Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Wow! Would love to know where you got that deal from. :D

if you are serious, i will hook you up. But I can't guarantee it will be the same.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1825 posts
465 upvotes
You are right LegiT, I was out of line. sorry if i offended you

On to other news.... I just sold my watch, and have now ordered the entire lineup of Getat's, plus bought ipod nano to strap on my wrist to use as a watch then heading to McDonads to get me a nice Hello Kitty happy meal watch. I might as well get a neon green g-shock for good measure as well ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
Here's my current collection, the only watch that isn't here is my Omega SMP, which i gave to my father, so i guess it really doesn't belong to me anymore.

Going from clockwise starting from Top left
1. Zenith Chronomaster Open XXT
2. Omega Planet Ocean 45.5 Orange Bezel (I call my swimming and cruise watch)
3. Seiko SLQ021 Official Honda F1 watch. #755/1500
4. Corum Admiral Cup Day Date 48mm
5. Rolex Datejust two tone, w/ Diamond numbers
6. Rolex Explorer 2
7. IWC UTC 2008 Antoine de Daint Exupery # 414/1188
8. IWC Power Reserve 2007 Antoine de Saint Expuery #47/1178

I'm sure those dates on the IWC's are correct, if they aren't its 2008 and 2009. I don't remember anymore.

I'll post my wife's collection sometime this week, have to go to the safety deposit box to pick up two of them that are there.

[IMG]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/801/img6462u.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1825 posts
465 upvotes
That Zenith is a real nice watch, I think you just put your foot down of who the real baller of this thread is. From Klienburg too eh that means your super rich, lol. Ever seen a Viper ACR in your neighbourghood?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5504 posts
690 upvotes
charmz wrote: That Zenith is a real nice watch, I think you just put your foot down of who the real baller of this thread is. From Klienburg too eh that means your super rich, lol. Ever seen a Viper ACR in your neighbourghood?

Guess you never really paid any attention to the thread at all and just wanted to show off your single watch. Great job.
r1lee wrote:if you are serious, i will hook you up. But I can't guarantee it will be the same.
Sweet. Once the time comes I will take you up on that offer. :D
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1825 posts
465 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Guess you never really paid any attention to the thread at all and just wanted to show off your single watch. Great job.

Nope to be honest with you I really havnt I mostly use RFD to sell some odds and ends but Ive been really bored lately and wandered off into some of the other forums, but if there was some more posts like r1lee's above, maybe I would.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes
Those IWCs above, caught my eye. Nice collection. I wouldn't mind to own a collection like that in time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Sweet. Once the time comes I will take you up on that offer. :D
Sure just hit me up and I'll take care of you.
charmz wrote: That Zenith is a real nice watch, I think you just put your foot down of who the real baller of this thread is. From Klienburg too eh that means your super rich, lol. Ever seen a Viper ACR in your neighbourghood?
Yes, the Green Viper ACR, nice guy. Said hi to me on the highway, of course I waived back. No, i'm just another ordinary guy, who enjoys some hobbies...
The Zenith is my least favourite of the bunch, it lacks a date which I didn't think would bother me. It also lacks a lume, so to go with the fact that I check the date 20x a day, and I can't see at night or in the dark, it becomes a pretty useless watch. I try to wear it once or twice a month if I can remember to put it in.
Insider wrote: Those IWCs above, caught my eye. Nice collection. I wouldn't mind to own a collection like that in time.

The sad thing is, my wife's collection is nicer than mine, and I'm the one who got her into watches.
The last model of the Antoine edition was the Big Pilot, which if I would have known, I would not have bought the two that I have. Craftsmanship is top notch on the IWC, I don't think any other watch that I have comes close.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3254 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
charmz wrote: You are right LegiT, I was out of line. sorry if i offended you

On to other news.... I just sold my watch, and have now ordered the entire lineup of Getat's, plus bought ipod nano to strap on my wrist to use as a watch then heading to McDonads to get me a nice Hello Kitty happy meal watch. I might as well get a neon green g-shock for good measure as well ;)

Great reply. You really took what I said to heart. Good to know you sold that fake Cartier watch of yours. Don't you have more than one picture of it btw? ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1825 posts
465 upvotes
LegiT wrote: Great reply. You really took what I said to heart. Good to know you sold that fake Cartier watch of yours. Don't you have more than one picture of it btw? ;)

One pic was all it took, there is a sucker born everyday. I sure fooled that guy.

You can look forward to tons of pics of my new watch collection...
$6000 for every single watch/colour/size/band combo on getat's website wholesale order, $100 neon g-shock, $150 ipod nano convereted into watch, and the other $750 will be to bargain with GunnerX for his hello kitty. If GunnerX is generous and gives me a good price, I might even go to The Bay and buy 5 or 6 ESQ's and Fossil's
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5504 posts
690 upvotes
Actually I don't have Hello Kitty. You'll have to settle for Keroppi or My Melody. That's all I can afford.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Should have asked me before you went to buy. I just just checked my receipt. SS 45.5 orange bezel + extra Omega orange rubber strap with deployment, $2900 tax in, new and from an AD.

