... =&utm_term

In case you're unaware and doubting, here are the Turkish Airlines' Awards for the last two years:

Best European Airline (Skytrax) 2012
Best Airline in Southern Europe (Skytrax) 2012
World's Best Onboard Food (Skytrax) 2012
World's Best Economy Class Catering (Skytrax) 2012
World's Best Premium Economy Airline Seats (Skytrax) 2012
Best Loyalty Credit Card + Airline Program (Freddie Awards) 2012
Best European Airline (Skytrax) 2011
Best Southern European Airline (Skytrax) 2011
World's Best Onboard Food (Skyscanner) 2011
World's Best Premium Economy Class Seat (Skytrax) 2011
Market Leadership Award (Air Transport World) 2011

As of 2012, Turkish Airlines flies to more destinations than any other airline in the world.
12 replies
Mar 29, 2010
793 posts
174 upvotes
ScroogeMcDuck wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 3:27 am
That's Istanbul, not Constantinople?
yep its istanbul since 1453,
they kicked out the fat greeks and took the strategically most important city in the world.

BTW: This deal is SUPER HOT!!
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2006
2054 posts
74 upvotes
jjege wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 5:28 am
they kicked out the fat greeks and took the strategically most important city in the world.

Well, it definitely isn't Super Hot, or even warm for that matter in Istanbul during the time period they want you to fly. Since most of Istanbul's sites are outdoors, winter is one of the worst times to be there.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" - Benjamin Franklin.
Aug 13, 2006
336 posts
104 upvotes
Ottawa
Billa-786 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 9:04 am
Well, it definitely isn't Super Hot, or even warm for that matter in Istanbul during the time period they want you to fly. Since most of Istanbul's sites are outdoors, winter is one of the worst times to be there.
It's not actually that bad in Istanbul in winter especially comparing to our local weather. I spent 1.5 year in there working and the temperature in winter is around +10. Snow day in Istanbul is a national disaster day.
Mar 29, 2007
525 posts
74 upvotes
-
eugene_2005 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 9:28 am
It's not actually that bad in Istanbul in winter especially comparing to our local weather. I spent 1.5 year in there working and the temperature in winter is around +10. Snow day in Istanbul is a national disaster day.
Yeah winter isn't that Terrible, I was sweating like a fat kid in the south during the summer when I went.

However, if there are any on the fence about this deal...GO. Awesome city and some of the best food in the world.
Oct 30, 2007
171 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I was there in March 2011 for 3 days. it was cool but very bearable. Turkish Airlines is REALLY good - i would put it competitive with any other airline in terms of comfort and plane quality. i would jump on this if the timing worked for me. and if i could get to DC. $400 to Turkey is wicked good. and btw, Istanbul is an awesome place to hang out.
May 27, 2004
835 posts
100 upvotes
Great deal. I went a couple months ago when Turkish Airlines had the $600 flight sale from NYC. Fantastic airline, highly recommended.

For those in Toronto, Porter has had some fares around $120-140 each way to Washington. So if you pay $700 total round trip, that's a steal from Toronto.

Istanbul itself is nice. Was cold when I went, maybe 5-10C. So dress warmly.

Flights within Turkey are dirt cheap....to other nearby countries they're pretty cheap as well. Use Google flights or Skyscanner.com to search if you want to tack on additional side trips.

And, fyi, I found the Turkish food better in Toronto. Was extremely disappointed in the food there.
Aug 11, 2004
316 posts
33 upvotes
momairalam wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 3:26 pm
Pretty good deal if you can fly from Washington DC.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/is ... =&utm_term

In case you're unaware and doubting, here are the Turkish Airlines' Awards for the last two years:

Best European Airline (Skytrax) 2012
Best Airline in Southern Europe (Skytrax) 2012
World's Best Onboard Food (Skytrax) 2012
World's Best Economy Class Catering (Skytrax) 2012
World's Best Premium Economy Airline Seats (Skytrax) 2012
Best Loyalty Credit Card + Airline Program (Freddie Awards) 2012
Best European Airline (Skytrax) 2011
Best Southern European Airline (Skytrax) 2011
World's Best Onboard Food (Skyscanner) 2011
World's Best Premium Economy Class Seat (Skytrax) 2011
Market Leadership Award (Air Transport World) 2011

As of 2012, Turkish Airlines flies to more destinations than any other airline in the world.
Well since your quoting awards you may also want to beware the fact that Turkish Airlines is also having some labour issues.
http://www.itfglobal.org/news-online/in ... etail/8334
Mar 29, 2007
525 posts
74 upvotes
-
pakmode wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 1:15 pm
Great deal. I went a couple months ago when Turkish Airlines had the $600 flight sale from NYC. Fantastic airline, highly recommended.

For those in Toronto, Porter has had some fares around $120-140 each way to Washington. So if you pay $700 total round trip, that's a steal from Toronto.

Istanbul itself is nice. Was cold when I went, maybe 5-10C. So dress warmly.

Flights within Turkey are dirt cheap....to other nearby countries they're pretty cheap as well. Use Google flights or Skyscanner.com to search if you want to tack on additional side trips.

And, fyi, I found the Turkish food better in Toronto. Was extremely disappointed in the food there.
Are you Turkish and it wasn't like home cooking, or do you have no clue what real Turkish cuisine is and you became accustomed to what is offered in Toronto?

Honestly I may be a bit of a douche here, but that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard, you must not have been looking in the right places.
Jun 29, 2011
96 posts
18 upvotes
EDMONTON
jjege wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 5:28 am

Even old New York was once Amsterdam.
Jul 26, 2007
220 posts
13 upvotes
powerfactor wrote:
Jan 24th, 2013 2:20 am
Even old New York was once Amsterdam.
Why they changed it, I can't say. People just liked it better that way.
× < >