Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote:
Sep 10th, 2007 9:59 pm
Here's my next purchase. I'm leaning towards the white:

[IMG]http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/88/3f/8964_3.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://crunchgear.com/wp-content/testph ... G_6629.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a link to the whole Timex TX line...very nice indeed:

http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2 ... 41149.html
nice watch, would like it in black with a steel band
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5355 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking to purchase a new watch in the next little while. I'm looking for something that is automatic. At the moment I'm thinking between the Tag Heuer Aquaracer or Omega Seamaster. Any ones around $1500-2000? The cheaper the better. It would take a little while for me to save up for it. I heard that Birks has a payment option plan where you can make monthly payments for a year. Anyone know the details and what makes you qualified for this? What's a good place to get the watch from and which one should I choose? Thanks.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13317 posts
1641 upvotes
Mississauga
djmr2 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2007 1:10 am
WOW, when did timex start making cool watches! i'd buy that for the right price.
They are behind lots of designer labels as well.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20307 posts
2296 upvotes
YUL
konfusion666 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2007 10:27 pm
According to some comments posted in the CTV Blog that najibs linked, it is available at La Swiss, and a poster claimed he was able to "negotiate the TX 300 down to $200" which makes it cheaper than the Officer's 1884 Swiss Army watch I bought from La Swiss a few years ago, which was even after negotiating...
Yeah, that's the base TX series model. The one I posted was the Flyback 730, which retails for $550. I'm pretty sure if you go in person to LaSwiss you can talk them down at least 10-15%.
djmr2 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2007 1:10 am
WOW, when did timex start making cool watches! i'd buy that for the right price.
That's the high end Timex, called the TX series. The moment I saw it I was amazed. They look even better in person. I'll be getting the white face on stainless bracelet model soon...
Oct 17, 2002
719 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Havo wrote:
Sep 12th, 2007 11:51 am
I'm looking to purchase a new watch in the next little while. I'm looking for something that is automatic. At the moment I'm thinking between the Tag Heuer Aquaracer or Omega Seamaster. Any ones around $1500-2000? The cheaper the better. It would take a little while for me to save up for it. I heard that Birks has a payment option plan where you can make monthly payments for a year. Anyone know the details and what makes you qualified for this? What's a good place to get the watch from and which one should I choose? Thanks.
I'd go for the Omega any day of the week. Build quality (and name) just doesnt even compare.

I'd avoid Birks.... There are many AD's that will over 20-25%+ discounts on Omegas. Go to the Timezone.com forums and do a search in the Omega section (there will be plenty of people who can refer you to AD's in Canada that give good discounts).

And for that price range... definately Omega. Probably the best brand in that range ($1500-$3000). If you want to go up another $500-$1000, definately take a look at the Omega Planet Ocean.
Watch out though... these things can get addictive, -especially when you go to the $5K+ range (Panerai, IWC, JLC, Rolex, AP)
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8293 posts
134 upvotes
Kitchener
M@rk wrote:
Jun 6th, 2007 4:08 am
I got this as a gift.... it's a shame because it's too big for my wrist, so I've never worn it. I wanted to sell it, but don't really know where.

[IMG]http://watchbattery.co.uk/shop/WACS-MTG900DU2.jpg[/IMG]

It's like the most high-tech watch I've ever seen!

-It has a battery, but it charges via solar power during the day. Supposedly I never have to change the batteries... Haha it even has a battery power gauge.
-It automatically sets itself! It receives a signal from the atomic clock every night and calibrates for accuracy
-Can show the current time in major cities like HK and London
-Has 5 alarms with snooze
-Detects low-light and turns on backlight automatically when you position the watch towards your face
-Has time memo
-200m water resistance (is this suitable for diving?)
-Can survive a 10m fall due to shock absorbencies
-etc.

Man, it's such a shame I can't wear this :( I didn't know they made watches this high tech.
I have that watch too, except its the MI:III limited edition in black. Great great practical watch, and it never runs out of battery. I've dropped it on the ground and it has no scratches, and I've washed my hands with it on and no water got in.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1881 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
I've seen watches like these at flea markets, street vendors, asian stores, etc. They look cool but the three small hands are dummies, only painted on!

What would be a real watch equivalent? Large face with lots of details (almost compass like) and preferably black with red/white accents and metal band?

Also, a lot of times, watches will have directions like NSEW on the outer band but no actual compass. How are you supposed to use that?
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
5 upvotes
Spare-Flair wrote:
Sep 14th, 2007 8:36 am
I've seen watches like these at flea markets, street vendors, asian stores, etc. They look cool but the three small hands are dummies, only painted on!

What would be a real watch equivalent? Large face with lots of details (almost compass like) and preferably black with red/white accents and metal band?

Also, a lot of times, watches will have directions like NSEW on the outer band but no actual compass. How are you supposed to use that?
Buy a cheap watch, you get a cheap watch.

2 versions of sub dials are (1) a chronograph complication that is used as a stop watch or (2) day/date/month for each for the smaller dials.

I have a watch that uses the 3 sub dials as the #2 version and a fourth sub dial showing the phases of the moon. They are all working complications. :razz:
STERCUS ACCIDIT :cheesygri