Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
1907 posts
6 upvotes
Tag Heuer is the only way to go....if I could afford one. I have a good Guess watch looks more expensive then it is. Paid $220 for it, anybody know a good place for cheap authentic Tags? Don't want that knock off crap
!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7278 posts
144 upvotes
xbl_sucks wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 3:19 pm
Tag Heuer is the only way to go....if I could afford one. I have a good Guess watch looks more expensive then it is. Paid $220 for it, anybody know a good place for cheap authentic Tags? Don't want that knock off crap
Tag is definitely a good entry point for "real" time pieces. Price is good and the brand is well known. A good "guys" piece.

Also give Ball Watch a gander. http://www.ballwatch.com/

Pricing is about the same range and Ball is also recognized world-wide. Esp with its self powered Tritum tubes (glows with gas for 25yrs without external light source). I have the Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III. Its awesome.

Whatever you do, don't jump into Omega. Once bitten by the Omega bug, you won't be able to stop ! Got myself two Omega's already.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6640 posts
928 upvotes
43mm would usually be refering to the diameter of the bezel / case, the basic overall dimension without lugs, buttons & crown in the equation.

For example on my new baby a Lum-Tec Bull45 A5(see pics below), the 45mm is the diameter of the circular bezel, which is also the width of the case on this.

I have small wrist like you as well but I don't mind this big piece on mine, so I wouldn't worry too much about wrist size (see last pic - it looks awesome on Domo).

Pictures
Anonymouse wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 5:16 pm
My wrist is 5.5 cm wide. When they talk about a 43mm watch, does that refer to the diameter of the dial, or the distance between the ends of the band receivers?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Dec 25, 2003
271 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I'm probably gonna get laughed at for this but I decided I'd take a chance and risk the $20 to order one of these little puppies:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14042

As far as looks go it looks pretty awesome. I get lots of compliments on it and everyone is amazed when I tell them how much it was. So far two people I know ordered the same one (which is actually kind of annoying). It draws attention as well because you can see one part spinning away all the time and other people notice it, especially outdoors when it's sunny.

Only problem is it doesn't keep time very accurately.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3747 posts
10 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 4:40 pm
Tag is definitely a good entry point for "real" time pieces. Price is good and the brand is well known. A good "guys" piece.

Also give Ball Watch a gander. http://www.ballwatch.com/

Pricing is about the same range and Ball is also recognized world-wide. Esp with its self powered Tritum tubes (glows with gas for 25yrs without external light source). I have the Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III. Its awesome.

Whatever you do, don't jump into Omega. Once bitten by the Omega bug, you won't be able to stop ! Got myself two Omega's already.
thanks for that site... that is something i will consider in the future...
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Oct 10, 2006
471 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
ill be going to the caribbean/duty free shopping island and am interested in picking up a new watch. i am not exactly sure what i want but how do you guys usually check whether you're actually getting a deal or not? do you have to bargain to get a good deal or do the prices start at reasonable levels?

thanks!!1!
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18962 posts
741 upvotes
Montreal
Kieraw wrote:
Aug 26th, 2009 10:06 pm
ill be going to the caribbean/duty free shopping island and am interested in picking up a new watch. i am not exactly sure what i want but how do you guys usually check whether you're actually getting a deal or not? do you have to bargain to get a good deal or do the prices start at reasonable levels?

thanks!!1!
Know your retail prices. It all depends on the brand, too. In the US/Canada from authorized dealers I can easily get 25% off Omega or Breitling, and on some occasions as much as 40%. Rolex is tough to find discounted although some dealers here and there MAY discount 15% at best.

Not really sure about discounts on other brands.
Oct 10, 2006
471 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote:
Aug 26th, 2009 10:10 pm
Know your retail prices. It all depends on the brand, too. In the US/Canada from authorized dealers I can easily get 25% off Omega or Breitling, and on some occasions as much as 40%. Rolex is tough to find discounted although some dealers here and there MAY discount 15% at best.

Not really sure about discounts on other brands.
thanks for the quick reply.

not sure what exactly i'll be getting but i would like an automatic, simple faced, mid-large sized watch. any suggestions anyone?

current watch is an old seiko kinetic
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7278 posts
144 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote:
Aug 26th, 2009 9:28 pm
http://www.omegawatches.com/minisites/s ... isite.html

This alone makes me want to own an Omega Speedmaster.
Definitely full of history the Speedmaster. But, they did false claim it was the only watch worn on the moon:

http://www.chronomaddox.com/moonmovement.html

To this day, Omega claims both in print advertizement and as of lately on the backs of display back Speedmasters that the "moonwatch" is
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4300 posts
497 upvotes
Regardless it did passed all NASA stress tests, Rolex, Brietling, Tag, etc all failed.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6640 posts
928 upvotes
If the same tests were done today, I would expect results would be different. Ie. the Rolex Deep Sea-dweller is amazing watch.

I also want to point out there that has other watches that has been to space besides Omega since.
mebiuspower wrote:
Aug 27th, 2009 8:10 am
Regardless it did passed all NASA stress tests, Rolex, Brietling, Tag, etc all failed.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
4 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Aug 26th, 2009 10:50 pm
Definitely full of history the Speedmaster. But, they did false claim it was the only watch worn on the moon:

http://www.chronomaddox.com/moonmovement.html

To this day, Omega claims both in print advertizement and as of lately on the backs of display back Speedmasters that the "moonwatch" is
STERCUS ACCIDIT :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18962 posts
741 upvotes
Montreal
hdom wrote:
Aug 27th, 2009 9:39 am
If the same tests were done today, I would expect results would be different. Ie. the Rolex Deep Sea-dweller is amazing watch.
See, this is where you are wrong, as you do not know the history behind the Speedmaster. NASA wanted a watch that was manual wind, because they were unsure of how self-winding watches would respond to zero gravity. not only that, they needed a Chronograph. The DSSD is neither manual wind, nor a chronograph, so it would never be used. You just think the watch is cool that's why you said that :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

aviator_13