Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Nov 21, 2001
856 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
Stock R wrote: How much were you selling it for?

$140 with a leather strap with orange thread. I love the watch with the bracelet on it now. I actually rotate it with my Submariner now.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2005
1686 posts
109 upvotes
Hyphy wrote: Still trying to find a deal on one :|
[IMG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbyq0 ... o1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Funny, same as the poster above, it took me almost a month to find a buyer for a friend's Orange Monster on bracelet that was for sale at $150.

My two aren't going for sale anytime soon though

[IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KPXPvkrfPYg/TPcLY ... G_6702.JPG[/IMG]

Here's my new to me Ocean7 LM-2, I have the Ocean7 bracelet as well but I can't get the spring bars between the lugs for the life of me

[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_KPXPvkrfPYg/TPcLo ... G_6703.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_KPXPvkrfPYg/TPcL9 ... G_6704.JPG[/IMG]

Here's a pilot from Getat that I ordered for the same friend above and is for sale

[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_KPXPvkrfPYg/TPcQW ... G_6707.JPG[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3254 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
^
Hmm, the battery life is enough for only 1 day no? And it's not like the screen is on 24/7, you need to power it on to look at the watch...kind of inconvenient.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2005
1686 posts
109 upvotes
LegiT wrote: ^
Hmm, the battery life is enough for only 1 day no? And it's not like the screen is on 24/7, you need to power it on to look at the watch...kind of inconvenient.

Engadget (I think it was them at least) did a great review of using the Nano as a watch, essentially renders it useless for all purposes (to paraphrase) was their conclusion
May 30, 2007
398 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
For those looking for Seiko, ALL Seiko is 50% off until Christmas time at Times Circle at FMP...

My faves: Omega Speedmaster Pro (which I have) and Tag Grand Carrera RS 6 (which I want)
Jul 31, 2007
10 posts
van
has any TO members dealt with Louis Black Jewelers on Bellair St? Looking to purchase a Sinn U1 as they are they only Sinn dealers in Canada. What to know are they easy to deal with since im all the way in Vancouver.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5893 posts
42 upvotes
where's the best place to buy a Hamilton watch in Toronto? or should i keep looking in the grey market?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
tsaktuo wrote: has any TO members dealt with Louis Black Jewelers on Bellair St? Looking to purchase a Sinn U1 as they are they only Sinn dealers in Canada. What to know are they easy to deal with since im all the way in Vancouver.

Thanks

watchbuys ships to canada.

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/home.asp

If LB have a 556 in stock, do tell me!
Jul 6, 2005
135 posts
334 upvotes
Ottawa
tsaktuo wrote: has any TO members dealt with Louis Black Jewelers on Bellair St? Looking to purchase a Sinn U1 as they are they only Sinn dealers in Canada. What to know are they easy to deal with since im all the way in Vancouver.

Thanks

I am not in TO, however, I purchased a U1 SDR from Louis Black earlier this year. I dealt with them over the phone from Ottawa and had them ship the watch to my home. They ended up ordering one direct from Sinn as they did not have one in stock. It took about two weeks. At the time their prices were comparable to Watchbuys. Overall, it was a very smooth transaction and I was happy with their service.
Jul 31, 2007
10 posts
van
Trapper wrote: I am not in TO, however, I purchased a U1 SDR from Louis Black earlier this year. I dealt with them over the phone from Ottawa and had them ship the watch to my home. They ended up ordering one direct from Sinn as they did not have one in stock. It took about two weeks. At the time their prices were comparable to Watchbuys. Overall, it was a very smooth transaction and I was happy with their service.

Thanks for the info. now the decision of either getting U1 or the U1 SDR. how is the bezel holding up? does it scratch or chip easily?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3558 posts
26 upvotes
Thinking about buying a Breitling seawolf or an Omega PO XL. Don't really prefer one over the other, at the moment I'll just take whichever one I can get at a better discount. Since La Swiss is the only AD in Toronto for Breitlings I would assume that their discount isn't that great since people don't really have an option to buy anywhere else? Should I expect that their discount get any better on boxing day? What kind of discount should I look to get on either of these?
Jul 6, 2005
135 posts
334 upvotes
Ottawa
tsaktuo wrote: Thanks for the info. now the decision of either getting U1 or the U1 SDR. how is the bezel holding up? does it scratch or chip easily?

So far the bezel has held up very well. I've had the watch for 5 months and the bezel is in perfect condition. I wear it nearly every evening and on the weekends. The only signs of wear are scuff marks on the clasp for the rubber strap.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3254 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
TapemanPL wrote: Thinking about buying a Breitling seawolf or an Omega PO XL. Don't really prefer one over the other, at the moment I'll just take whichever one I can get at a better discount. Since La Swiss is the only AD in Toronto for Breitlings I would assume that their discount isn't that great since people don't really have an option to buy anywhere else? Should I expect that their discount get any better on boxing day? What kind of discount should I look to get on either of these?

There have been 40% off discounts at La Swiss but they mark up the watches before the sale so do your research before purchasing.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1596 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
imak wrote: For those looking for Seiko, ALL Seiko is 50% off until Christmas time at Times Circle at FMP...

My faves: Omega Speedmaster Pro (which I have) and Tag Grand Carrera RS 6 (which I want)

Do you know which ones they carry? Do they have the Sumo? Monster? Any of the mechanical divers? Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)