Wow...that's a great deal...and I thought my $2500 45.5 orange numerals with black/strap orange stitching was a great deal. Any chance you want to sell your SS bracelet ;)
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Here's my current collection, the only watch that isn't here is my Omega SMP, which i gave to my father, so i guess it really doesn't belong to me anymore.

Going from clockwise starting from Top left
1. Zenith Chronomaster Open XXT
2. Omega Planet Ocean 45.5 Orange Bezel (I call my swimming and cruise watch)
3. Seiko SLQ021 Official Honda F1 watch. #755/1500
4. Corum Admiral Cup Day Date 48mm
5. Rolex Datejust two tone, w/ Diamond numbers
6. Rolex Explorer 2
7. IWC UTC 2008 Antoine de Daint Exupery # 414/1188
8. IWC Power Reserve 2007 Antoine de Saint Expuery #47/1178

I'm sure those dates on the IWC's are correct, if they aren't its 2008 and 2009. I don't remember anymore.

I'll post my wife's collection sometime this week, have to go to the safety deposit box to pick up two of them that are there.

[IMG]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/801/img6462u.jpg[/IMG]
Great collection :cool:

Surprise there's no PAM and/or Big Bang...not liking the style?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
dOuble O wrote: Wow...that's a great deal...and I thought my $2500 45.5 orange numerals with black/strap orange stitching was a great deal. Any chance you want to sell your SS bracelet ;)

Uh, isn't $2500 a pretty wicked deal also?
I switch the bracelet/strap pretty often. The Orange strap is used for swimming and when I go on vacation. The black strap with orange stitching is sweet, got any pics?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Uh, isn't $2500 a pretty wicked deal also?
I switch the bracelet/strap pretty often. The Orange strap is used for swimming and when I go on vacation. The black strap with orange stitching is sweet, got any pics?

It was...until you posted yours...LOL.

If I want to get a SS bracelet, the cheapest I have found was around $600...so that makes it around $3100...so your price trumps mine.

I'll see if I can take a couple tonight
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
dOuble O wrote: Great collection :cool:

Surprise there's no PAM and/or Big Bang...not liking the style?
Never liked PAM's, never will. Big Bang is just not my type of watch either. I'm more interested in the Grand Carrera 36RS2 i think, with the black leather strape w/red stitching. Or back to a Montblanc Timewalker GMT. Other then those two, i'll wait for my grail.
dOuble O wrote: It was...until you posted yours...LOL.

If I want to get a SS bracelet, the cheapest I have found was around $600...so that makes it around $3100...so your price trumps mine.

I'll see if I can take a couple tonight

But you bought it with the rubber strap then decided to go the other way. Where I knew the SS bracelet was the most expensive, so I bought that with the strap as an add-on. Still waiting for your pics, but next post is my wife's collection.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
Clockwise from Top Left

1. Some Tag..
2. Cartier SS roadster (quartz - the automatic was too big on her wrist)
3. Rolex SS Datejust
4. Rolex Datejust two tone w/diamond numbers (matches mine)
5. Zenith Chronomaster Star w/diamond bezel (she also has the white lizard strap)
6. Chanel J12 w/ diamond numbers (midsize)

missing is some Gucci watch.. So overall she has 1 less watch then I do, but nicer ones.

[IMG]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4092/img6473x.jpg[/IMG]
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Clockwise from Top Left

1. Some Tag..
2. Cartier SS roadster (quartz - the automatic was too big on her wrist)
3. Rolex SS Datejust
4. Rolex Datejust two tone w/diamond numbers (matches mine)
5. Zenith Chronomaster Star w/diamond bezel (she also has the white lizard strap)
6. Chanel J12 w/ diamond numbers (midsize)

missing is some Gucci watch.. So overall she has 1 less watch then I do, but nicer ones.

[IMG]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4092/img6473x.jpg[/IMG]
Actually, I believe your collections is better than your wife's. You are just being nice so she will allow you to grow your collection :)
Nice watches btw! I never really cared for IWC's before, but they are beginning to grow on me. Going to Hong Kong in April, I wonder if there are still deals to be had.
Got all of my watches there before they started jacking up prices like crazy due to the weakness of the HKD/USD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
laip wrote: Actually, I believe your collections is better than your wife's. You are just being nice so she will allow you to grow your collection :)
Nice watches btw! I never really cared for IWC's before, but they are beginning to grow on me. Going to Hong Kong in April, I wonder if there are still deals to be had.
Got all of my watches there before they started jacking up prices like crazy due to the weakness of the HKD/USD.

There is no more heavy discounts in HK from my knowledge. My mother inlaw just returned and she said all the omega dealers wouldn't give more than 20%. This was also the case down in the caribbean, 25%.
Watch manufacturers are cracking down on heavy discounts and have been taking away licenses from dealers on carrying their lines. Unless you know an owner or someone who's willing to take the chance to sell to you below the authorized price, most dealers aren't willing to take this chance over a couple hundred bucks.